“Lovely and quaint.”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Brunswick
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Lovely and quaint.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

Such a beautiful little spot to stay at. Friendly staff, gorgeous rooms and very qiet and peaceful stay. We slept all night with our windows and door open of our balcony to smell the salty air of the coast. A really nice place to vacation to!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Port Jefferson NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012

The Captain Daniel Stone Inn was the perfect choice for me, traveling alone, on a family mission in Maine. The circumstances of my visit were difficult, but having a clean, comfortable and calm place to go each night made the difficulty more bearable. Yummy cookies, good breakfast, luxurious roomy space with impeccably clean linens and first rate bathing products supplied much appreciated luxury, easing away the strain of the long drive, the sadness of the circumstances and the great fatigue and stress of the whole trip. The women who worked at the desk were very helpful with turn by turn directions and tidbits of local knowledge. I was able to get where I had to go, do what I had to do and then renew myself for the next day in a serene environment. I know I will return when I will be freer to take advantage of hotel amenites like the exercise room, hot tub room and the restaurant. And the weekly music in the Tavern! This is a great choice...

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank ginnyPortJeffersonNY
hospitalitymanager, Guest Relations Manager at The Daniel, responded to this review, 6 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review the inn. We greatly appreciate your wonderful comments. We are sorry to hear that the circumstances of your visit were difficult. We hope that your next visit to Maine will be much easier.
We look forward to you staying with us in the future.

Baring, Maine, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Inn for my birthday. We stayed in a King room and it was beautiful. We even booked the hot tub room and were able to enjoy the room all to ourselves. We also went to the lounge and enjoyed some drinks. The singer was wonderful. She wished me a happy birthday and asked if we had any requests. She sang a romantic song and my hubby and I had a very romantic dance. They had a wonderful selection of wines and I even bought a bottle to take home. The only thing that could use improvement is the continental breakfast. It was set up in the lobby and there were no tables and chairs to sit at and they didn't have any trays to take our breakfast to our rooms. We had to make two trips. But overall the stay was fantastic. The staff was wonderful. I will be staying there again.

Room Tip: Call ahead and book time in the hot tub room.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Alice O
hospitalitymanager, Guest Relations Manager at The Daniel, responded to this review, 8 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review the inn. We are so pleased to hear that you chose to celebrate your birthday with us. We think that Katie Dagget always puts on a great performance and are glad that you agree.
During continental breakfast we do offer seating in the tavern as well as the lobby. I do apologize that you were not aware that was an option.
Thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you again in the future!
Providence, RI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

We were leaving a ski trip at Sunday River and needed somewhere to stay in Maine. Had originally planned on staying near Ebenezer's Pub, but learned they were closed the night we wanted to go. So we tried in Brunswick near the Lion's Pride. My wife found this place and got a great gov't employee rate that saved us a ton of money. Upon arriving, we discovered the hotel to be quite swanky and more than worth what we actually paid. It seemed to have just gone through some renovations. The spa wasn't open yet, but they had a gorgeous hot tub (we used it and it was fabulous) and sauna and a nice fitness center. The staff were all super friendly and helpful. The room was clean, comfortable, and perfect (though a little on the small side, but this is an old place, so it was to be expected). They had a free continental breakfast that was far better than your average continental breakfast - small containers of cereal, including some good healthy options (Kashi, for example), tasty breads, bagels, English muffins, etc. We didn't eat in the restaurant or drink at the bar, but the bar looked really nice and they had some good beers on tap. If I find myself up this way again, I will definitely be staying here.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank RunawayJimPVD
Thank you for taking the time to review the inn. We are pleased to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your stay and had the time to enjoy the hot tub and sauna. We hope to see you again in the future and appreciate your feedback.

Bangor
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2011

As I walked into the lobby I was immediately taken in by the warmth of this beautiful quaint Inn. The gal at the desk was so kind and welcoming as though I had just come home from a long journey. She was polite and not overbearing. She gave me enough information without overwhelming me with too much for me to take in as my eyes continued to wander and draw in every detail of my surroundings. My eyes followed the long staircase to the overlooking balcony. I swear this is a sight from the great movies of the past. It reminded me of something like the Sound of Music. The colors were warm and all I could think of was this is a prefect setting for a family portrait.
As I followed the brick walk way to the canopy covered entrance I couldn’t wait to see my room. The hall to my room was not the standard hotel/inn wall paper of never ending over done details. Everything was tastefully decorated and the pillars along the way just made me feel like I was in a beautiful home.
As I entered my room, the lights softly lit all my thoughts of work just went by the wayside. I dropped my bags and just lay across the bed for a good hour. No noise, no music, no TV on. I looked all around and I was taken back to my child hood where our home was filled with so much warmth and comfort. There wasn’t this cold empty feeling I get from most places I’ve stayed. For some reason it wasn’t just a room to sleep in. Once I sat on the sofa perfectly placed by the picture window I was brought back to my modern life. I started to text and tell my friends how sweet and quaint this Inn was. I tried to work but felt too relaxed to focus. I realized the next morning as I made my coffee in those beautiful old style serious sized coffee mugs that I never even turned the tv on. Most hotels or Inns I stay in I automatically turn the tv on get my belongings in place for me to find them quick but I looked around the room and there lay my bags on the floor from the night before. Did I seriously loose myself as I entered my room the night before? My only regret was I never made it to the restaurant. I read their incredible menu and their offerings for the holidays which sounded enticing. It was time to leave and like my childhood home I have felt like I’m being called back to return. I hope anyone who has the opportunity to stay at this Inn, will upon entering just take the time to take in its warmth and comfort and hopefully it’ll take a way the hectic life you have and leave it outside the door so you too can feel Captain Daniel Stone calling you back after your stay.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank seriouslynow
hospitalitymanager, Guest Relations Manager at The Daniel, responded to this review, 29 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our Inn. It is a goal of ours to make every guest feel at home when they stay with us. It is wonderful to know that this was accomplished for you! We hope to have you stay with us again in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2011

The Captain Daniel Stone Inn was a great place to stay on our vacation! Great facility with friendly staff and beautiful dining room and bar... Perfect location in Brunswick!

• Stayed December 2011
3 Thank FishingVermilion
hospitalitymanager, Guest Relations Manager at The Daniel, responded to this review, 27 January 2012
We are glad that you chose to stay with us and are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for taking the time to review our inn. We hope to see you again in the future.

Nashville, TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2011

The Captain Daniel Stone Inn is a lovely, elegant hotel in beautiful mid-coast Maine. We spent our anniversary here on a trip to coastal Maine. I only wish we had spent more time at the inn and in the beautiful area.

After a gorgeous, sunny day sightseeing on the coast, we arrived to the serene oasis of the Captain Daniel Stone Inn. Everyone we encountered, from check in, to evening tea/coffee, to breakfast, to checkout was accommodating and cheerful. They make their guests feel special.

Our queen bed room was just lovely -- both beautiful and tranquil. The multi-million dollar renovation of this hotel is evident in every space from room and bath, to hallway, lobby, staircase, restaurant, and fitness room.

The complimentary breakfast is served in the spacious restaurant. Quiche, fruit, pastries, and cereals are offered with assistance from a server who will heat anything you want and bring it to your table. The offerings are not expansive, but you'll not leave hungry. In spite of the grand surroundings, guests feel comfortable enough to talk and share their tips and experiences of Maine travel.

Captain Daniel Stone Inn is by far the most elegant Choice Hotel that we've ever experienced. We enjoyed every minute of our stay.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank RetiredTravelerTN
hospitalitymanager, Guest Relations Manager at The Daniel, responded to this review, 30 November 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our inn on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to make each guest experience memorable. We hope that you will be able to celebrate another anniversary with us in the future.
Guest Services Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brunswick
The Brunswick Hotel and Tavern
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,283 reviews
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#6 of 11 in Brunswick

Been to The Daniel? Share your experiences!