We took a few day mini vaca to Camden where we have never been. The Grand Harbor Inn is one of the best places we have ever stayed in; period! The staff is a delight and could not have been more helpful. The suites are well designed without overdoing it. The bathroom was exceptional. From the glorious towels and robes to the Jacuzzi and walk in shower, no touch was not considered..even a heated floor!
The complimentary "continental" breakfast is served in your room as part of the service. It came with carafes of juice and coffee, a huge piece of quiche for each of us, delicious granola in yogurt with fresh fruit, and a pastry that was just fabulous. Enough for us to make it to dinner without lunch. In the room, there is also a Keurig coffee maker with K cups for free and a couple of biscotti..a nice touch.
The staff is amazing. Nicole and Jennifer were the two staff we met. It is a small Inn, so the desk staff multitasks. Nicole checked us in and helped with the luggage and gave us a tour of the room and as a Camden native, was full of helpful info. Jennifer was there in the evening and offered advice on the free DVD library at our disposal, good restaurant tips, and she does the turn down service. When we returned to our room, the curtains were shut, two pieces of chocolate on the very comfortable bed, and wind chimes coming from the Bose alarm clock made it a very relaxing atmosphere.
I am partially disabled and use a walker or trekking poles, no access issues at all. Lots of space to maneuver the walker in the room and the walk in shower had one grab bar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the beauty of Camden Harbor from the luxurious comfort of your waterfront suite at the Grand Harbor Inn, Camden’s newest and only luxury, waterfront boutique Inn. Recently awarded the coveted and prestigious AAA Four Diamond Rating, the Grand Harbor Inn’s enviable waterfront location, overlooking the marina of yachts and local fishing boats, provides the perfect haven for that needed escape or romantic getaway. Located at Bay View Landing, the Grand Harbor Inn is surrounded by a vibrant mix of unique shops, fine dining, and exciting schooner and kayak tours.The Grand Harbor Inn features several waterfront rooms and suites, offering guests unparalleled views of Camden Harbor and the islands of Penobscot Bay. Each guest room and suite is exquisitely well appointed with private balconies, gas fireplaces, Jacuzzi tubs and separate marble and glass enclosed rain showers, high definition 37” LCD TV’s, high speed wireless internet, luxurious bed and bath linens, and so much more!The interior style of the Grand Harbor Inn is inspired by Tuscan Villas, evoking a rustic, old-world, warm and elegant feel combined with all the contemporary comforts and amenities that today's guests expect. The exterior is Coastal Cottage, shingle-style architecture, blending perfectly with the historic waterfront buildings on Camden Harbor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and HRS so you can book your Grand Harbor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Harbor Hotel Camden
- Grand Harbor Inn Camden, Maine