Our children gave us a night at the Grand Harbor as a present, and we went the third week of September, which was the earliest time we could be guaranteed a waterfront room when we called. The weather proved to be spectacular, which greatly enhanced our lovely view of the harbor and our ramblings round town.
The room and bath were lovely, robes were comfy and the staff was friendly and knowledgeable. I would agree with other writers that if you have any choice at all, you should either try to reserve a waterfront room for your $400+ a night or choose another date..
At the request of the desk clerk, Deb, we had handed in our gift certificate when we arrived. She was also very helpful in giving us directions as to parking and what was where in Camden. When it came time to check out, however, Deb was not available, and there was no record of the gift certificate so we were billed full price for the room. It was only after fifteen or twenty minutes of searching and phoning and explaining on my part that a record of the gift certificate was found and we received a refund on our credit card for the amount billed to us. A total waste of our time on a beautiful morning, and the cause of not a little irritation on my part, this sequence of events were not at all the kind of service and efficiency one would expect from a hotel of this caliber.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the beauty of Camden Harbor from the luxurious comfort of your waterfront suite at the Grand Harbor Inn, Camden’s newest and only luxury, waterfront boutique Inn. Recently awarded the coveted and prestigious AAA Four Diamond Rating, the Grand Harbor Inn’s enviable waterfront location, overlooking the marina of yachts and local fishing boats, provides the perfect haven for that needed escape or romantic getaway. Located at Bay View Landing, the Grand Harbor Inn is surrounded by a vibrant mix of unique shops, fine dining, and exciting schooner and kayak tours.The Grand Harbor Inn features several waterfront rooms and suites, offering guests unparalleled views of Camden Harbor and the islands of Penobscot Bay. Each guest room and suite is exquisitely well appointed with private balconies, gas fireplaces, Jacuzzi tubs and separate marble and glass enclosed rain showers, high definition 37” LCD TV’s, high speed wireless internet, luxurious bed and bath linens, and so much more!The interior style of the Grand Harbor Inn is inspired by Tuscan Villas, evoking a rustic, old-world, warm and elegant feel combined with all the contemporary comforts and amenities that today's guests expect. The exterior is Coastal Cottage, shingle-style architecture, blending perfectly with the historic waterfront buildings on Camden Harbor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Harbor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Harbor Hotel Camden
- Grand Harbor Inn Camden, Maine