“Very Enjoyable”
Review of High Tide Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Camden
High Tide Inn
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Camden
Ashburnham, Massachusetts
“Very Enjoyable”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

My husband and I really enjoyed our 2 night stay in one of the ocean view efficiency cottages. As soon as we walked in we fell in love with the cottage. It was decorated in a cozy cottage style with a few vintage accents and had clean quality fabrics on the window curtains, bedspreads , even the shower curtain. They provide a delicious basket of freshly baked pop-overs and hot blueberry muffins and coffee and juice each morning on the veranda which has stunning ocean views. We loved the kitchenette, it helped to cook in and to save money so we could afford shopping and other attractions in town. It was a pleasure meeting the owner she was very pleasant and a gracious host to all. We highly recommend it.

Room Tip: The cottages are private.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank P-PBishop

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Framingham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 17 August 2014

My teenaged daughter and I enjoyed out stay at the High Tide Inn. I would recommend a second floor room in the Oceanfront Motel unit. Through thick fog, torrential downpour and brilliant sunshine, the view from our room was lovely. It was delightful hearing the waves crash against the shore every morning and evening, especially during the thunderstorm! The rooms were clean and cheery, and the adjoining sleeping room was perfect for my teenaged daughter.

Jo is a generous host and was eager to make our stay comfortable. She was happy to give us recommendations of places to eat and things to do in the area. Her homemade popovers and fruit muffins were delicious and the porch with its ocean view was a nice place to have a relaxing breakfast. The property is lovely, and Jo has made it welcoming with scattered lounge chairs and umbrella tables.

Only a couple of suggestions - The road from the main inn to the Oceanfront units is rutted and uneven. We would have liked an ice machine in the building. Please tell guests that there is no smoking near or in the buildings when they check in!

Room Tip: If you want to see and hear the ocean, choose an upstairs room in the Oceanfront unit.
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We have been staying here for a number of years on our annual visit to Maine. We stay in several rooms that are very unique. Our favorite is a cottage with a view of the water. Aother favorite is a room with a deck tucked under a big tree with a view of the water. The place always has a great feeling about it. The inn sits near the top of a long sloping lawn with a view of the ocean. The inn keeper is always in a lovely mood and has lovely staff. The pop overs and muffins are super (we think it's the best muffin in Maine). The rooms are decorated in a charming fashion and are spotless. I look forward to next years visit!

Room Tip: I love cottage 6. I also like the room with a deck attached to the main inn. And the room in the mai...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tj but
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 11 August 2014

People seem to love this place, but it just wasn't something that I liked. Our cabin was very rustic/out of date/ junky. I had asked when I was reserving it if it had air conditioning. I was told it did, but in fact it did not. I would never have booked a place that did not have AC. Only half the windows opened. The beach is down a steep set of stairs. It is rocky with no benches to sit on. The breakfast muffins and pop overs are delicious. They arrive hot out of the oven so sometimes there was quite a wait before you got yours. They serve OJ, coffee, tea and slices of watermelon. Not a very good breakfast considering we paid $175 a night. I think that they should at least provide yogurt and cereal. Most people like a little protein in the morning.

Anderson, South Carolina
Reviewed 5 August 2014

No surprises,second stay in two years.always clean room ,breakfast is great served on the porch..Jo and her staff are always friendly and will share their thoughts about things to do and places to have dinner or lunch..wonderful to sit on the lawn and enjoy the view.

Monroe, Louisiana
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Our only unplanned day in Maine led us to Camden. We found the High Tide Inn randomly. At first glance from the highway we were not impressed, HOWEVER, after driving into the driveway the impression quickly changed! Very nice place to stay, very quiet, has a BEACH. Overall, very impressed!

Stilesville, Indiana
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We had an incredible stay at the High Tide Inn. It was just what we were looking for. Charming atmosphere, clean accommodations and views that were beyond compare. We stayed in the deck house and found it very well appointed. The complimentary morning breakfast has left me with a craving for popovers. Which I highly recommend. I can think of no better way to start the day than indulging in delicious home baked goodies served on a quaint porch served by a delightful host.

Room Tip: there were 4 females in our group. We chose the deck house to have the full kitchen option. As we lo...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Camden
16 Bay View
#7 of 10 in Camden
Grand Harbor Inn
Grand Harbor Inn
#1 of 10 in Camden

Been to High Tide Inn? Share your experiences!