“An elegant B & B”
Review of A Little Dream

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Camden
A Little Dream
Ranked #12 of 19 Camden B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 November 2013

My wife and I spent a couple nights at the B&B. The reviews on trip advisor were a big influence on our deciding to stay there. I can say they were all spot on. The place is fantastic. Joanne is a wonderful inn keeper always willing to treat her guests first class. We stayed in the Garden Patio room and as she suggested, it was a bit on the small side. (it was comfortable for the two of us.) I especially liked the large soaking tub that came in handy after a day of hiking; my wife did too. Joanne offered the adjacent room for us to store our baggage and the pillows, etc. We didnt need to do that but the offer was noteworthy. The breakfasts were wonderful, always with some very fresh and tasteful fruit. The entire place had an elegant feel to it, the rooms, the meals and the inn keeper. We certainly recommend the B&B to anyone interested in staying in the Camden area.

Room Tip: Joanne showed us the large room in the carriage house....with the king size bed. It has a great vie...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael B

Reviewed 30 October 2013

This past weekend, my husband and I celebrated our 3rd anniversary at "The Little Dream". It was our first time staying there, but we've both decided we will return. The B&B is tastefully decorated with an authentic Victorian flare without being overdone. The rooms are clean, cozy and comfortable and the property itself extremely well-maintained. JoAnn was very welcoming and had lots of information for us about "hidden treasures" in Camden - places to visit that are a little off the beaten tourist path, but well worth the visit. Breakfast was absolutely delicious and beautifully presented - I had to take a picture of it before I could eat it! There were special "touches" to our stay - like the sweet cantaloupe hearts JoAnn made for us as part of anniversary breakfast. Their showcase suite, the Islewatch suite, is in the carriage house - and is absolutely stunning. We had hoped to stay in this room, but it books up well in advance. We will plan ahead next time! Our suite, the Songbird, was elegantly appointed, yet not stuffy, and we loved the window seat that overlooks the Norumbega castle across the street and the ocean just beyond that. One small issue we found was the parking is a bit tricky, but in no way a deal-breaker from visiting this property. We highly recommend this inn to you if you're looking for a relaxing retreat in the Camden/Rockland area!

Room Tip: The Islewatch suite is stunning, with fabulous ocean views from the room and the adjoining deck. Al...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tammy2013H
Reviewed 10 October 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at "A Little Dream" over our honeymoon trip to the New England states. The property is just gorgeous and is decorated with a lot of charm. JoAnn was very helpful and took a lot of time talking to us and helping us decide what we should do. We stayed in the songbird suite and were very impressed with the room. I just loved the window seat facing the ocean. It couldn't have been more perfect for us. Yes, the inn is on a busier road but that did not bother us one bit. Downtown Camden is a long walk from the inn but it really isn't that bad. There is plenty of parking downtown if you choose to drive instead so it really isn't a big deal. The breakfasts were delicious, well presented and very filling! I can't wait to visit Camden again, as it is such a beautiful town. We will definitely be staying at "A Little Dream" on our next visit.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mandy0000
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Stayed two nights in the lovely tree tops room, which was large with fantastic views over camden. We were made to feel very welcome and all of our needs where catered for. Some very nice touches like chocolates & sherry in the room made us feel very special, breakfast were very lovely. JoAnne was a great hostess.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Louiseguk
Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

1st timers in a B&B and we are probably spoiled. Great location, loved the room and Joann and Bill are great hosts. Bill made fantastic breakfasts every morning and Joann is spot on with recommendations. Very friendly. Would come back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Dennis R
Reviewed 7 September 2013

My husband and I are what I refer to as "inn people," preferring small and intimate properties to larger hotels. We have visited many lovely inns in the United States and Europe, but never have we felt as welcomed and as nurtured as we did the week we stayed with Jo Anne Ball and Bill Fontana at their beautiful, "A Little Dream." We felt totally comfortable from the moment we met JoAnne and she showed us to our exquisite suite; complete with a luxurious bath, a large covered porch and a view of Camden Harbor and Curtis Island. JoAnne's visual arts background was evident in every single detail of our new "home" for the week. I was not only struck by the lovely design, furniture, attention to accessories, but even more so by the special touches: beautiful linens for bed and bath, adequate lighting for reading, a set up integrated into the decorations for tea, an abundance of reading materials including magazines and my husbands favorite; the chocolates JoAnne left every day. I would be remiss if I didn't mention that our rooms were spotless when we arrived and were maintained that way all week! We were able to view almost all the other rooms in the inn one day between the time of checkouts and arrivals and found that each and every room had its own special charm and met the same quality standards. JoAnne and Billy have created an oasis of beauty on the grounds of the inn as well. JoAnne lovingly tending the gardens and Billy helping to maintain the green areas. Billy's real talent, however, is as creator and chef of the gourmet breakfasts JoAnne lovingly serves each morning. Not, only was breakfast a work of art (we couldn't resist photographing our food each morning), but the quality was wonderful. My husband and I live close to Manhattan and have eaten at many of New York's finest restaurants; Billy's breakfasts did not disappoint! JoAnne made us feel like friends each morning at breakfast. She always had wonderful tips for exploring the area. This was our second visit to Camden, but with JoAnne's knowledge of the area we saw Camden in a new and more intimate way. JoAnne's keen ability to understand our interests in a short period of time, helped each day to turn out to be a perfect one for us. Chatting withJoAnne was just delightful. She is well educated, wise, witty and warm. We miss those morning chats and look forward to visiting with JoAnne and Billy again next summer. We had a perfect vacation!!!

Room Tip: I don't think there is a wrong choice, but just call JoAnne and she will help you select the roo...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Jo Anne Ball is one of those one of a kind folks. I would like to call her a Southern Belle but she is from New York! Well, she does have connections in Jacksonville, Florida. I can only say that her hospitality was impeccable. From the moment we spoke on the phone to make the reservation to the moment we had to say goodbye, Cathy and I both knew we had stumbled upon a special lady and a special place.

What makes A Little Dream so special? Upon entering the parlor I noticed perfection in the room, the gardens were groomed as if we were at the home of Royalty. Our room as well as the entire Inn is loaded with beautiful antiques. Her attention to detail with both preparation and presentation of the breakfast exceeded expectations. And then there are the wonderful smiles from both Jo Anne and her husband that just make you feel right at home with friends.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple