“Worth a Trip!”

40 Paper
Ranked #22 of 51 Restaurants in Camden
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Cuisines: European, Italian, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located in the century-old Knox Mill, our bistro is situated on top of the Megunticook River, just between the two waterfalls. At Brevetto, our modern Italian bistro cuisine is designed to pair perfectly with our extensive– and almost exclusively Italian– wine list. Brevetto is Italian for “patent,” and throughout the restaurant you will find turn-of-the-century schematics of wine presses and odd, out-dated food machines. In stark contrast to the complicated workings of a “salami washing machine,” our menu is simple and straightforward. We feature a large menu with a range of grilled pizzas, Italian pastas, and a variety of entrées. In addition to our extensive wine list, we also have a full bar with artisan draft beers and liquors. Enjoy your dinner in our inviting dining room, or on our waterfront deck. Relax with an obscure Italian red wine at our bar, or an extra-dry gin martini on the leather sofa. Brevetto has some of the best of both worlds, right in downtown Camden.
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Happy hour at 40 paper is where I start my nights. They have great deals on drinks and the food is awesome! The environment is laid back and casual, its nice in the summer time to sit out on the patio and observe what Camden Maine has to offer!

Reviewed 31 January 2014

I find the food here to be the best I've had anywhere. Each dish is a taste explosion. Also, love the cozy community atmosphere. Additionally-- gluten free options are TOP NOTCH. My only complaint is that it is a bit pricey, but I love the place so much that I am willing to pay. Plus, you can find some deals like their happy hour. I think this defines what fine dining is and community bar all in one place.

Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

My fiancee and I went there for dinner. The food was very good. I had the sweet potato pizza and it was excellent. The ambiance was relax and cozy. Service was very good.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

Came here on a slow night having heard good things. Our waiter seemed indifferent; drinks were surprisingly slow in coming, and then in the midst of our drinks, our waiter began pouring our wine - have never seen this before anywhere. Not impressed.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

I don't know why I keep getting suckered into going here, because each and every time I go whether for dinner or drinks, I am always disappointed. The food is not bad, but it is somewhat pricey for what you get. My major malfunction with the place is the utter disdain that the bartenders and servers have for the customers. There is a consensus between me and my friends that this place has the worst service in the area. I thought it was just me but it turns out that my friends do not enjoy being ignored repeatedly at the not so busy bar. I guess the unsuspecting and Camden's ever growing crowd of twenty-something hipster wannabes will have to be 40 Paper's patrons from now on. I can find a better place to be ignored while I sit for a half hour with an empty drink.

1  Thank checkersthecat