“Perfectly happy with my stay here”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Brunswick
Reviewed 15 April 2014

During our recent college tour over spring break, we stayed here overnight. The room was decent sized and very clean & comfortable. From the front, the building looked like a large house as you cannot see all the rooms located behind it. The place is well maintained and everything seemed to work fine. The complementary breakfast was an added bonus. I was glad that there was a small exercise room with some machines - including a treadmill, after eating a good-sized dinner in town. I'd stay here again we're back in town.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Alex C
me025, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

Dear Alex C,

We are very happy to hear that you would choose to stay with us again when in the area! Our maintenance and housekeeping staff work very hard to ensure that the hotel runs smoothly and stays clean, and I will pass on to them that you noticed and appreciated their hard work. We hope that the college tour went well and that you will be staying in Brunswick more often in the future. We offer a Bowdoin visitor discount, be sure to ask for it when making future reservations!

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn

Reviewed 9 April 2014

My parents have been staying in the Comfort Inn a lot lately, due to my recent cancer diagosis. The staff has been amazingly friendly and helpful, and the rooms are always comfortable, clean, cheery and cozy, making it a great place to deal with all we have been going through. They have pillowtop beds with your choice of soft or firm pillows, and there's never a problem when you ask for anything. I never thought I would be comfortable in a hotel the night after an operation, but due to the pleasant staff and comfortable rooms, it really felt like coming back home and I slept like a baby. The lobby and dining room are also very attractive and inviting. I recommend this hotel highly...it's a winner! :)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
me025, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear eyesys

Thank you so much for all the kind things you had to say about your time at our Comfort Inn. We are very glad that we can be here for you while going through a difficult time, and help to make things a little easier. I will need to compliment our staff for their overall service as they seemed to be accommodating and friendly every step of the way. We really appreciate that you recommend our hotel so highly, that is a huge compliment, and we will always be your home away from home! We hope that your treatments continue to go well!

Take Care,

Reviewed 1 April 2014

We stayed here for one night but wish it was longer! The hotel was so pretty and the staff were so pleasant which was great after travelling for 15 hours! Our room was a little chilly when we arrived, but we turned heat on went out to eat, it was toasty when we came back. Breakfast was perfect for us and actually we found the make your own waffle station a really novelty.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
me025, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Dear EmmaSloan,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at our Comfort Inn. We are very glad that you found our hotel to be so comfortable and inviting and we wish that you could have stayed longer too! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed breakfast, especially the waffles. We realize that you probably do not come to Coastal Maine very often but we hope that the next time you visit you will choose to stay with us again!

Reviewed 20 January 2014

We have been very happy each time that we stayed here. We come thru about 3 times a year from Boston. Check in is fast and easy.
The staff has always been very kind and friendly rooms are ok but clean. Good location good price. Going back soon.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
me025, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear LARRY B,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It is great to know that you have stayed here multiple times and that each visit was pleasant. We do find that our consistency is appreciated by our repeat guests. From cleanliness to friendliness we try to make each stay comfortable at our inn. We look forward to hosting you again soon!

Jessie

Reviewed 3 January 2014

When we arrived, the property looked charming. It was beautifully decorated with Christmas lights inside and out. The staff were friendly and check in was a breeze. The room looks dated, although it was clean. For the price it was good. I found a note from the staff with two peppermint patties and two bottles of water. Our remote control was missing, the front desk staff brought a new one to the room rather quickly. At night, they had complimentary chicken soup in the crockpot, it was delicious especially on a cold December night. The only concern was the back doors and security, they are left open during the day, unlocked.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
me025, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Dear 246Trips,

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our Comfort Inn. We really enjoy putting up the lights and making the outside of the hotel, as well as the lobby, quite festive and inviting! I will pass along to the staff the nice things you had to say concerning your quick and easy check-in, the pleasant recognition of your Choice Privileges Membership with the water and mints, as well as the prompt service regarding the remote. We pride ourselves on our high standard of customer service and we are glad that you noticed this during your stay. This is only the second year that we have been doing the soup on the weekends in the winter, but it has been a huge hit with guests! The outside doors to the hotel are left open during the day, however this is simply as a convenience to our guests since the layout of the hotel is not conducive to just the front and back door being open. However we are looking into setting up “keyed” entry to those doors, where they will be locked at all times with the only access being a guest key. Thank you for taking the time to write this review, and we hope that when you return to the area and you will choose to stay with us again!

Reviewed 7 December 2013

My son and I were visiting the Brunswick area and stayed here two nights. A Comfort Inn is a Comfort Inn, so we did not have high expectations. The room was basic and small with a tiny (but clean) bathroom. Two double beds that were just OK. 32" TV was nice, but analog service only. WiFi worked very well. Interestingly, the "in room" heating/cooling unit was the quietest I have encountered, a big plus to me. Breakfast was included and I found it very good: scrambled and hard boiled eggs; sausage; do-it-yourself waffles; cereals; breads, bagels, & pastries; fruit; yogurt; juices and coffee. Convenient location off 295. Check-in was handled efficiently. The staff was very friendly and helpful. In all, very good value for the price (about $180 for the 2 days, taxes incl.). BOTTOM LINE: If you just want something basic with a good breakfast, definitely stay here.

Room Tip: It's on Route 1 which can be noisy. Ask for a room at the back of the hotel. We did and road n...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank BostonDriver
me025, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear BostonDriver,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our Comfort Inn while visiting the Brunswick area. We are glad to hear that you found the room clean and quiet (once you moved away from Route 1), and the staff to be friendly. Most of our guests, including yourself, enjoy the many items in our breakfast spread! We hope that you will stay with us again when in the area as it seems you liked our clean rooms, helpful staff, location, and price.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

I always find budget and mid-range chains and independent hotels the hardest to rate. You don't (or shouldn't) EXPECT a Motel 6 to be a Four Seasons, but if you give an "Excellent" rating to anything less than a full-service luxury property, someone will always fail to manage their expectations appropriately and quibble about the missing niceties. This Comfort Inn has a little more personal styling than most; it doesn't look like a giant concrete box. Inside, the corridors seem to go on forever, but my husband and I found our room comfortably furnished, with everything in good working order. The setting seems quiet enough, although we were woken up by a passing train early in the morning. I guess we have different ideas about what makes up a great breakfast buffet, as we found the coffee weak and the food selections all bland, but still, it was pretty much what we have come to EXPECT. I answered a Comfort Inn survey sent to me after our stay, filling it out with my honest opinion. I don't believe that I outright criticized anything, but I didn't give a 10-star rating to every area queried either. Following my reply, the property's general manager sent me an apology for not meeting or exceeding my expectations; Jessie Allen, don't worry - your Comfort Inn DID meet my expectations. Some things are a matter of personal taste, some things are unavoidable (like passing trains), and sometimes surveys are asking too much out of a roadside inn. I would be happy to return in the future under similar circumstances.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Tellurian
me025, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear Tellurian,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out this review as well. I really do appreciate your explanation regarding how you rate hotels, and it is nice to know that we did meet your expectations. At our Comfort Inn we pride ourselves on our customer service and overall cleanliness and we are glad that you noticed this effort. We understand that we don't have all the fancy amenities and full-service options of a Four Seasons hotel, but we really try to provide our guests with a well-rounded, comfortable, and inviting stay at our hotel. We also appreciated that you noticed that we are not a typical Comfort Inn in regards to appearance, and most people are genuinely impressed with our cozy New England style inn. We are glad to know that you would return to stay with us again.

When you do return I would suggest booking a room with a King bed, as those rooms have all recently been remodeled. We are currently in the process of remodeling our rooms with two Double beds as well, with all rooms scheduled to be renovated by the spring of 2015!

Jessie Allan

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brunswick
Best Western Plus Brunswick Bath
#1 of 11 in Brunswick
Quality Suites
Quality Suites
#9 of 11 in Freeport

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!