“One of the best hotels we have ever stayed in and pet-friendly too!”
Review of Grand Harbor Inn

Grand Harbor Inn
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Camden
Reviewed 10 May 2011

My wife and I have been to Camden Maine previously and this is the first time we have stayed there. The Grand Harbor Inn is 2 years old and located on the harbor within close walking distance to the main street, area shops and restaurants, residential areas and churches as well as the opera house.

Each of the rooms is a gem. Ours (#9) was a small apartment with a king size bed with flat screen TV, a sitting area with fireplace, a separate sitting area in the turret with a flat screen tV and small "kitchen area" with microwave, refrigerator, sink and coffee maker. The balcony off the turret had a small table and chairs and afforded a view of the harbor. There was a sink just outside of the bathroom which, itself, had double sinks, a jacuzzi tub and a fantastic glass-enclosed shower. Finishings and fixtures were high end.

This is a small suite-only hotel that is impeccably maintained. The small staff is friendly, courteous and eager to provide the services that make one feel pampered. A wonderful breakfast (choice of juice, choice of fruit, granola, yogurt, muffins and coffee), which was included, was served in our room each morning.

A bed was provided for our Japanese Chin, Chloe, who also enjoyed the stay. The staff even offered to walk her. There is a small daily surcharge for pets.

The hotel is more expensive that some of the other local hotels and is well worth it. There is no charge for parking which is located on the wharf at the hotel. We look forward to staying there the next time we are in Camden.

There are numerous restaurants just steps from the hotel. We had a great meal at Atlantica and the best clam chowder at Cappy's.

Room Tip: Check out the web site and then call the hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank borgelt239

Reviewed 1 May 2011

We spent one night there celebrating my wife's birthday. The suite was elegant, two big rooms with a gas fireplace between them. This was preseason so it was very quiet and the scenery was wonderful. Attached is a lobster restuarant with really great food. The room was extremely clean and comfortable with a bathroom which included a jacuzzi and a shower with spray around heads. You cannot go wrong with choosing this place to impress you wife on here birthday.

Room Tip: Get the room on front left, great view.
Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MeGuide
Reviewed 28 April 2011

I have traveled to numerous hotels, inns, and resorts over my numerous years........(I'm over 60) and have never experienced the luxury, cleanliness and service provided at this Inn. I wanted to take my husband on a surprise get away. I chose a three night mini vacation during the 'off season' making this extremely affordable. The Inn is located in the picturesque town of Camden, Maine, overlooking it's harbor. A complimentary breakfast is included in the cost of the rooms. Also, each room has it's own private balcony, most including table and chairs.
I called ahead of time to request a room overlooking the harbor, and spoke to a very polite and experienced young man. He gave me the e-mail address of the inns manager, (Eric), and encouraged me to write him. I received a welcome note the next day, stating that we were being relocated directly overlooking the harbor. On top of that, we were given numerous extras; complimentary turn town service, chocolates, wine and two long stem roses, rose petals on our bed and floor as well as complimentary free upgrade, if available. Though the upgrade was not available, there was a hand written letter waiting for us on the desk along with a plate of candy. I can't imagine anything better than what we had, as our room was already a suite; living room, large bedroom with king size bed with luxurious bedding, a fireplace that could be seen from either the living room or bedroom. The marble bathroom had two sinks, a deep soaking whirlpool tub as well as a separate marble shower with numerous shower heads and other luxuries; extra large towels, heated floor, all the toiletries one could hope for and more. Go to their site and view their ad....www.grandharborinn.com. Though the site is well put together with many pictures, it does not do the Inn or the employees justice. If I had to rate this experience, I would give it an A+++++++

2  Thank Jehodgkins
Reviewed 28 April 2011

I have no complaints about our stay at Grand Harbor. My wife felt a weekend getaway was called for and she emailed me at work with the site to the hotel so I agreed and she booked the room. Later that day as I checked out the site I noticed the breakfast in room feature and was unsure if I would like that being a big breakfast kind of guy. I was so wrong!! The staff does a wonderful job with the tray they bring to your room and it's nice to just sit and look out while enjoying coffee, fruit, yogurt, cereal and muffin. We went early in the season so we could not utilize the balcony but plan to return to do just that. The room itself was really very nice....top notch and the gas fireplace made it cozy. Staff was the best ...professional, friendly and helpful. We will return soon and often.

Reviewed 25 April 2011

The Grand Harbor Inn was an incredible stay. This is a hotel that people will walk by and see people on the balconies and want to stay there, end up going to the website, try to find a room and realize its sold out. We traveled in a non peak period and were lucky to have stayed here. Good luck in the summer finding a room, this 7 room wonder will be full from memorial day to labor day. Also a nice little treat was the Blu Ray player in the room was connected to the internet, I was able to access my netflix account and further our entertainment options. The views of the harbor are great, and nothing was cooler than having breakfast brought up to be enjoyed on the balcony.

Reviewed 18 April 2011

I stayed at the inn Christmas eve and the following days. The views are absolutely magnificent, and the accommodations were phenomenal! The room itself was out of this world, with beautiful decor and comfortable furnishings. It was my pleasure and an honor to stay at such a classy place. The best part of the stay was the staff! They were magnificent throughout the entire stay. Erick Anderson may just be the greatest asset to the Inn, as he was the most gracious and helpful manger I have ever experienced. Him and his staff went above and beyond their scope of service throughout my entire time spent there to ensure top quality. Thank you all for the great memories Grande Harbor Inn! I will be back!

-D.L.E

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2011

My wife and I have been to many, many beautiful hotels and resorts over the years, but this room was by far.... our favorite. As always, we read reviews prior to travel, and there is always someone who will complain about something. But really, upon arrival we loved it - How could you not? The Inn and rooms are new, spotless, and filled with the best amenities you will find anywhere. The bed was the most comfortable we have ever been in, and the sheets and pillows will make you not want to leave that room. Trust me! The gas fireplace is a huge bonus, because you can sleep with the patio doors open a bit and listen to the harbor below you - even in April. It felt like we were sleeping on a boat, when actually we were tucked under the perfect sheets and quilt. Hot tub, check... Amazing shower, check. Location, location, location, check. If you can make it here and do not mind quiet relaxing comfort, you will not be disappointed - I guarantee it!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 4, great view. Ask for rooms1-5
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Camden
0 mi away
Rockland Harbor Hotel
Rockland Harbor Hotel
#1 of 3 in Rockland
Samoset Resort On The Ocean

Been to Grand Harbor Inn? Share your experiences!