“A great place”

Ranked #11 of 19 Camden B&B and Inns
Port Washington, New York
“A great place”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Wonderful country in well located just outside of town impeccable service. Wonderful, but expensive restaurant. Only warning is that dinner I pre fix, and they should tell you when you make a reservation. But worth the money.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
London, UK
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Friendly, stylish, excellent location, superb cocktails and even better food. This was the best dining we had in our 2 week New England tour - and probably the best breakfasts ever.
Its not cheap - but when they deliver this level of service I think its worth it. Try and get a room with a water view. This is a great location to explore beautiful Camden - and make sure you fit in a boat trip while you are there.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Alabama
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Camden Harbour Inn is fantastic. A small inn that is unexpectedly sophisticated with a european flair. They have the friendliest staff that I have ever encountered in a hotel! The breakfast was included in our rate and it was simply amazing- freshly cooked to order. The blueberry pancakes were my favorite. You could also opt for a continental buffet. The food here is gourmet. We liked to gather in the bar before going out for a nice glass of wine and the chef would send out little appetizer treats for us. The rooms are comfortable. We stayed in Bonaire which gave us beautiful views of the harbor and the mountains. One morning we woke for a spectacular sunrise! We were there with extended family - all ages- for my Mother's 80th birthday. Everyone loved it! We were close to town for the shoppers, close to small beach for swimmers, we rented mountain bikes and kayaks, we hiked - there was plenty to do! We will go back!

Room Tip: There is no elevator. We were on the 3rd floor which I liked for the view and to get a little exerc...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Toronto
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I echo absolutely all of the superlatives in other reviews - although we did not have dinner at Natalie's. But book your room carefully - the second set of stairs (to the third floor rooms) is very steep and there is no elevator.

Kennebunk, Maine
Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

Five bright, glowing stars. Probably the best-run, most comfortable, most interestingly designed inn we've ever stayed at. Somehow, the owners have introduced European design into an old Maine inn and not ruined its ambiance. It feels fresh and sophisticated but somehow still warm. Tyler at the front desk was friendly, funny and attentive, upgrading our room and guiding us toward fun things to see and do in town. Natalie's served one of the best meals we've eaten this year, five star cuisine that was formal yet not stuffy. A 10 min walk into the center of town and a nice view of the harbor. We will absolutely go back next year. Highly, highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2013
Houston
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I recently booked a room for friends coming from abroad. I used my credit card to guarantee the one night stay. When my friend's checked in, they were not allowed to change the booking to their credit card. If I have a platinum card, they have a black one! There should have been no problem.

I called the hotel later that evening and explained the above paragraph. I asked to have a credit to my card and allow them to use their card. I was refused.

I pointed out that they were happy enough to take my reservation over the phone, they should be happy to change the credit card over the phone to that of the people staying in the hotel and getting ready to have a $100+ meal for two.

They refused. I told them I would be happy to give them all my credit card information and they could process the refund. They refused.

I would have to appear in person, with my card, to allow them to bill the guests who were there -- in person with their card.

This is absolute rubbish for a hotel of this calibre. My friends and I will settle up, that is not the problem, the problem is that the hotel is acting appropriately for the cheapo place -- when they are outrageously expensive!

When I do business with a quality establishment, I expect two words from people at a quality establishment, "Yes" and "Ma'am." Clearly they did neither.

5 Thank TravelMavenHouston
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 5 August 2013

At the highest pricetag in Maine Camden Harbour Inn has to deliver and they do. From the moment we were welcomed at the car by Vlad(?) and what probably was the most fiendly and organized check-in we ever had (Tyler), we knew the experience was going to be special. The room was beautiful with all the luxury you expect, including a steamshower and lots of designer furniture pieces. Very European and understated. It is all about service at Camden Harbour Inn, they must have been trained to never say no as even our most complicated requests were addressed with a smile (and we did one ridiculous requests to see if they would blink---not such a thing). The location is amazing, the breakfast (included) is likely the best we ever had and everything is proffesionally organized without loosing the warmth and friendliness of a smaller inn. If the add a swimmingpool and large spa this inn likely is going to be our most favorite inn in the USA and beyond.

Room Tip: We had a corner room (curacao) and loved it
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Camden
Grand Harbor Inn
Inn at Ocean's Edge
Inn at Ocean's Edge
#3 of 5 in Lincolnville
Samoset Resort On The Ocean

Been to Relais & Chateaux Camden Harbour Inn? Share your experiences!