“a very clean and wonderful place to stay, a place i would repeat again.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Daniel

The Daniel
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Brunswick
Biddeford, Maine
“a very clean and wonderful place to stay, a place i would repeat again.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2011

to all the staff
we went as a group of 20 or more for dinner and the service and food was great. We stayed in the lounge to have drinks and to sit by the fire place, it was a lot of fun. Some of us stayed over night, what a beautiful place. to end our evening we relaxed in the hot tub.
The most important thing to me when I stay somewhere is clean and friendly and they where. I would recommend this place to anyone.

Tim & Rose Morin

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Manhattan, Kansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2011

The hotel looks quite nice from outside, but sadly, that was all I got to see a couple of weeks ago when I tried to stop after a very long day of driving, only to find the building locked up and completely empty! I tried multiple doors and drove around the outside, but every one was locked and there wasn't a single car in the parking lot.

I don't understand how a hotel that touts itself as being a first class establishment can justify locking it's doors and going home if no one checks in by midnight. (Which is what the polite woman told me they did when I called the next afternoon.) And personally, I would be hesitant to leave such a large, well appointed property unsecured all night.

Frustrated, I drove down the road to the very sub-par Knight's Inn. But at least they were open... Even if the desk clerk was a weird hippy moon child lady.

That said, the reviews are good on here, so maybe I'll try it next time I'm in town, but my schedule is usually eclectic at best and I never know what town I'll be in - especially if I have to book it before they close.

Room Tip: Book ahead! They close early.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank InkfishWriter
Worcester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2011

My wife and I stayed here recently for a weekend getaway, and there was absolutely nothing short of perfect about our time there. The staff was wonderful and always accommodating, the facilities were impeccable, the restaurant was sublime (I can't believe how inexpensive the dining was for how wonderful of a product they served). The bedroom was comfortable, and the clawfoot soaking tub didn't disappoint at all! This was the perfect weekend getaway, bar none.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2011

We visited Brunswick , MAine to watch our son compete in his college league swim meet. We were delighted with the room, amenities, nice towels, comfortable beds and friendly service. The price was reasonable for the comfort. They have a well quipped workout room.
Delicious fresh baked cookies in the afternoon.
Two of the evenings, the chef/restaurant prepared a delicious and complete banquet dinner for approx 60 very hungry swimmers and their folks.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Sabattus, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2011

I got ready at the Captain Daniel for my wedding day. The staff was excellent and the room was clean and beautiful. We also took all of our bridal party pictures in the lobby, on the grand staircase, and in front of the stone fireplace. My large bridal party pretty much took over the lobby (on a very busy night, it was new years eve) and they didn't complain at all! We were able to take beautiful pictures. My husband and I also stayed the night of the wedding and our room was perfect... the staff even put flowers, rose petals, candles and wine in our room. Very romantic. Thank you to everyone for making our day so special!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Frankfort, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2011

What a great find...my guy and I went on a convertible-riding vacation from our home in Indiana to Maine...We stayed on the ocean in different cities...but found that overall...we liked this Inn the best. Great Value!!!

What we were most impressed with, however, was our dinner the second night we stayed. At No. 10 Water Street Restaurant, we could not decide what to have for dinner...so Mark walked over the the open kitchen to get the chef's recommendations...he then proceeded to give suggestions, but then opened up with the question..."Would you like to enjoy a Four-Course Dinner, and have it paired with wine??? Yes...Yes...and More Yes....and the Evening was the Most Memorable. :)

Thank You!!!

Mark and Heather of Indiana

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Brunswick, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2010

This is a relatively new restaurant to compliment the Brunswick dining experiences. We have visited a half a dozen times and have not been impressed by the dedication the chef is taking to 'get it right' . The menu is always changing but they listen to customers requests. The layout varied depending on you mood lounge, fireside, out on the enclosed deck. It's spread out enough so you're not on top of the next table - very comfortable. Love the new colors and the open kitchen.
Make sure to save room for dessert!
We will be trying out the brunch today and we like breakfast foods for brunch!

comfortable

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brunswick
The Brunswick Hotel and Tavern
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,267 reviews
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#6 of 11 in Brunswick

Been to The Daniel? Share your experiences!