“The Perfect B&B”

Ranked #1 of 19 Camden B&B and Inns
Kansas City, MO
“The Perfect B&B”
Reviewed 28 June 2005

I have stayed in approximately 40 B&B's (including Europe) and Camden Maine Stay is the best B&B I've had the pleasure to visit. It has an amazing one acre garden and the attention to detail throughout the interior and exterior of the property is a delight to uncover. Bob and Juanita are the most gracious hosts. They recommended the best place for lobster (Bayview Lobster Shack) and scenic drives. The breakfast on the sunporch was pure pleasure with a 10 rating on the quiche. It was light and delicious. Juanita provided the recipe and I've already tried it twice. It's heavenly.

I rarely revisit the same B&B (too many places to see) but I am definitely going to visit Camden, Maine and the Camden Maine Stay B&B again.

7 Thank JoyceKansasCity

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Frisco, Texas
Reviewed 15 June 2005

Can't say enough about the beauty of the Camden Maine Stay experience for my wife & I this past 3-day weekend. Bob & Juanita Topper (inn-keeper owners) are very kind and humorous, a pleasure to be around, and very helpful on suggested activities for the area.

The property was outstanding! The 1802 historical building was quaint and magical, yet didn't show it's age. Everything in our Dogwood room was simply perfect. The 1 acre garden in the back was stunning! 3-feet tall tulips and beautiful wildflowers with a pretty paths that I walked each morning with my coffee.

Going in June, we were ahead of the summer crowds, but still experienced beautiful weather. Some of our activities in and around the Camden area: We did a schooner sail on the Heron out of Rockport Harbor (a couple miles south). We had fabulous lobster feast in Port Clyde at the Dip Net, a colorful and character-filled 1-room dock restaurant with friendly staff. I jogged between Camden and Rockport in the morning mist past beautiful harbor views, homes, and picture-perfect farm. We also enjoyed a late night meal at Cappy's downtown.

We had never been to Maine, but loved it. We also went to the Lobster Shack on the tip of Cape Elizabeth overlooking the rocky seashore, saw various lighthouses, and drove through Acadia National Park.

Wonderful trip and the Camden Maine Stay is a wonderful place to stay. They're not part of Select Registry and Distinguished Inns of New England by luck. A great place.

• Stayed June 2005
5 Thank sneddy
Reviewed 21 April 2005

My boyfriend and I had one of our best vacation getaways at the Maine Stay Inn. The Maine Stay is a charming bed and breakfast that’s kept in pristine and immaculate condition. Innkeepers, Juanita and Bob, are so warm and hospitable that they felt like family to us. Both were knowledgeable and informative with their suggestions on where to hike, bike, sail and dine. And each day Juanita prepares the most delicious gourmet breakfasts (yum!)

The Maine Stay is, by far, our bed and breakfast of choice ― thanks Juanita and Bob and we’ll see you again real soon!

• Stayed August 2005
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 March 2005

My wife and I have stayed at the Camden Maine Stay Inn for many years, and have thoroughly enjoyed every visit. We always plan our next visit with great anticipation. The Toppers (owners) are wonderful hosts, warm and friendly, and are ready with any need or request, but without being "in your face". The breakfasts are superb, the inn is immaculate and the rooms are cozy and well appointed.

We have recommended the inn to a number of friends over the years, and will continue to do so. The value received in terms of comfort and relaxation is well worth the reasonable room rates. Just a great B&B to use as home base while staying in the Camden area.

Reviewed 7 March 2005

I have traveled extensively through the United States and Europe and the Maine Stay is absolutely one of the most special places I have stayed. One of the things that makes it so very special are the inn keepers themselves. Bob and Juanita are just the nicest kind of people, making you feel warm and welcome from the moment you arrive.
I had the pleasure of staying in the Christian Topper Suite, which has a separate sitting room with a gas fireplace. The room was just lovely and immaculately clean, they really pay attention to details. Looking out over the snow covered grounds while relaxing by the fire was the perfect end to a wonderful day of enjoying the picturesque town of Camden.
I wasn't that familiar with Camden and Bob and Juanita were so wonderful about suggesting things to do. We shared coffee, which is always available, and a chat in the kitchen. You can tell they really enjoy what they do. I love to dine out and they knew exactly where to send me for a good meal. Juanita is an amazing cook herself, the breakfasts at the inn are leisurely and delicious!
I'm looking forward to my next trip to Camden, and I couldn't imagine staying anywhere else.
K. Kapitan

• Stayed December 2004
Reviewed 22 February 2005

This B&B is the nicest place I've been to in a long time. The rooms had an old world charm with the modern amenities you look for in AAA hotels. The owners made a special effort to make you feel welcome, offering special treats (homemade cookies etc) when you least expect them. Breakfast was delicious, and all amenities were fisrt class. I intend to be there again in the near future and will bring friends and family to share this enjoyable experience.

North Conway, NH
Reviewed 16 February 2005

For a delightful visit to postcard-worthy Camden, ME, try the Maine Stay where you will be welcomed with utmost hospitality and warmth. The owners themselves, with true caring and concern for their guests, compliment in every way the inn itself which is beautifully and tastefully restored and maintained. A charming home away from home, with ambience galore and traditional panache! Within easy walking distance of Camden's lovely shops and numerous restaurants, the guest can park upon arrival and accomplish much adventuring on foot. We have visited and stayed with the Toppers on many occasions, most recently this winter, and look forward to our next visit this spring.

9 Thank drsnow