“Comfortable but outdated”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Brunswick
Reviewed 2 February 2012

We stayed in a room with 2 queens. The rooms were comfortable but the hotel had a distinct smell to it and felt really old. It's that this is an older hotel that was later converted into a comfort inn. Staff was friendly. Breakfast was not bad but the absolute minimum, I expected more. I'm still considering whether is was worth its price. It wasn't expensive but I could have found better price/value.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank JurgenRaedts
me025, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2012

Dear Comfortable but Outdated,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Comfort Inn. We strive to offer the highest level of service - both with our friendly staff and our exceptionally clean rooms. I am very proud to advise you that we will be one of the first Comfort Inn's to upgrade our rooms with the new Comfort Inn room design. Both our bedrooms and bathrooms will be completely renovated, beginning later this year. We are very excited about this upgrade, and would love to have you visit us again to see our new look. Please contact Rebecca or Brad at the hotel, and we can work out the details of your next stay.

Reviewed 16 January 2012

From the moment I walked in the door to the moment I checked out my stay at the Comfort Inn on Pleasant St. was so very pleasant!
The staff,especially Brian and Emmanuel, went out of their way to make me feel welcome and comfortable. And when the temperature dropped from a balmy 40° to a very frigid -2° after a messy snowstorm, the fireplace in the lobby was ablaze with a REAL wood fire that dried out my sneakers in minutes!
The hotel itself was clean, smelled fresh and well kept, and my room was spotless with a wonderful King size bed. One of the most comfortable mattresses I have ever slept on!
Service, value, comfort, convenient location (just a little less than 1/2 and hour from the Freeport outlets!!) and a fantastic staff!
Definitely will make this my "go to" hotel on my travels to Maine!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank michelelopresti

Dear "Felt Like Home,"

We are so glad you were comfortable during your stay with us. One of our favorite features is our fireplace, and we love to hear guests are enjoying it as well. Brian and Emmanuel were so pleased you remembered them; and we appreciate you taking the time to reward them for their hard work! We are excited to hear you will be visiting again, and look forward to seeing you!

PS - the mattresses are wicked comfy - so happy you rested well!

Reviewed 6 January 2012

Had the pleasure of capping off my travel year in Brunswick. Ranking this as a 5 based on having been to many Comfort Inns; the staff here is excellent. This hotel started out 22 years ago as part of Marriott, but apparently found the management of Comfort Inn to be more congenial. Some of the staff has been with the hotel since it was built, and perhaps that is what makes this property so successful. They take pride in doing good work, consistently. Their intention is to exceed the standards required by their management. Clean, quiet, pleasant, comfortable. A very good value and an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank VTyankee
Reviewed 1 January 2012

This hotel is clean and comfortable and offers basic standard rooms. Not fancy, but the lobby is well appointed and has the feel of an inn. The staff is very friendly. Breakfast items were fresh, hot and available on time. The housekeeping staff is very professional and thorough. Parking is plentiful and free.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank booktek
Reviewed 11 November 2011

comfort inn is a wonderful hotel bed are comfortable brad rebecca ali and manmning are wonderful people i would recomend this hotel to all

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Brian H
Reviewed 29 October 2011

This is a very comfortable place to stay. I've done so numerous times - whenever I'm in the area. As mentioned, the front facade is pleasant and not at all the motel-type. Same for the lobby. Rooms are standard but comfortable and clean. Parking is easy and appears to be safe. The staff have always been pleasant and friendly. At my last visit, about a week ago, I found that the breakfast area had been renovated and expanded, including the breakfast offerings. Not a big hotel breakfast buffet, but perfectly fine.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Firespotter2
Reviewed 26 October 2011

This hotel isn't fancy- just a clean and comfortable room at a reasonable rate and no issues. The building is new or very well taken care of. The staff was pleasant and professional. Perhaps it borders on trickery, but I liked the architecture of the hotel- the front entrance looks like a small B&B with the standard hotel wings hidden behind. My one minor complaint was that both of the hot breakfast options had meat in them, so nothing hot for this vegetarian. If I return to Brunswick, I'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Jeremy S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brunswick
Best Western Plus Brunswick Bath
#9 of 11 in Freeport
The Daniel
The Daniel
#1 of 11 in Brunswick

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!