“Wins best in small town feel”
Review of Camden Snow Bowl

Camden Snow Bowl
Reviewed 1 January 2014

As stated in one review this is not Vail or anything close to those type resorts, everyone here was so pleasant ....that's the big difference!!!!! This is a fun community owned place that is #1 on the do not want to miss while in Maine list. It's hard to keep kids focused and happy while on vacation, but the staff here kept the kids interacting with other kids on the slopes as if they were one big family. Hooked and will return.....

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Eight of us took advantage of a stellar Columbus Day weekend Sunday to take in the autumn views by chairlift. The chairlift barely crept up the incline, but it was a beautiful day, the sun was warm and the company was great, not to mention it only cost $5.00 per person. The downside? It was peak foliage and therefore very busy. To come back down was an hour an a half to two hour wait. Only every fifth chair could be used to convey people down. So we elected to walk down, which was a challenge to a couple of people in our group because we were not prepared to hike, either physically or with our footwear. If you want exceptional view of mountains and sea, I instead recommend a drive up Mt. Battie. Better views and you can leave when you want.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

We decided to take the chair lift to the top of the mountain for the views and for $5.00 who can beat that, right?! Well they failed to tell us that the chairlift is old and rickety and scary as heck! Not to mention that apparently extreme off road bikers also flock to this spot to ride the lift to the top and scream down the hill doing a buck twenty yelling at you from behind to get the H%$## out of the way, before flying past you by a hairs breath. I had second thoughts about taking my life in my hands by going back down the chairlift, but I was more worried about being run over by one of the yeha's on the bike, so I took the plunge and made it to the bottom. That's checked off the bucket list and I ripped it up and threw that one away, never to be seen again!

2  Thank ratherbwarm
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Skiing is my passion, so had to come here and take a look. This is not Vail, but it does look like a fun community place to do a little sliding. The elevation is 1,300 and the vertical is 850 so bring the kids and get grandma to give it a go - just like the old days. If we are back in winter, will slap the boards on and notch Camden Bowl on my fanny pack belt.

1  Thank DocSkier
Reviewed 2 August 2013

This place is a gem. One of the many local town hills across the globe, but the only one with an incredible view of the ocean from the top. Perfect for young families or even experienced skiers who just want to make a few turns for 2-3 hours for a few bucks. The unique thing about this place is that everyone is happy and wholesome. A far cry from the clientele of some of those upscale western resorts.

2  Thank Circumspect