“A dream come true.”

Ranked #10 of 19 Camden B&B and Inns
Netherlands
“A dream come true.”
Reviewed 9 July 2008

Last June my boyfriend and I stayed at the Camden Harbour Inn in Camden, Maine. We would like to give Raymond and Oscar (the owners) a very warm thank you for their hospitality! The whole week felt like a Honeymoon even though we are not married (yet)! We stayed in the "Taiwan Suite" and felt like royalty. Every last detail was beautifully taken care of and the room looked marvelous. The food in Nathalie’s restaurant was superb and Lawrence is a brilliant chef, he can make food like no one can! We highly recommend this Inn to anyone who wants to treat themselves to a high-end experience and yet still feel cozy. The innkeepers, Patty and Joerg, will take care of you like family. And the rest of the staff is amazing - the whole team makes this place a success from beginning to end!
Thanks again to all of you!

• Liked — The combination of the hospitality and accomodation
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Sidney, Maine
Reviewed 12 May 2008

I can't say enough good things about this Inn. I booked their early spring package which included dinner and breakfast in what is basically the regular room rate. I felt like I should have paid them more at the end of the stay, which is something you rarely feel these days!

The dinner at Natalia's was incredible. Absolutely gourmet and delicious. Definitely get the gnocci -- best anywhere in the world.

Breakfast is european style with a breakfast bar and made-to-order hot items that were delicious. With both dinner and breakfast they go above and beyond, with extra little treats. Before dinner was a little asparagas soup and with breakfast a smoothie and fresh fruit in small glasses.

The rooms were beautiful and modern, very comfortable beds.

I wouldn't stay anywhere else on the coast of Maine!

• Liked — Hosts, food, attention to detail, modern interior
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank Jessica G
Boston, MA
Reviewed 17 April 2008

I booked our 26th anniversary on line with the Inn. The suite was as expected from the website. I called to ask for several special things over the course of the three days we stayed at the Inn. Everything (special flowers, dinners, strawberries and whipped cream, spa services) was handled beautifully, when requested and at a reasonable price.

The staff was attentive and welcoming; the owners were delightful, accessible hosts and our weekend innkeeper, Ellen, was one of the most pleasant people in the service industry.

The common spaces were cozy, comfortable and funky with a huge gas fireplace, a nice change of scene from the suite as it rained all weekend. Tea and coffee were readily available and staff was around for any other requests we made during our stay.

Breakfast (brunch on Sunday) was included and was much more than we expected every morning. We so enjoyed dinner the first evening there at the Inn (Natalie's) that we ate there again the second night. The food was well paired and beautifully served. The wine cellar was a bit young and our hosts made a note of this when we checked out.

The spa is reached by going outside the Inn for a few steps, normally not a problem I guess except that it rained all weekend and it was sad to get cold and wet after a relaxing massage.

We were guests of the Inn in the off season so it was quiet during the day. The dining room was busy all weekend however. My husband and I so enjoyed our weekend at the Inn that we are planning to return in the fall after the height of the season.

• Liked — Staff, food, service
  • Disliked — outside access to spa
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
3 Thank 2outof7
Northern California
Reviewed 9 April 2008

We stayed at the Camden Harbour Inn for two nights a few weeks ago. The first night (the night of our anniversary) we had the winter mid-week special booked and the 2nd night we had just the regular off-season rate. We stayed in the Delagoa Bay room and it was just beautiful! The delicious 3-course meal and the wood burning fireplace in our room made for a very wonderful anniversary. The dinner was so good, and they even accommodated me as a vegetarian. Both breakfasts were included, and there was a buffet and one hot dish made to order such as blueberry waffles or a grilled vegetable frittata. There was a really nice view of the bay from our room and also from the dining room. There was an extensive library of dvds and books to borrow from, delicious free snack items and also free internet. The Inn was a perfect mix between a bed and breakfast and nice hotel. The service was very personalized, with handwritten notes placed in our room every time we would return, but it wasn't intrusive at all. We would definitely go back there again!

• Liked — Felt pampered!
  • Disliked — Expensive in-season!
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
3 Thank copperkettle15
Marlboro, Mass
Reviewed 3 March 2008

My husband and I recently booked a Winter Wonderland package with the Inn. Initially we were sick with the flu for our weekend, but we were able to move it to another time with no problems. We were greeted with smiling faces, hot chocolate and cookies. Homemade, I might add. During our stay the staff were very friendly and helpful, the food was fantastic, and the German Gluwine we were given was out of this world yummy. Our room was awesome. We were in the New Amsterdam Suite on the first floor, and had nice views of the town and bay. The couches and bed were very comfortable, and I think my favorite part was the bathroom. It had a shower, rainshower, and steam shower. Plus, it had an airbath (jacuzzi), with a cool additional water feature overhead. You turn the knob and a carefully designed stream of water comes down from the ceiling! It was fun. The owners are really nice, and helpful. We even managed to get the recipe for the Gluwine. It was a really nice weekend... off season so no crowds, and we had a beautiful snow day on Saturday. We recommend this inn, and are anxious to return ourselves.

• Liked — Clean, friendly, quiet.
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bassai13
maine
Reviewed 6 December 2007

My husband and I had a one night getaway and decided to stay in Camden, our favorite village in Maine. We chose the Camden Harbour inn after finding them on Trip Advisor and then visiting their webpage.
What a nice experience!
We were warmly greeted at the door by Ellen, one of the staff, and shown around the inn.
The decoration of the inn is crisp, stylish and sophisticated.
It was a snowy and cold night but inside the inn a fire was burning in the living room fireplace with two comfortable couches flanking the fireplace and teas, coffee and cookies laid out for guests.
Our bedroom had large windows that looked out over the village and harbor below and the mountain above.
The kingsize bed had a feather bed with a down comforter and triple sheeting.
Every amenity was provided.
The dinner that night was perfect. Really well done and delicious.
Our bed was turned down when we returned to our room.
The next morning we were welcomed into the dining room by the charming couple who manage the inn. The breakfast was also perfect and delicious.
This inn has the best location of any inn in Camden. It sits on a hill and has the best view of the village, harbor and mountain. No other inn in Camden can claim that.
Winter is a perfect time to visit, especially during the holiday season. The town has a Currier and Ives perfection. It's what you dream of finding in a coastal Maine village. The Camden Harbour inn is the place to stay.

• Liked — the warmth of the staff and owners
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled as a couple
5 Thank mainehatty
phila suburbs
Reviewed 4 October 2007

Our stay at the CHI was great. The decor of the newly renovated innn is just gorgeous. The Innkeepers are warm and friendly. You feel like they care about making your stay a good one but are not too into your business.
I booked one of the least expensive rooms because the reveiws on this website were so favorable and I knew it was all brand new! My husband and I were not dissappointed one bit! We had paid $400 the night before (for a larger room and bath at Inn at Sunrise point) for nowhere near as nice an experience. I'll take small,but elegant and welcoming and pampering over bigger any day! Great bath products,robes,turndown service with homemade treats and fresh towels,notes left in our room informing us of weather the next day and offering to be of service.
Our room only had a partial view,but I knew that going in (i'd sy it was actually better than expected. I'm sure there are fabulous views to be had in this Inn. The location is ideal! walking distance to town yet up on a quiet hill that gives you great veiws!
We dined one night at Natalies and loved it. My husband enjoyed being able to sit in the beautifull bar and wait for me in the evening. Breakfast (included) is so good. They actually give you a choice! unlike Inn at Sunrise point! I'm still trying to forgive my husband for not letting me stay for a tomatoe, basil and goat cheese omelet the day of our departure (the innkeeeper had actually even offered to make us breakfast to go!) I want to go back!

• Stayed September 2007, travelled on business
5 Thank momat407
Also consider these accommodations in or near Camden
Grand Harbor Inn
Whitehall
Whitehall
#7 of 10 in Camden
Samoset Resort On The Ocean

Been to Relais & Chateaux Camden Harbour Inn? Share your experiences!