“you have to love Amato's!”

Amato's Sandwich Shops
Ranked #42 of 108 Restaurants in Brunswick
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
brunswick, ME
“you have to love Amato's!”
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Fresh pizza, local shops, salads offered, great options all ready for a quick pick up... How can you not? I'll often stop in quickly for the broccoli and spinach stuffers and a greek pasta salad - maybe a $5 lunch. SO satisfying - warm and fresh. One of my faves!

Visited May 2013

Freeport, Maine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Check your slip”
Reviewed 20 April 2013

I don't know what it is about Amato's. We like the food but it seems like every single time that I have gone there I have been ripped off for a buck or two. Check your receipt.

Visited April 2013
Danforth, Maine
“Italian done right”
Reviewed 27 October 2012

The bread is fresh, the ingredients tasty. I havent had a bad sandwich yet. The oil is a must. It makes a good sandwich GREAT. and heated up the next day is another tastey treat.

Visited April 2012
Bowdoinham
“I stopped ordering from here.”
Reviewed 20 September 2012

I used to place orders for delivery for the place where I worked. Every order had something wrong with it. I went there to eat in once thinking that it might be different. I told them no mushrooms (allergy), 45 minutes later (after the people I was with had already got their food and had eaten), I got my sandwich. I sat down, tore it in half to eat it more easily, and three mushrooms fell out of the sandwich. I took the sandwich back to the counter and told them I ordered my sandwich without mushrooms. The lady stated that she personally watched them make my sandwich and there were no mushrooms on it. I showed her the mushrooms. She snatched the tray out of my hand and stormed off with the sandwich. It took another 20 minutes to get my sandwich remade. Bad attitudes, Bad service. Haven't been back and don't plan to.

1 Thank twubbl
Danville
“ok for late night snack”
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Was a little pricey for pizza, was ok, not italian style as you might think, was located in a convenience store type setting, did have area to sit and eat, staff could have been a little more friendlier. Choose this place as it was 9:00 p.m. and most of the other restaurants were closed.

Visited August 2012