“Maine Adventure”

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Camden
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Maine Adventure”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The hotel is in a perfect location, only two blocks from one of the prettiest towns you will see in Maine. The owners are super friendly and helpful and really care about the quality of your stay. The rooms are not fancy or upscale but they are very nicely appointed, very clean and well maintaned. Don't leave without trying Janes zucinni bread.

Room Tip: try to get a room at the end of the motel
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Boont
Reviewed 31 August 2013

My husband and I stayed on night at the Towne Motel. Rick and Jane were so friendly, helpful and welcoming. The room was spacious and clean, The price was affordable. A 2 block walk to downtown Camden. In the morning, Jane had baked blueberry muffins and peach crisp. Which were both delicious. Along withe coffee, tea or juice. When we told Jane we were going on the schooner tour she packed us a couple of muffins to take on the tour with us. That was so sweet! I would recommend this place and would stay here again if in the area.
Thank you, Rick and Jane for a great stay.

1 Thank Mich B
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 31 August 2013

This motel has clean, comfortable, and spacious rooms and is a good value. I did blow the electrical fuse while using my own hair dryer because I hadn't been told that I couldn't dry my hair with my own dryer and run the air conditioning at the same time. I was then told that the motel has hair dryers that are much easier on their electrical system. You can check them out at the front desk. :) It's not that I wouldn't stay at the motel again though, I just don't have any interest in ever returning to Camden. My Maine trip included many other exciting places where I would have rather spent my time.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 August 2013

This little motel was sweet. Not fancy but not expensive, extremely clean, comfortable, quaint, friendly folks, just nothing bad to say. It is about a 5 minute walk into town so the location is perfect. And the price was reasonable for in season on a busy weekend.

Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed for one night with our 2 children. The location was perfect, within walking distance to the shops and restaurants in Camden. The owners, Rick and Jane, were incredibly friendly, and went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. We asked to borrow a wine key, and she asked how many wine glasses we would like as well. If we return to Camden, we will be sure to stay at the Towne Motel.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank TimandJenn
Reviewed 27 August 2013

As part of our East Coast roadtrip this year (2013) we planned a few nights in Camden - but not knowing much about the area. We booked directly with the motel - and it was superb from that moment on. From arriving, to leaving we thoroughly enjoyed the hospitality and accommodation provided by the owners - they are extremely welcoming, the accommodation very comfortable and the homely homemade breakfast experience was lovely. If you are looking for somewhere to stay in this area - I wholeheartedly recommend the Towne Motel. (great coffee and oats, too!)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Grand Haven, Michigan
Reviewed 26 August 2013

My wife and I spent two nights here and I'm happy we did. The owners, Rick and Jane, are very friendly and accommodating. Rick showed us to our room (more on that in a bit) and the breakfast Jane puts out in the morning is wonderful. She was there to greet us, and her homemade blueberry muffins are to die for. The breakfast area inside is small, encouraging you to converse with other guests in this quaint motel. We chose to eat outside at a small table, enjoying the fresh air and sunshine both days.
The only drawback to the Towne Motel is it's location. It's located directly on Highway 1, a very busy thoroughfare, thus suffering from quite a bit of traffic noise, particularly the trucks that are driving through. Our room was in the original part of the inn at the front of the motel, looking out on this road. We would have preferred to sleep with the windows open for the abundant fresh air, but instead chose to keep them closed and run the air conditioner to cover the noise. I think this could easily be remedied if you can get a room near the back of the motel.
The room itself was clean, bright and fresh and had all the basic amenities one would expect. Our queen bed was comfortable, albeit a bit on the small side.
With the exception of the busy road, the location is excellent. An easy 5-7 minute walk down the hill brings you to downtown Camden, a small quintessential coastal town. The beautiful harbor offers a wonderful park, several restaurants and lots of shops to browse in.
When we planned our New England trip my goal was to use only B and B's and "ma and pa" type local motels. I wouldn't have done it any other way, and the Towne Motel was one of the highlights.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the back, away from the road.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Camden
Camden Riverhouse Hotel and Inns
The Country Inn at Camden / Rockport
Schooner Bay Motor Inn
Schooner Bay Motor Inn
#8 of 10 in Rockport

Been to The Towne Motel? Share your experiences!