“The innkeeper becomes your best friend”
Review of A Little Dream

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Camden
A Little Dream
Ranked #13 of 19 Camden B&B and Inns
“The innkeeper becomes your best friend”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I agree with all of the positive reviews for this charming bed and breakfast in Camden, Maine. JoAnne and her husband, Billy, the innkeepers, do everything, from housekeeping to gardening to preparing breakfast to providing information about where to go in the area. They have been doing this for 25 years and are masters. The inn is about a 20-minute walk to the center of town. The rooms are extremely comfortable and well equipped, including robes for guests. I didn't get to see all of the rooms, but we were extremely happy in the Loft. Many have views of the ocean.The gardens are lovely with seating on the hillside overlooking the harbor.

I liked the fact that you could choose what time to eat breakfast, ranging from 8:00 to 9:30. The menu alternates between sweet and savory. We stayed for five days and they tried not to repeat the menu, much though I wouldn't have minded if they did. Billy is the chef, and everything he prepared was wonderful and beautifully presented.

JoAnne works hard to ensure that her guests have everything they need. She knows the area well and is eager to share information about her "secret" spots to visit. She is pleased that many guests return repeatedly. Over the years, they have become her friends. My husband and I hope to return to Camden so that we can stay at A Little Dream again.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 43josie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Dedham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 18 June 2013

After an unintended absence, we recently had the pleasure and privilege of returning to our favorite B&B in beautiful Camden, Maine, that absolutely lives up to its name in every way.
We were thrilled to stay in the " Isle Watch", master suite, located in the carriage house, with gorgeous furnishings and lovely terrace with a breathtaking view of the Camden harbor. We have now stayed here eight times and each experience has been unique, relaxing, and replete with charm.
There is no detail that is not thought out and catered to exceed the whims and desires of the most discriminating guests. Every guest room is enchanting and the common areas are meant to soothe the soul, with gorgeous settings, along with a wide assortment of fine art books, while listening to soft classical music. Sherry, biscotti and chocolates are available for the pleasure of the guests.
What a pleasure to sleep on luxurious sheets and rap ourselves in soft bath robes. Not to be forgotten are the lovely gardens, with two arbors welcoming the weary traveler.
Our charming hostess, JoAnn greeted us as old friends, all of anxious to share news of our families. She is a designer, who never skips a beat with her master hospitality, with her stories, knowledge, art of conversation,keen sense of style and attention to every detail. She creates a memorable experience with her elegant table settings, great music,and impeccable service. Husband, Bill, ( sculptor and magnificent chef ) works behind the scenes ( also know as "invisible Bill" ) is quite omni-present with his sumptuous breakfast creations. What a team! A real "Renaissance" couple who have amazing respect for beauty, understanding the "art of living", and the quest for creating joy! They leave you longing to return to this Victorian cottage "DREAM"!

Room Tip: all rooms are wonderful, you can go wrong with any of them
Manchester, ME
Reviewed 30 May 2013

We enjoyed a relaxing weekend at the Little Dream. Imagine having everything you ever wanted in a B&B and then add to it. You can tell that no detail is left undone at this Inn. Joanne was a great hostess and although we never met her husband he put his touch on our stay with his wonderful breakfasts. I would recommend this In to anyone traveling to Camden, ME and I assure you we will be back there as soon as we get the opportunity.

1 Thank Mark Y
Easthampton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Imagine a place where you have never been, but yet when you arrive you feel totally comfortable and fully relaxed and immersed in beauty everywhere. Envision a Victorian/Maine style inn sitting on a sloping, beautifully manicured flower garden dotted by stone stairways and walls with a view of the ocean and nearby islands. Then meet your hosts Joanne and Bill the real treasures here. They welcome you with true caring and attentiveness to your every need. Instantly you feel like you are visiting long time friends who had moved away and together are planning adventures in a new setting. Joanne somehow intuitively knows your likes and interests (possibly due to the time she takes getting to know you when talking to you over the phone to prepare everything for your arrival) and she outlines many activities and sights for your choosing including some favorite special little spots of her own. Your accommodations are superior in comfort and spectacular in beauty and taste. You will find a room wonderfully decorated with a large window seat, covered porch with ocean views, fireplace, telescope, cordials, chocolates, sitting area, and a bathroom with large tub and shower and the most wonderful collection of lotions and scents. In the evening a breakfast menu is left at your door for you mornings selection. The breakfasts are truly sensational and served on a gorgeously sunlit porch. Poached pear, omletts with brie, crepes and scottish oatmeal along with fresh fruit, muffins and juice are just some of Bill's delicious preparations. Now you are well fortified to start your day on whichever Camden adventure you choose. "A Little Dream" is a dream that Joanne and Bill have turned into a reality for all their guests. We cannot wait to return again and again to realize this "Little Dream " that Joanne and bill have created and continue to nurture. Thank you both!!!!

Room Tip: Carriage house rooms are absolutely spectacular.
1 Thank packy1212
North Haven, Maine
Reviewed 22 April 2013

We stopped here for an overnight Spring getaway after visiting relatives nearby. What a beautiful room we had. The bed was so comfortable! The fabrics and patterns everywhere were a delight to see. The fireplace was lit, the lights were on and it was as cozy as could be. Joanne, the Innkeeper could not have been more pleasant. She showed us around and helped us with our morning coffee decision...which was delivered to our door at the exact time we asked for. The window seat was the perfect spot for sipping coffee and admiring the view of Camden's ocean. The breakfast table was set just right , fit for royalty.... and the food to match! Fresh fruits and delicious corn waffles with bananas and walnuts, apple compote to start and fresh homemnade muffins, juice and coffee and tea. We had such an interesting conversation about Paris and Joanne's recent visit. Then on to discuss interior design which is evident throughout the Inn, as it is her passion! We highly recommend "A Little Dream" for sweet dreams in Camden!

Room Tip: Any room with a balcony! The views are beautiful.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
New Paltz, New York
Reviewed 20 December 2012

My little dream really did come true at this beautiful bed and breakfast. Like straight out of my favorite magazine, "Victoria", every nook of this well kempt luxury bed and breakfast was beautifully appointed.

Staying at A Little Dream was the highlight of our honeymoon, so I really can't say enough about it. We were treated like solid gold, and felt like royalty. Our favorite night was the sunset sail on the Panobscot bay, and it was so nice coming back to the beautiful room and soaking in the great big footed tub!

I took pictures of the decor of this lovely bed and breakfast for inspiration for the home I hope to create someday. What a beautiful job. I also hope to be as wonderful and gracious a hostess as Joanne to all my guests over the years. She truly blew us away, giving us a special wedding gift just before we left. Thank you again, if you're reading this Joanne!

Just like everyone says, the breakfast is superb.

We have discussed returning someday. I'm certain we will. I hope to look back through the guest book and find my writing, and let the memories of my perfect honeymoon in Camden return!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RobsLady
Atlanta
Reviewed 16 November 2012

Wow, I can't say enough great things about A Little Dream. I stayed here in August with my son and my father. From arrival through our entire stay, we had an incredible experience. First of all, Joanne, the innkeeper, is the nicest hostess in the world. She is incredibly gracious and welcoming. She showed us around our rooms, through the main parts of the inn, and made sure we were settled in. We stayed in the top two rooms of the carriage house, and the setting was perfect. Our rooms were at the top of the stairs, and we could go freely between the two rooms so we had the entire top floor to ourselves. The bigger room had an enormous deck with two lounge chairs and a table and chairs, with a view of the bay. It also had a comfortable sitting area with a flat screen tv. The smaller room had a very comfortable bed and a spacious bathroom, and was decorated in just the Victorian/Maine style you would expect in a B&B. The breakfasts were full-blown, 2 course affairs, in a beautifully appointed breakfast room on fine china. The food was outstanding. I seriously am still fondly remembering the poached pears we had one morning, and the pecan waffles - yum! Camden is a beautiful town and after driving up the entire coast and back, we think it's the prettiest town in Maine! The inn is walking distance to town, but it is an invigorating 10 minute walk - it was fine for me but a bit far for my father. We didn't have trouble finding parking downtown so we did drive to dinner each night. It was the little touches that put this inn over the top - top notch toiletries in the bathroom, fluffy pillows and comforters on the bed, chocolates and cordial in the room, the breakfast menu that you filled out with your choices the night before, a selection of books, magazines and dvd's to enjoy in your room, flat screen tv's, and air conditioning (these last two seemingly scarce in Maine B&B's!) Joanne was also incredibly sweet to my son - he still talks about how nice she was. She paid him special attention at breakfast, had great recommendations for kids' activities nearby, and we always arrived back in the evening to find his stuffed animal had spent the day reading or watching tv! I probably researched every B&B in Camden and Bar Harbor, and I couldn't have made a better choice than A Little Dream. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family