“Beautiful and relaxing - best part of our east coast trip.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Camden
Beloin's on the Maine Coast
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Camden
Iowa
“Beautiful and relaxing - best part of our east coast trip.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

The location can't be beat - we were right on the water. The cottages are not fancy, but they are clean and comfortable. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The town of Camden is great and very close. Hiking in the state park nearby is also great. The lobster rolls and ice cream at Mt. Battie Take Out right up the hill are a must. Perfect Maine vacation. We plan to return.

Room Tip: You really need to get the cottages on the water. After a day or two you won't want to leave...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MoensIowa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

If you are in the Camden area, you absolutely must experience this quiet rare find. I have stayed here several times before and it will continue to be my spot the next time I am traveling through the area. Don't expect any fancy amenities, but this place has character, and is just Maine and nature at its best, small old cottages, built decades ago right near the water with amazing views. They are equipped with a small fridge, electric stove, coffee maker, etc..basically everything you need if you choose to stay in for the evening. The showers are just fine with plenty of water pressure. all in all, very clean as well. My son and I were traveling through this last time (he loved it as well), but its also a great place for a romantic get-away. There is access to a rocky beach as well, just be careful walking down those steps if they are slightly wet. Nothing like waking up to the sound of the ocean pounding on the rocky shore. Quick access to Camden as well. I was impressed with the owner, she remembered when I had booked the cottage that me and my son were traveling through on vacation, and she had reserved the cottage she said had her favorite view. (thank you, I will be back).

Room Tip: If you need a single cottage (2 double beds) with an amazing view, ask fro #19
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank My-Honest-0pinion
South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

My husband and I celebrated our anniversary here, and it was so perfect. We arrived early, and were still able to check in. From the woman at the front desk to the housekeepers finishing up our room when we arrived, to the man at the desk when we left, everyone was so congenial. They even put a little anniversary gift in the room for us. So thoughtful. My dad booked the room for us as a gift, and I guess had mentioned my husband was military and they gave us a small discount. Not necessary, but appreciated by an old Huey crewman and his wife. :)

We stayed in #27, and that or 28 would be my recommendation. The rooms are simple, but well kept. They're about the size of a studio apartment in a big city, so small, but the main feature is the floor to ceiling window. We just sat and stared. Such an amazing view. No way does any other hotel/inn/motel in or around Camden have a view like this one. It's the draw, and it's so worth it. Beloin's is private and beautiful, just what a romantic trip should be. My husband's starting a new duty, and this was our last chance for together time. So glad we came to Beloin's for it!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank BritttheDem
Contadora Island, Panama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

I stopped in at the National Park camping ground in Camden and asked if they knew of any place nearby to stay that was ON THE OCEAN yet not one of the flash cadillac type hotels - no character - everyone looks the same type and very expensive. Beloin's was recommended. If I was able to spend more time in Maine this is the type of place I would be tempted to keep to myself. Given that I can only get there infrequently I am happy to share. When I stopped in at the place I wondered "what?" "what about ON the ocean did she not understand" There were about 8 cabins set back from the road. This was NOT what I was looking for. I decided to go into the office anyway and I saw the postcard they had on the desk showing their cabins ON the ocean. I drove the 1/4 of a mile on their land, checked the cabin out ,and raced back to make sure it was still available. It was AMAZING. And reasonable. All night I could hear the ocean in the background out of my open windows. The cabin was IMMACULATELY CLEAN and well maintained, two beds, a nice sized kitchen and bathroom with hot water and GORGEOUS VIEWS from each window. I wanted to stay there for the rest of my life. The owner who checked me in is delightful and most helpful. AND I had great internet. This place is to return to for months at a time to write that novel. If you are looking for fancy and room service - this is not it. If you are looking for gorgeous views, reasonable clean well maintained, nice owners - this is it. I stayed in the very last cabin #28 and LOVED it.

Room Tip: If you want a cabin take #28 - the very last one - the others are just as nice - only difference is...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Travelingwomyn
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

Had a perfect short two night stay based on TripAdvisor reviews. Was on my own and had one of the smaller units right on the rocks. Could not fault the experience. Back to the Sixties ...style and not for those that need room service etc on tap.Basic with few mod cons. For those that love nature and really want to get the thearpeutic effect of being " on the water" and close to the elements.Easy to get into town for food etc or cook yourself.Gracious owner .Annoyingly my unit did not have wifi reach but I got over that and made calls 50m away. Will return with GF and when a good weather forecast beckons.Great walk up the mountain, if you have the energy.

Room Tip: Get a standalone unit if you are Honeymooners!Walls are thin.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Innessant
Huntington, West Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

We NEVER make plans for our weeks in Maine without a two- to three-night stay at Beloins. 'Nuff said. My wife and I have been going there for almost twenty years. We stay in oceanside cabins for the sound of surf, sights of lobster boats, and magnificent sunrises.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Robert H
Welcome, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2012

We stayed at the Beloins cabin #28 in October of 2012. It is the last cabin on the left, which gives you a large side yard. The view is so beautiful, up on a cliff overlooking the water ... perfect! The cabin is small, but was perfect for my husband and I. It has a front porch with chairs overlooking the water as well as a bench and little picnic table in the yard. The front of the cottage has very large windows which allow you to see the water. It has a little kitchen with a coffee maker and sink, cook top and fridge. It was perfect. We are so glad we were here! Make sure you take time to drive up on Mt. Battie, it is beautiful.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LorrifromWelcome
Also consider these accommodations in or near Camden
Grand Harbor Inn
Camden Riverhouse Hotel and Inns
Inn at Ocean's Edge
Inn at Ocean's Edge
#2 of 5 in Lincolnville

Been to Beloin's on the Maine Coast? Share your experiences!