While I am an avid reader of reviews on this website, I typically never feel terribly compelled to write reviews unless my personal experience deviates drastically from the overall experience others have had. Nevertheless, I find myself almost obliged to write a very glowing review of our stay this past weekend as the experience was so spectacular, I find myself wanting to plan my next trip back.
As other reviewers have mentioned, the room is beautiful (Bonaire), outfitted with modern fixtures and amenities (I love the bathroom with the heated floors and the steam/rain shower), and the view in the morning is breathtaking. There were very minor issues, but nothing that would have taken away from our experience, and nothing that wasn't very expeditiously remedied by their excellent staff. The bed is so incredibly comfortable, and while my partner and I are very early risers (even on the weekend), we found ourselves sleeping in and almost missing breakfast.
Some may say that I am terribly critical with food (I am not, I like to think of myself as an enjoyer of good food), but Natalie's is very good by any city's standards. The restaurant being just downstairs from my room was also a huge plus as I found myself pretty overly satiated after the 5-course lobster tasting. My counterpart had the traditional 5-course tasting which I might have had several bites of, was also excellent. The personable staff also makes this a restaurant that I could see myself dining at again and again as they were simply a pleasure to be around. I didn't feel that the pace of the dinner was particularly slow (in fact I was amazed that it was over so quickly!). As for the price point, I felt that this was a very reasonable price for a 5-course tasting with this quantity and quality of food.
I don't know what this experience would have been like during the peak season, as we went during the off-season, and had a really restful and wonderful stay. But I'll be back, and I'll be sure to let you know.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relais and Chateaux Camden Harbour Inn is a AAA Four Diamond property, resting on the picturesque coast of Maine. The hotel features panoramic views of the mountains and harbor, creating the perfect setting for your next New England getaway. The recently remodeled boutique hotel features luxurious guest rooms and suites, stunning views, and a restaurant awarded top 100 in America preparing amazing dishes, you'll never want to leave! Just minutes from the harbor landing in the center of town, the Inn is Camden's most luxurious boutique lodging location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Relais & Chateaux Camden Harbour Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camden Harbour Hotel Camden
- Relais & Chateaux Camden Harbour Inn Maine