I have stayed at many of the local upscale hotels in the Camden area and decided to try out the relatively new Grand Harbor Inn. For location it cannot be beat, with beautiful views of the harbor and centrally located to all shopping and restaurants in the area. The room was very tastefully furnished and the bed very comfortable. It is a small venue (only about 6 or so rooms I beleive), so that makes it also very private. The people working there are very nice and extremely attentive to your needs, questions, etc.
The Grand Harbor Inn is on the very upper price tier for hotel rooms, thus there comes an expectation level and comparison with similarily priced hotels/inns. A couple of quirks or tweeks needed, again given the price level. First I arrived and no where to park even though it says reserved parking for guest. I had to park elsewhere and then move my car later when shoppers/restaurant patrons finally left. Second, I could hear through the room walls the conversations of the people in the adjacent rooms - as in could hear the whole conversation. For this level of hotel there should be more sound proofiing in the walls. Third, the HVAC unit is one that kicks on and off to maintain the temperature, versus always running. For me, this type of system wakes me up a lot as it kicks on then goes quiet. Finally, there is an incredible shower system in the bathroom but he wate is set to not exceed 100 degrees. So you have warm showers that are about 10-15 degrees too cool. Upon mentioning this at check out, they said there is an safety override button somewhere on the system that allows hotter showers. I suggested that they print this in the bathrooms as I looked for such a override but could not find it.
Overall, great location, well-appointed rooms, unmatched harbor views, and they try very hard to address your needs. But is very expensive so they need to address these little issues that their competitors don't have.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the beauty of Camden Harbor from the luxurious comfort of your waterfront suite at the Grand Harbor Inn, Camden’s newest and only luxury, waterfront boutique Inn. Recently awarded the coveted and prestigious AAA Four Diamond Rating, the Grand Harbor Inn’s enviable waterfront location, overlooking the marina of yachts and local fishing boats, provides the perfect haven for that needed escape or romantic getaway. Located at Bay View Landing, the Grand Harbor Inn is surrounded by a vibrant mix of unique shops, fine dining, and exciting schooner and kayak tours.The Grand Harbor Inn features several waterfront rooms and suites, offering guests unparalleled views of Camden Harbor and the islands of Penobscot Bay. Each guest room and suite is exquisitely well appointed with private balconies, gas fireplaces, Jacuzzi tubs and separate marble and glass enclosed rain showers, high definition 37” LCD TV’s, high speed wireless internet, luxurious bed and bath linens, and so much more!The interior style of the Grand Harbor Inn is inspired by Tuscan Villas, evoking a rustic, old-world, warm and elegant feel combined with all the contemporary comforts and amenities that today's guests expect. The exterior is Coastal Cottage, shingle-style architecture, blending perfectly with the historic waterfront buildings on Camden Harbor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Priceline, Booking.com and HRS so you can book your Grand Harbor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Harbor Hotel Camden
- Grand Harbor Inn Camden, Maine