“Yucky pre made salad”

Amato's Sandwich Shops
Ranked #35 of 113 Restaurants in Brunswick
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I am sorry but the salads should be made to order and they should never include brown lettuce. Service was not friendly.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Let me tell you, everything is sharable and I wish my husband and I had known that when we ordered. We were on vacation and where we live there isn't a Amato's. He got spaghetti and meatballs and I got a small vegetarian pizza. Both were delicious but neither of us could finish our meal. The restaurant is laid back with an active take-out service. There is a small dining room with tables and chairs. No booths.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

In Maine we have a foot long sandwich we call an Italian Sandwich. Amato's makes the best Italians in the State. Their pickles set off the combination of other flavors--ham, cheese, onions, peppers, tomatoes. You order at a counter and they have a seating area for eating. They have pizza, but their ham and roast beef italians are the best.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

We travel to Maine every year, and used to live there. I can't wait for an Amato's sub each year, and my son has now developed the same love of them! All their food is quite good for the price, and a fast option. Nothing fancy, just good.

Reviewed 30 June 2013

When we lived in Brunswick a few years ago, we frequented Amato's a few times a month. They make a great meatball pizza. If you are in the mood for a sub sandwich, they make the best Italian subs around - get the double meat version if you have a big appetite.