“amazing discovery on the Maine coast - and I mean on the coast”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Camden
Beloin's on the Maine Coast
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Camden
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I stopped in at the National Park camping ground in Camden and asked if they knew of any place nearby to stay that was ON THE OCEAN yet not one of the flash cadillac type hotels - no character - everyone looks the same type and very expensive. Beloin's was recommended. If I was able to spend more time in Maine this is the type of place I would be tempted to keep to myself. Given that I can only get there infrequently I am happy to share. When I stopped in at the place I wondered "what?" "what about ON the ocean did she not understand" There were about 8 cabins set back from the road. This was NOT what I was looking for. I decided to go into the office anyway and I saw the postcard they had on the desk showing their cabins ON the ocean. I drove the 1/4 of a mile on their land, checked the cabin out ,and raced back to make sure it was still available. It was AMAZING. And reasonable. All night I could hear the ocean in the background out of my open windows. The cabin was IMMACULATELY CLEAN and well maintained, two beds, a nice sized kitchen and bathroom with hot water and GORGEOUS VIEWS from each window. I wanted to stay there for the rest of my life. The owner who checked me in is delightful and most helpful. AND I had great internet. This place is to return to for months at a time to write that novel. If you are looking for fancy and room service - this is not it. If you are looking for gorgeous views, reasonable clean well maintained, nice owners - this is it. I stayed in the very last cabin #28 and LOVED it.

Room Tip: If you want a cabin take #28 - the very last one - the others are just as nice - only difference is...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Travelingwomyn
There are newer reviews for Beloin's on the Maine Coast

Reviewed 18 June 2013

Had a perfect short two night stay based on TripAdvisor reviews. Was on my own and had one of the smaller units right on the rocks. Could not fault the experience. Back to the Sixties ...style and not for those that need room service etc on tap.Basic with few mod cons. For those that love nature and really want to get the thearpeutic effect of being " on the water" and close to the elements.Easy to get into town for food etc or cook yourself.Gracious owner .Annoyingly my unit did not have wifi reach but I got over that and made calls 50m away. Will return with GF and when a good weather forecast beckons.Great walk up the mountain, if you have the energy.

Room Tip: Get a standalone unit if you are Honeymooners!Walls are thin.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Innessant
Reviewed 23 January 2013

We NEVER make plans for our weeks in Maine without a two- to three-night stay at Beloins. 'Nuff said. My wife and I have been going there for almost twenty years. We stay in oceanside cabins for the sound of surf, sights of lobster boats, and magnificent sunrises.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Robert H
Reviewed 18 October 2012

We stayed at the Beloins cabin #28 in October of 2012. It is the last cabin on the left, which gives you a large side yard. The view is so beautiful, up on a cliff overlooking the water ... perfect! The cabin is small, but was perfect for my husband and I. It has a front porch with chairs overlooking the water as well as a bench and little picnic table in the yard. The front of the cottage has very large windows which allow you to see the water. It has a little kitchen with a coffee maker and sink, cook top and fridge. It was perfect. We are so glad we were here! Make sure you take time to drive up on Mt. Battie, it is beautiful.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LorrifromWelcome
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Let's be clear - this is essentially a cabin in the woods, by the coast. The view is magnificent, and the sunrise spectacular. The free internet connection was solid. The price was ok. The campbed I slept on (as the third person in the room) was fine.

However there are some significant downsides, especially when the weather is cold.

The heater in our room was extremely noisy (but did work well).
The room wasn't very clean - e.g. the cloth by the sink had a large insect living on it.
There is zero soundproofing - and we had noisy neighbours.
There was no alarm clock.

The worst thing was the bathroom, which absolutely STANK of mould - as in, it made me choke just to be in there. Very poor.

Sorry, but I'm not sure the view is worth it.

Good bits:

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Amanda K
Reviewed 4 October 2012

The accommodations are basic but clean. The owners could not be more helpful. The sunrise view from the bed in our ocean front cottage, PRICELESS! Camden is a beautiful town. This is a great place to stay if you are traveling between Boston and Bar Harbor.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CU79TIGER
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Both cottages & motel rooms at Beloin's, a mile north of the perfect town of Camden, Maine, and right on Route 1, are located on the waterfront. In fact, practically IN the gorgeous north Atlantic Ocean - more precisely, Penobscot Bay. HUGE gorgeous views of the sea and light, with islands, sailboats, lobster boats, sea birds, & paradise. Simply our favorite annual get-away: low-key, comfortable, warm, perfect kicking-back, especially with refrigerator and stove or microwave. A year without Beloin's is a year...well, we always get there one way or another. The best of mid-coast Maine: just 4 hours from Boston area, but feels like another planet, in the best way possible. NOT lap of luxury, but extremely comfortabe; if you're looking for in-room Ritz-On-The-Sea, wrong choice. But if you just love love love being right on the ocean in comfy rooms with astonishing views, at very affordable rates, you will be VERY happy here.

Room Tip: Choice of rooms with full kitchenette, or basic mini-refrig/microwave. Helpful for maximum enjoyment...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JuneOfBoston
Also consider these accommodations in or near Camden
Camden Riverhouse Hotel and Inns
#1 of 10 in Camden
Whitehall
Whitehall
#7 of 10 in Camden

Been to Beloin's on the Maine Coast? Share your experiences!