My wife and I have been to Camden Maine previously and this is the first time we have stayed there. The Grand Harbor Inn is 2 years old and located on the harbor within close walking distance to the main street, area shops and restaurants, residential areas and churches as well as the opera house.
Each of the rooms is a gem. Ours (#9) was a small apartment with a king size bed with flat screen TV, a sitting area with fireplace, a separate sitting area in the turret with a flat screen tV and small "kitchen area" with microwave, refrigerator, sink and coffee maker. The balcony off the turret had a small table and chairs and afforded a view of the harbor. There was a sink just outside of the bathroom which, itself, had double sinks, a jacuzzi tub and a fantastic glass-enclosed shower. Finishings and fixtures were high end.
This is a small suite-only hotel that is impeccably maintained. The small staff is friendly, courteous and eager to provide the services that make one feel pampered. A wonderful breakfast (choice of juice, choice of fruit, granola, yogurt, muffins and coffee), which was included, was served in our room each morning.
A bed was provided for our Japanese Chin, Chloe, who also enjoyed the stay. The staff even offered to walk her. There is a small daily surcharge for pets.
The hotel is more expensive that some of the other local hotels and is well worth it. There is no charge for parking which is located on the wharf at the hotel. We look forward to staying there the next time we are in Camden.
There are numerous restaurants just steps from the hotel. We had a great meal at Atlantica and the best clam chowder at Cappy's.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the beauty of Camden Harbor from the luxurious comfort of your waterfront suite at the Grand Harbor Inn, Camden’s newest and only luxury, waterfront boutique Inn. Recently awarded the coveted and prestigious AAA Four Diamond Rating, the Grand Harbor Inn’s enviable waterfront location, overlooking the marina of yachts and local fishing boats, provides the perfect haven for that needed escape or romantic getaway. Located at Bay View Landing, the Grand Harbor Inn is surrounded by a vibrant mix of unique shops, fine dining, and exciting schooner and kayak tours.The Grand Harbor Inn features several waterfront rooms and suites, offering guests unparalleled views of Camden Harbor and the islands of Penobscot Bay. Each guest room and suite is exquisitely well appointed with private balconies, gas fireplaces, Jacuzzi tubs and separate marble and glass enclosed rain showers, high definition 37” LCD TV’s, high speed wireless internet, luxurious bed and bath linens, and so much more!The interior style of the Grand Harbor Inn is inspired by Tuscan Villas, evoking a rustic, old-world, warm and elegant feel combined with all the contemporary comforts and amenities that today's guests expect. The exterior is Coastal Cottage, shingle-style architecture, blending perfectly with the historic waterfront buildings on Camden Harbor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Odigeo so you can book your Grand Harbor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Harbor Hotel Camden
- Grand Harbor Inn Camden, Maine