“The best sleep I've had in years!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lord Camden Inn

Lord Camden Inn
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Camden
Kittery, Maine
“The best sleep I've had in years!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

I stayed here for a weekend and to do some Christmas shopping. Both days I woke up at my usual very early hour only to fall back asleep because the bed was soooo comfortable! The staff couldn't be more helpful and nice. The rooms are beautiful and the breakfast was fantastic. I'm usually a very active traveler, but I was quite content to stay in the room and enjoy the private balcony and the million dollar view!
Camden is the quintessential coastal Maine town. We had dinner at "Fresh" and with a name like that, well the food just has to be, and it was. Don't miss the Farnsworth Museum in Rockland. Lots of Wyeth paintings from all 3 generations.
I can't wait to go back to the Lord Camden and catch up on my sleep!

Room Tip: The higher rooms have better views.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank phototraveler2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Norridgewock, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

Great fast check in.
with in walking distance to many restaurants.
Great view from our room. Clean and very comfortable bed!

Room Tip: 4th floor, view of the harbor. Very nice sunrise on New's Year Day!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2012

the staff at the Lord Camden Inn was top notch. Rooms were clean and nicely furnished. Breakfast was excellent, as are dining accommodations. Dogs everywhere, so beware if you are not a dog lover (we are not). We knew this going into our stay and decided that location and pleasant rooms were worth it. Our winter getaway with family was certainly made merry by the all staff. Great coastal town to visit during holiday season. Inn runs excellent specials for off season visiting. Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Quiet is in village view rooms
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Peg M
heavenly rhode island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2011

I read a couple of reviews that were not so great and must say I was surprised.....I am a traveler who always finds something to complain about...but there are no complaints here!!!What can I say about the Lord Camden Inn!? I have stayed at the Lord Camden before and it was great...Savina helped with my reservation and was very PATIENT while I made up my mind, Scott greeted me when I arrived and made sure I had everything I needed and was always available throughout my stay. My room was gorgeous, VERY clean and just PERFECT for my needs. I traveled with my two small dogs and they were treated just as nicely as I was. The housekeeping staff are so friendly and willing to help with whatever I needed. Everyone I encountered at the Lord Camden Inn seemed genuinly happy to be there! It's perfectly located, central and feels like home. The buffet breakfast is great, lots of choices and the biscuits are real homemade buttermilk biscuits!!
Love the Kuerig coffee maker in the room, the tray of freshly made cookies downstairs in the lobby, the balcony in my room !!! That view of the harbor!!!....what can I say....
I can't say enough about the Lord Camden Inn. Like I said, I have stayed here before on a quick overnite, and am so glad I came here again for a 4 day weekend to celebrate Christmas with my two pups!
We love the Lord Camden Inn!
See you next Christmas!!

Room Tip: Can't beat a harbor view room!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
InnsManager, General Manager at Lord Camden Inn, responded to this review, 10 January 2012
Thank you for your review of your holiday stay with us! I am happy to hear of the great customer service experience you received with both Savina, Scott, and the rest of our staff as we take great pride in our customer service levels. It was our pleasure to serve you and your pups during your stay with us and are glad to have been able to assist in creating a memorable Christmas Holiday experience. Thank you for your comments regarding our breakfast and lobby cookies; our in-house breakfast chefs prepare and bake everything fresh daily. Camden’s harbor is ever so picturesque and we are grateful to be able to share these beautiful sweeping views with our guests to the Midcoast of Maine.

Thank you again for your kind words! We look forward to welcoming you and your adorable little travelers next Christmas!

Erick Anderson
Vermont
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

The downtown location was perfect for us, and during the last week of December there were no worries about street noise. We booked a room in their lowest price category, so we didn't expect anything palatial. What we got was a room that felt a little tight, but was excellent in every other respect. Notably, the bed was incredibly luxurious and comfortable.

The furnishings are traditional and provide an old New England charm, yet the fit and finish of this hotel are at a level one would expect from a newly constructed building.

The service was excellent and the breakfast was good but not great. There were a variety of cereals, breads, etc. Also, there were hard boiled eggs and make-your-own waffles.

On the downside, the lobby seating is pretty limited and the room had air-conditioning/heating unit that cycled on and off all through the evening, making for less than ideal sleeping conditions. We finally just turned it off.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. There weren't many other guests and we didn't see any pets. We will leave it to others to comment on what it is like here during the high season.

• Stayed December 2011
Portland, Maine
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2011

Having grown up in Camden, I can remember the day this Inn opened on Main Street. It was a great addition to the lodging choices in town and the location is simply the best. But the fine rehab of an old industrial building at the time, is now showing significant age with little or no repair being undertaken to keep the place up to standards. It has long been my choice to stay on my frequent business trips, but these days I am annoyed and disappointed in dirty carpets, chipping paint, filthy balconies and burned out lightbulbs.

Until they undertake a major renovation, there are much better choices in town these days.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Zonkermaine
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review Lord Camden Inn. We genuinely appreciate all feedback and note all comments.
I am saddened to hear that your recent stay at Lord Camden Inn did not meet your expectations. We pride ourselves on the history of our building and being a premiere downtown destination. I am excited to share that necessary renovations are scheduled through the winter months and will include items you have mentioned. Thank you again for your insightful review; we value your repeat business and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Erick Anderson
Northville, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2011

The Inn is located on the river and on the main street of Camden...allows you to venture out into the town and onto the waterfront with great ease. Beautiful sea coast town. The town library is a must see, go in and check out all its levels...Enjoy this town and the chance to sail out onto the bay..

The Inn is a very comfortable place to stay. Love the breakfast room and morning chats with guests.

Room Tip: all rooms have views, the main street side allows a look at the ocean front
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Camden
Grand Harbor Inn
Camden Maine Stay Inn
Camden Maine Stay Inn
#1 of 19 in Camden
Samoset Resort On The Ocean

Been to Lord Camden Inn? Share your experiences!