I have traveled to numerous hotels, inns, and resorts over my numerous years........(I'm over 60) and have never experienced the luxury, cleanliness and service provided at this Inn. I wanted to take my husband on a surprise get away. I chose a three night mini vacation during the 'off season' making this extremely affordable. The Inn is located in the picturesque town of Camden, Maine, overlooking it's harbor. A complimentary breakfast is included in the cost of the rooms. Also, each room has it's own private balcony, most including table and chairs.
I called ahead of time to request a room overlooking the harbor, and spoke to a very polite and experienced young man. He gave me the e-mail address of the inns manager, (Eric), and encouraged me to write him. I received a welcome note the next day, stating that we were being relocated directly overlooking the harbor. On top of that, we were given numerous extras; complimentary turn town service, chocolates, wine and two long stem roses, rose petals on our bed and floor as well as complimentary free upgrade, if available. Though the upgrade was not available, there was a hand written letter waiting for us on the desk along with a plate of candy. I can't imagine anything better than what we had, as our room was already a suite; living room, large bedroom with king size bed with luxurious bedding, a fireplace that could be seen from either the living room or bedroom. The marble bathroom had two sinks, a deep soaking whirlpool tub as well as a separate marble shower with numerous shower heads and other luxuries; extra large towels, heated floor, all the toiletries one could hope for and more. Go to their site and view their ad....www.grandharborinn.com. Though the site is well put together with many pictures, it does not do the Inn or the employees justice. If I had to rate this experience, I would give it an A+++++++
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the beauty of Camden Harbor from the luxurious comfort of your waterfront suite at the Grand Harbor Inn, Camden’s newest and only luxury, waterfront boutique Inn. Recently awarded the coveted and prestigious AAA Four Diamond Rating, the Grand Harbor Inn’s enviable waterfront location, overlooking the marina of yachts and local fishing boats, provides the perfect haven for that needed escape or romantic getaway. Located at Bay View Landing, the Grand Harbor Inn is surrounded by a vibrant mix of unique shops, fine dining, and exciting schooner and kayak tours.The Grand Harbor Inn features several waterfront rooms and suites, offering guests unparalleled views of Camden Harbor and the islands of Penobscot Bay. Each guest room and suite is exquisitely well appointed with private balconies, gas fireplaces, Jacuzzi tubs and separate marble and glass enclosed rain showers, high definition 37” LCD TV’s, high speed wireless internet, luxurious bed and bath linens, and so much more!The interior style of the Grand Harbor Inn is inspired by Tuscan Villas, evoking a rustic, old-world, warm and elegant feel combined with all the contemporary comforts and amenities that today's guests expect. The exterior is Coastal Cottage, shingle-style architecture, blending perfectly with the historic waterfront buildings on Camden Harbor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotel.de, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Grand Harbor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Harbor Hotel Camden
- Grand Harbor Inn Camden, Maine