“What a view!”
Review of Lord Camden Inn

Lord Camden Inn
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Camden
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I decided to escapte the hussle and bussle of Portland for New Years Eve- and I was late to the game! I was open to going north or south- however, knew that I wanted to surprise my husband with something nice on the water. I read the reviews of the Lord Camden Inn, booked it on Expedia for a great rate, kidnapped my husband from work and we were there in a couple of hours. The room was on the 4th floor and had a lovely view of the town and the harbor. The service was impeccable, the room very comfortable and the evening was more than I could have expected! I highly recommend this for anyone looking for a romantic getaway- ask for the 4th floor with a water view! You will not be dissapointed!

Room Tip: Ask for the 4th floor with a water view- the sunrise was amazing!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FoodinMaine
There are newer reviews for Lord Camden Inn

Reviewed 19 December 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on several occasions and have never been disappointed. While I could tell things were a little different than years past, it still is like coming home. I missed the gingerbread house displays and beautiful greens that used to be outback. While the hotel is starting to show its age a little, our room was impeccably clean. I was a little disappointed that my request for any special considerations as a returning customer went without so much as a mention. Parking is a pain!!! You have to come into the building a get a special key each time you return from somewhere. Other than that, it was a lovely stay and a very nice breakfast. The location can't be beat. We love Camden!!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank JeanneX157
InnsManager, General Manager at Lord Camden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Dear Jeannex157,

I want to thank you for your review contribution of Lord Camden Inn! We are ecstatic to read of your enjoyment with the Inn! I apologize if things seemed different this year, we must have just missed you with completion of our Holiday decorations as both entrances are filled with greenery, holly berry, and lights as ever before. Our staff Gingerbread Contest which I established in 2010 has quickly become a favorite of guests and we look forward to this returning from a two year absence next season! We agree that the Inn has shown some more history and are proud to be proceeding into our third winter of renovations; some of which are already completed property wide to include carpets, bedding packages, and flat screen televisions. As we entered this year’s winter season our painters have been added to the beautification by bringing new color pallets to the guestrooms rooms and suites. Being Camden’s Premier Downtown Inn we understand parking in downtown Camden is limited to hourly restrictions. We are happy to be able to provide a free gated lot for our guests to use just a block away. Being gated this does indeed require a pass in order to enter which we happily loan out each time as it is not needed to exit the lot.

We’re honored you have chosen Lord Camden Inn as your home away from home each travel to Camden and look forward to seeing you return and discovering the new items we’ve been adding! If you would like to speak further regarding special returning considerations you mentioned I would be glad to hear from you and learn more.

Erick Anderson

Reviewed 6 December 2013

My wife and our 1-year old stayed in a room right on the river in the Camden's super quaint downtown commercial district. Our small room was very well appointed, with comfortable seating and with marble finishes in the bathroom. I'm a stomach sleeper and prefer a firm mattress, so I was concerned that the bed might be too soft--though I slept fine both nights. The breakfast was great and included fresh fruit and make-your-own waffles--they use delicious waffle batter and "real" maple syrup! The hotel staff were superb. Lord Camden Inn is right in the middle of the commercial district, so you're right there to enjoy the shops and restaurants. If you're traveling with kids, we recommend the children's room in the library with its tunneled lighthouse, boat, and train set--our son had a blast there. The library is within close walking distance of the hotel. Camden's downtown harbor view is quintessential Maine.

Room Tip: The riverside rooms are likely quieter than the rooms facing the busy main street. While the rivers...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We enjoyed our three night stay at the Lord Camden Inn. The Inn is very warm and comfortable. The coffee and cookies in the lobby and the friendliness of the hotel staff added to the warm atmosphere. Our room was on the third floor facing Main Street with a view of the harbor and the beautiful sunrise. The room was not large, but it offered all the amenities we needed including a refrigerator and microwave. The bed was very comfortable. The Caswell and Massey products in the bathroom were a very nice touch. The buffet breakfast included homemade granola that was very good. The Inn is situated right in the midst of all the shopping and restaurants in Camden.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Wonderful Hotel in the center of town. Out the front door and everything , shops and resturants and beautiful harbor are steps away. Always a must stop here on my way north. The rooms are lovely and clean, and comfortable . The hotel staff is friendly and helpful. location,location,location. Beautiful Camden Maine.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Back again to the most comfortable Inn I have experienced,the staff is friendly and helpful,the cookies in lobby delicious,the bed oh so comfortable,and all so neat and clean,lovely soaps and lotions,so nice I went online and ordered my own, and location ,location location,you can walk to any restaurant,shop,beautiful park and the harbor,kind of a European experience,I love Camden and will return as many times as I can,so much to do,wineries to explore,do not miss Cellar Door winery the one near Lincoln Beach,beautiful and lovely people,ask at desk for directions,go and enjoy breakfast,one of the nicest,treat yourself to a beautiful Maine Fall trip but don`t forget rest of seasons

Room Tip: there is an exercise room on 4th floor
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed here three nights with three kids. The original room was huge buy after two weeks in shared rooms with the kids we decided to get an extra room. They gave us the room next door at a reduced rate: and our sanity back. A nice little place with great included breakfast, free wifi and coffee on the go.

Stayed: October 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Camden
16 Bay View
Samoset Resort On The Ocean
Camden Maine Stay Inn
Camden Maine Stay Inn
#2 of 19 in Camden

Been to Lord Camden Inn? Share your experiences!