“Glad we stopped in”

Ranked #1 of 50 Restaurants in Camden
Price range: US$12 - US$32
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Please Check Our Website For More Accurate Menu Samples And Hours Of Operation! Thank You!
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My wife and I were walking around Camden trying to decide where to eat. We'd heard about Fresh with its emphasis on locally sourced, fresh ingredients and decided to give it a try. We were glad we did. We were able to sit outside, which was nice. I had the panzanella and it was fantastic. I would order it again. My wife had the crab bisque and crab cakes. She said both were superb. There was a lounge singer who provided a nice, soft background to our meal. Our waiter was very friendly and knowledgeable about the food, which is always a plus when one is trying a new restaurant.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Two of us liked our dinner, and two of us didn't. There was a fish dish with crab and mashed potatoes that was pretty good--albeit a bit rich--and a hummus and tsatsiki appetizer followed by mussels that was quite good. The falafel/veggie burger dinners were less enjoyable. The strangest thing, however, was that we didn't feel exactly welcome. Admittedly, we did get to the restaurant a little on the late side (between 8:30 and 8:45 PM), but we left wondering why they even seated us. They seemed terribly preoccupied with closing up--more than with serving us and ensuring we were happy with our meals and drinks.

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We had a relaxing, elegant brunch with delicious food. They were so nice and on top of things, music and ambiance was amazing, made us all, including the kids have a good time. Also, the kids were super happy with their food and cute cups they gave them.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I was really glad we had made reservations as Fresh was very busy when we arrived, but our waitress was prompt and delivered water, menus and a listing of the night's specials quickly and efficiently. My daughter and I are vegetarians and it is difficult to find a restaurant with more than one option - Fresh has several and they are all amazing. We split the risotto, panzanella and wontons and my husband had the tuna. Everything was bursting with flavor and the risotto was some of the best I have ever had. The coconut ice cream was the perfect ending to a wonderful meal. The waitress was attentive without hovering and although it was packed inside and out it was quiet enough to have easy conversation. I can't remember a better meal in Maine. My only kvetch would be that the portions were on the small side but better small and incredibly good than large and bland!

2  Thank Julie D
Reviewed 25 July 2014

If you are in or near Camden, ME, you must try this new restaurant! First of all, the food is excellent and uniquely integrates Eastern European as well as middle eastern influences. We started with the falafel made with quinoa. Outstanding! For entrees, my husband had chicken pot pie that was made without the fattening crust and topped with kale perfectly roasted. I had the lobster ravioli that was amazing- lots of fresh vegetables and a sweet and savory sauce. The service was excellent and the ambiance is elegant, casual and open...so great watching this fabulous chef do his thing!

1  Thank Andrea S