“Small but beautiful”

Camden Hills State Park
Ranked #2 of 33 things to do in Camden
More attraction details
Owner description: Thirty miles of hiking trails keep the staunchest hiker trekking along.
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Views were incredible! Walking down to the water was lovely experience with great view of the water!

1  Thank Nora C
There are newer reviews for Camden Hills State Park

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Lots and lots of hiking trails, and if you're there in late summer, you'll find tons of blueberries!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Hiked the Bald Mountain trail of Camden. It was a very nice trail and well marked. The side trail that we took was rather steep but very doable. The views from up on top are breathtaking. Once you are up there you are so happy that you made the trip. I hope to be able to explore the other trails in the future.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I drove up the auto road just in time to catch a beautiful sunset. I visited this summit on the same day I was on Cadillac Mountain, so that probably taints my opinion. I wish I had had the time to hike to this summit, but I only had a half hour before the gates closed. There is a beautiful view of Penobscot Bay and the town of Camden.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

The hike from the parking lot to the tower on Mount Battie takes about an hour--it's pretty continuously uphill but is manageable. Make sure to get a leaflet with map to ensure you're on the right trail since there are many options. The only slight disappointment is that while you labor up the hills, cars are zipping by up to the top, often within earshot and eye view of hikers, so it ruins the mood a bit (especially since you need to cross the road at one point). My family and I prefer those hikes where the final vista point is reachable only on foot.

The view is definitely rewarding from the top.