“Best experience ever”

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Camden
Amesbury, Massachusetts
“Best experience ever”
Reviewed 28 April 2011

I have traveled to numerous hotels, inns, and resorts over my numerous years........(I'm over 60) and have never experienced the luxury, cleanliness and service provided at this Inn. I wanted to take my husband on a surprise get away. I chose a three night mini vacation during the 'off season' making this extremely affordable. The Inn is located in the picturesque town of Camden, Maine, overlooking it's harbor. A complimentary breakfast is included in the cost of the rooms. Also, each room has it's own private balcony, most including table and chairs.
I called ahead of time to request a room overlooking the harbor, and spoke to a very polite and experienced young man. He gave me the e-mail address of the inns manager, (Eric), and encouraged me to write him. I received a welcome note the next day, stating that we were being relocated directly overlooking the harbor. On top of that, we were given numerous extras; complimentary turn town service, chocolates, wine and two long stem roses, rose petals on our bed and floor as well as complimentary free upgrade, if available. Though the upgrade was not available, there was a hand written letter waiting for us on the desk along with a plate of candy. I can't imagine anything better than what we had, as our room was already a suite; living room, large bedroom with king size bed with luxurious bedding, a fireplace that could be seen from either the living room or bedroom. The marble bathroom had two sinks, a deep soaking whirlpool tub as well as a separate marble shower with numerous shower heads and other luxuries; extra large towels, heated floor, all the toiletries one could hope for and more. Go to their site and view their ad....www.grandharborinn.com. Though the site is well put together with many pictures, it does not do the Inn or the employees justice. If I had to rate this experience, I would give it an A+++++++

2 Thank Jehodgkins

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Connecticut
Reviewed 28 April 2011

I have no complaints about our stay at Grand Harbor. My wife felt a weekend getaway was called for and she emailed me at work with the site to the hotel so I agreed and she booked the room. Later that day as I checked out the site I noticed the breakfast in room feature and was unsure if I would like that being a big breakfast kind of guy. I was so wrong!! The staff does a wonderful job with the tray they bring to your room and it's nice to just sit and look out while enjoying coffee, fruit, yogurt, cereal and muffin. We went early in the season so we could not utilize the balcony but plan to return to do just that. The room itself was really very nice....top notch and the gas fireplace made it cozy. Staff was the best ...professional, friendly and helpful. We will return soon and often.

Boston
Reviewed 25 April 2011

The Grand Harbor Inn was an incredible stay. This is a hotel that people will walk by and see people on the balconies and want to stay there, end up going to the website, try to find a room and realize its sold out. We traveled in a non peak period and were lucky to have stayed here. Good luck in the summer finding a room, this 7 room wonder will be full from memorial day to labor day. Also a nice little treat was the Blu Ray player in the room was connected to the internet, I was able to access my netflix account and further our entertainment options. The views of the harbor are great, and nothing was cooler than having breakfast brought up to be enjoyed on the balcony.

Searsmont
Reviewed 18 April 2011

I stayed at the inn Christmas eve and the following days. The views are absolutely magnificent, and the accommodations were phenomenal! The room itself was out of this world, with beautiful decor and comfortable furnishings. It was my pleasure and an honor to stay at such a classy place. The best part of the stay was the staff! They were magnificent throughout the entire stay. Erick Anderson may just be the greatest asset to the Inn, as he was the most gracious and helpful manger I have ever experienced. Him and his staff went above and beyond their scope of service throughout my entire time spent there to ensure top quality. Thank you all for the great memories Grande Harbor Inn! I will be back!

-D.L.E

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Colchester, CT
Reviewed 18 April 2011

My wife and I have been to many, many beautiful hotels and resorts over the years, but this room was by far.... our favorite. As always, we read reviews prior to travel, and there is always someone who will complain about something. But really, upon arrival we loved it - How could you not? The Inn and rooms are new, spotless, and filled with the best amenities you will find anywhere. The bed was the most comfortable we have ever been in, and the sheets and pillows will make you not want to leave that room. Trust me! The gas fireplace is a huge bonus, because you can sleep with the patio doors open a bit and listen to the harbor below you - even in April. It felt like we were sleeping on a boat, when actually we were tucked under the perfect sheets and quilt. Hot tub, check... Amazing shower, check. Location, location, location, check. If you can make it here and do not mind quiet relaxing comfort, you will not be disappointed - I guarantee it!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 4, great view. Ask for rooms1-5
Allentown, PA
Reviewed 25 February 2011

My husband and I visited last August and paid $384.00 per night for a water view suite. You had to stand and look left to see the water. The direct view was of a parking lot and a restaurant. When seated, the view was completely obstructed by the balcony enclosure and the flower boxes.

As noted in previous reviews, the Inn has no public spaces (not even a lobby restroom) and no restaurant. The continental breakfast consisted of a muffin, yogurt, granola, juice and coffee; we did not get to choose anything (type of muffin, flavor of yogurt) except the time of delivery. The lack of parking was an issue.

We spent eleven nights at four different hotels, inns, and bed and breakfasts in Maine. The Grand Harbor Inn was the most expensive and the most disappointing. Camden is a lovely and charming little town with many lodging options. I personally would not return to the Grand Harbor Inn.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
7 Thank AllentownPATraveler
InnsManager, General Manager at Grand Harbor Inn, responded to this review, 15 March 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Inn. We appreciate guest feedback and are always looking for ways to improve the quality of our accommodations for our current and prospective guests.

It saddens us to hear that certain aspects of your stay did not live up to your expectations. We do differentiate between rooms that have the most exceptional views of Camden’s harbor (our waterfront suites and guestrooms) from our grand suites and guestrooms that are set further back from the water’s edge. We try to make this as clear as possible on our website with photographs of the views from each room type, as well as training our guest representatives to describe the rooms accurately over the phone.

Since we are a small, intimate property, we do not have a restaurant on site, but rather offer guests a light fare in-suite breakfast. Camden is blessed with an abundance of fine-dining options just steps from the Grand Harbor Inn. Our concierge guest representatives are always eager to recommend their favorite restaurants and assist guests with making dining reservations during their stay.

You mentioned parking being an issue; I would love to find out further information regarding this challenge as we offer executive on-site parking within footsteps from our front door.

We are truly saddened to hear of your disappointing experience with us, and we would love the opportunity to discuss your stay further if you wish. Please feel free to contact us at your convenience at (877)553-6997. We hope to have a chance to serve you better on your next trip to the Mid-Coast area.

Erick Anderson
Wiscasset, Maine
Reviewed 26 January 2011

My huband and I made a reservation for one night knowing that we would be pleased, we frequent "The Lord Camden Inn", their sister property, but decided to upgrade a little. I could not beleive my eyes when I entered the suite. It was much more than I ever imagined. I could not stop smiling as I wondered through. The bathroom was to die for. Heated tile floors, jet shower, jacuizzi tub, a blower as you exit the shower to dry you off.....
A heavenly bed, fireplace, flat screen TV, beautifully furnished, Keurig coffee maker ......
AND breakfast DELIVERED to your room! Nothing like breakfast in bed!!!
The manager on duty, Gary was very receptive when we arrived . He was very informative about all the ammenities in our suite.
Having said this, we could not depart and decided to stay another night! Wish it could have been more but work got in the way.
I never bothered to look at a review until I went to write on shortly after our stay but had to wait a bit after I read one, I was afraid of what I may say in regard to it.
CAMDEN is a small quaint town with a 2 lane road, there is no traffic noise in the evening. There is NOT a bar that stays open late into the evening. Parking is not a problem off season but It does get busy during tourist season but that's part of the charm and beauty of Camden. If you are staying at the Inn during that time there is no problem with driving to the entrace of the Inn, unloading your belongings, parking and then leisurely walk back to check in. That's why you come to Camden, to walk and explore.
I lived in Camden many years ago and now I vist it as much as I can and I will not hesitate to choose the GRAND HARBOR INN again!!!!!!r

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank katarina58
Also consider these accommodations in or near Camden
16 Bay View
Samoset Resort On The Ocean
Camden Maine Stay Inn
Camden Maine Stay Inn
#1 of 19 in Camden

Been to Grand Harbor Inn? Share your experiences!