“Delicious food but not given breakfast choices”
Review of Hartstone Inn

Hartstone Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Hartstone Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 49 Restaurants in Camden
Price range: US$9 - US$48
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Washington St. and Free St.
Description: Butter poached Maine lobster over angel hair, Pistachio Crusted Lamb chops, Seared Diver Scallops and Grilled Salmon Nicoise are just a sample of what diners might experience at the Hartstone Inn. Steps from Camden harbor, Fodor's considers the Hartstone Inn "An elegant and sophisticated retreat and culinary destination offering a unique experience in pampered luxury." Choose from our ala carte menu which rotates weekly or our 5-course tasting menu ($48.50). With advanced notice we are happy to accommodate allergies or dislikes and create a menu especially for you. Our cellar list offers a selection of 150 bottles, starting at $24, and lauded by Wine Specatator. Proud recipient of the AAA Four Diamond Award and the American Culinary Federation Achievement of Excellence award.
New England
“Delicious food but not given breakfast choices”
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Inn for two nights and enjoyed two breakfasts and one dinner. The breakfasts were good but we thought it was odd we were not given any choices. As I believe another reviewer mentioned, there is a conveyor belt feel (dinner too) and due to the speed and presentation, it seems all or most of the food is prepared ahead of time. I felt the meals and staff lacked a personal touch. But, almost everything I ate was very delicious. Sauces that made me want to lick the plate, they were so good. Breakfasts started with a very heavy "dessert" (rice pudding and a strawberry shortcake) and I would have preferred a lighter fresh fruit cup. I believe guests should always be given dining options. Homemade afternoon cookies were very good. Overall, you can tell there is a very talented chef cooking at the Inn.

Acton, Massachusetts
“Great Dinner in a Great Inn”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We've stayed and eaten at the Hartstone Inn twice now - once in February of 2013 and recently in April of 2014 and have really enjoyed it - the food, the people, the setting all make it a memorable experience. For dinner we've had the five course chef's tasting menu both times and it's inventive, wonderful presentation and excellent food. The service is attentive, friendly and always willing to answer questions but you never fell rushed.

• Visited April 2014
Camden, Maine, United States
“Romantic gourmet dinner”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

It was great to keep running into you during my various visits down to the Mingei recently and I loved having our impromptu lunch.
I will be down on April 24th one last time to see the show and to attend the associated lecture and event that night. Perhaps you will be able to attend?
I am excited and relieved to report that there is a chance that Margalit Monroe of International Arts & Artists will want to travel the Sonabai show to museums throughout the States! That would be such a good thing. I met Margalit through Christine Knoke and she has expressed strong interest in the possibility. They have a planning committee meeting in a couple of weeks and she would be making the proposal to the others at that time. Please keep your fingers crossed.
Margalit states that the proposal will be greatly enhanced by the inclusion of several strong letters of recommendation from those who responded positively to it at the Mingei. Would you be willing to write such a letter and send it to me by the beginning of next week? I would so greatly appreciate it.
I am also writing separately to Rob, Cathy, Rena, Carolyn O-T and Carol Hindrichs to ask for similar letters. If there is anyone else that you can think of who particularly responded to the show and would be impressive inclusion with these letters, please let me know. Can you think of anyone from one of the other institutions in San Diego who particularly responded to the show and might recommend it? If so, please let me know how to contact him or her.

You could mail it to my address in Ojai: 4460 Reeves Road, Ojai, CA 93023.

thanks so much.

fondly,

Steve

• Visited December 2013
Camden
“A gem in the heart of town!”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This is a very special place owned and run by a very special couple. The food is wonderful, the service elegant....the perfect place for a celebratory evening....or a non-celebratory evening for that matter. My husband and I recommend it without reservation!

• Visited February 2014
Bangor, Maine
“A culinary tour de force!”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I celebrated our 10th Anniversary with an elegant, romantic and utterly delicious dinner at the Hartstone Inn. We decided to try the Chef's tasting menu and were blown away! The food was divine! The presentation was outstanding! It was so much more than food; it was an experience!