“A wonderful visit to beautiful Camden”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Norumbega Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Camden
Norumbega Inn
Ranked #10 of 19 Camden B&B and Inns
l.a.
“A wonderful visit to beautiful Camden”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

My partner and I truly enjoyed our stay. The hosts and staff were exceptionally friendly and accommodating. We really enjoyed the delicious breakfast and loved the historic character of the inn and community. Highly recommended for anyone looking for a memorable stay on the coastline of Maine.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms feature private balconies overlooking the water.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank minicity

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Framingham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Sue, Phil and Linda were great! Very welcoming, felt like we were part of a fun family with the comfortable banter every time we ventured out to the common areas. I'm going to talk about the incredible food later. (still dreaming or is it drooling about it). We were in the room named Arundel on the lower floor for 2 nights, with a private patio surrounded by wildflowers and rolling green lawn and Gazebos. The bathroom was huge with a giant jetted tub and cool arches of exposed brick and stone. The king size bed was so comfortable and the four posts nearly reached the incredibly high ceiling. We decided to extend our stay and Susan was very accomodating in meeting our last minute request. We moved upstairs to the Warwick room and enjoyed the view of the bay. There was a telescope in the bay window that my husband seemed glued to. The claw foot tub brought back memories of my childhood. The shower water pressure in both rooms was strong and great temperature control. Now on to the FOOD! Oh My! Phil is an incredible chef. Every morning was a delight. We also attended two of his tasting menu dinners. He takes into account your preferences and does an incredible job of shopping for the freshest local ingredients for an epic epicurial adventure. Please take a look at my Pictures attached to see for yourself. I can't wait to return for another visit!

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms have ocean views, but Arundel has private patio and a huge jetted tub in giant bathro...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Suki123
Hartford, CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We booked the Norumbega for two nights to start our honeymoon and we are glad we did! The hotel itself is beautiful structure based on various castles the original loved while traveling through Europe. The communal areas were well decorated and inviting to sit down and read a book. The porches overlook the grounds. Our room, the Balmoral, had a gorgeous view of the the water.

Sue & Linda and the rest of the staff were warm and friendly. Fresh coffee and cookies on all the floorsThey suggested restaurants they we went too both nights and were more than pleased with them. We did not have a chance to have dinner at the Inn, however, breakfast both days by Phil was fantastic. I would recommend this Inn to anyone coming to the Camden area!

1 Thank BWex
Bath, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Our stay at Norumbega 2 weeks ago was amazing! Phil, Sue & Linda made us feel welcome and comfortable. The castle is grand from the moment you drive up, and each of the rooms charming. I could wander through it for hours admiring the details, or just curl up by the fireplace or on the deck with a book and be completely content.

Phil's breakfast was nothing less than phenomenal. Sue & Phil were able to accommodate our schedule, making sure that we did not miss out on the B & B experience. The cookie & coffee availability at all times is a nice touch, as is the wine that can be enjoyed while relaxing in the sitting areas inside or out.

Looking forward to our next stay in early September, when we hope to experience Phil's 5 course gourmet dinner. A Camden experience not to be missed.

1 Thank ColsmithCRNA
Vail, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Last minute booking that was the best decision I made.

It is not often a stay imprints your heart with warm memories.
Maine is imprinted on my soul, this Hotel I would recommend to only those looking to be drawn back again and again.
Stayed all over the world at 100's of 5 star resorts, this place is magical.
Truly a castle, charming rooms, but the best surprise is the food.
The Chef Phil was farm to table before farm to table, growing up in in Scotland. Teaching the finest Chef's in the country at both CIA locations Hyde Park and Napa. His new adventure in life gives you a Culinary experience like no other.
Your lucky to find him personally making you dinner at his home at Norumbega Inn.
If you stay do not miss the Chef's tasting dinner, breakfast or book a special occasion in house.
You can drive off the property and miss the best experience of the Hotel.
Ratings will lead you elsewhere , this Chef was doing what they are doing before most Chef's were born. Some are excellent but this tops it by far.

Drop one small hint of your personality at breakfast and you will find it on your dinner plate.
The staff listens to every clue to make your stay special. Both dinners were personal and invoked my palate personally to the core. The hint of my grandma growing rhubarb as a child found its way to dessert in a strawberry rhubarb crisp. Every course comes with perfect detail
and truly lit a flame in the fact that we often miss doing what we truly are passionate about.

Schooled as a chef, not CIA, this place reminded me of why I wanted to be a chef. Renewed my passion and reminded how important those small touches are.

This Chef will capture your heart with your palate don't stray off course and miss this experience. Hotel can book private events such as an Anniversary dinner even without a hotel stay and I highly recommend if your looking for that special place for that special event this is it.
I would book my daughter's wedding here in a second....if any of them were getting married :)

Don't miss the Shortbread cookies on every floor, Blueberry Lavender Bliss. If your there during my stay there probably will not be any left!

The 3rd floor offers a room with it's own Romeo and Juliet balcony upon arrival I could picture it like a scene from a movie. The entire 4th floor is a suite to its self.
The new back decking allows every guest to enjoy
breathless views.
We stayed on the bottom floor the room had a wonderful patio of its own with access to the gardens, exposed brick and rock and a huge tub. Bathroom was enormous and the room was totally private.

There are a lot of great places to stay in Camden, but this place again is a magical Castle.
I would choose it again and again.

Room Tip: Tell Sue one of the owner's what your looking for view or privacy, all can be accommodated.
2 Thank Connie V
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

We traveled to Camden to surprise my brother for his birthday. I had wanted to stay at Norumbega since I was a child, but had never even been inside - and for this trip we had the added bonus of being able to have an amazing gourmet 5 course birthday dinner by Chef Phil Crispo, and delicious breakfast as well. The inn is charming, Sue is a marvelous hostess and gave us a great tour, and we enjoyed a late evening with wine by the fire on a cold November night.

Room Tip: We stayed in Balmoral with a great view of the Bay - however, the Library Suite which we saw during...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Westport, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed at the Norumbega Inn last week for a couple of nights and I felt like royalty, yet so much at home. The Inn is a castle with 11 rooms. All rooms are charming. Breakfast is fit for a king, made by Phil, a gourmet chef (former chef and instructor at Culinary Institute).
We also had the 5 course tasting menu for dinner at the inn one evening. One course was better than the prior one.
Sue, her sister Linda & Phil were absolutely charming and made the guests feel like family.
I highly recommend the Norumbega and will definitely return.

Room Tip: All the rooms I saw were wonderful and had views of the water. Even though inn is on Route 1, very...