“Phenomenal stay!”

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Camden
Northborough, MA
“Phenomenal stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

We absolutely loved the Lord Camden Inn. The location is perfect (right on Main Street), and the ambience is charming. Our family had 3 rooms on the top (fourth) floor, which I highly recommend, for the balconies and the complete view of the town and the harbor. And, the rates were extremely reasonable, especially with the AAA discount.

We were here over New Year's, so the breakfast was your fairly standard continental breakfast. I would imagine that it's much better during the high season where more items are made to order.

The parking is not on site, but it's just a block away, so not a problem at all.

When I return to Camden, I will definitely stay at the Lord Camden Inn again.

Room Tip: Fourth floor has terrific views of the town and the harbor.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank LeslieRMH

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Asheville, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

Our three night stay at the Lord Camden Inn was overall quite pleasant but.....even the talking of those in the room(s) next door and below bothered us each night! The staff was most accommodating and we did move to another room for the final night--very quiet and restful!! Although the Inn is right downtown Camden and in very close proximity to everything, it is in a very old building with all that entails including noisy neighbors as well as street noise!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
heavenly rhode island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

This is the second Christmas I've spent at the Lord Camden Inn. Fifth visit total.
The room was very clean, The bed is TO DIE FOR! The bathroom was spotless and the view from the balcony is amazing as always.
The entire staff is outstanding,,, The housekeepers...especially Susan... do an excellent job and are always happy to make sure everything is perfect and if it's not...they will make it right. The screen on my balcony wasn't working properly and Susan took care of it immediately.
I needed a vet for one of my dogs and Nicole led me in the right direction and provided me with information and directions. My dog received excellent care. Stacy at the front desk helped me with a couple of things I left at home and went above and beyond. I can't say enough about the Lord Camden Inn. It's quaint, quiet and very homey. It's one of my favorite places to visit. It's always like going home again. I look forward to my next visit and seeing them again at Christmas. Thank you all at The Lord Camden Inn for helping to make our Christmas a great and special one, again!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank glassgirlvw
Portland, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

I decided to escapte the hussle and bussle of Portland for New Years Eve- and I was late to the game! I was open to going north or south- however, knew that I wanted to surprise my husband with something nice on the water. I read the reviews of the Lord Camden Inn, booked it on Expedia for a great rate, kidnapped my husband from work and we were there in a couple of hours. The room was on the 4th floor and had a lovely view of the town and the harbor. The service was impeccable, the room very comfortable and the evening was more than I could have expected! I highly recommend this for anyone looking for a romantic getaway- ask for the 4th floor with a water view! You will not be dissapointed!

Room Tip: Ask for the 4th floor with a water view- the sunrise was amazing!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FoodinMaine
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on several occasions and have never been disappointed. While I could tell things were a little different than years past, it still is like coming home. I missed the gingerbread house displays and beautiful greens that used to be outback. While the hotel is starting to show its age a little, our room was impeccably clean. I was a little disappointed that my request for any special considerations as a returning customer went without so much as a mention. Parking is a pain!!! You have to come into the building a get a special key each time you return from somewhere. Other than that, it was a lovely stay and a very nice breakfast. The location can't be beat. We love Camden!!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank JeanneX157
InnsManager, General Manager at Lord Camden Inn, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Dear Jeannex157,

I want to thank you for your review contribution of Lord Camden Inn! We are ecstatic to read of your enjoyment with the Inn! I apologize if things seemed different this year, we must have just missed you with completion of our Holiday decorations as both entrances are filled with greenery, holly berry, and lights as ever before. Our staff Gingerbread Contest which I established in 2010 has quickly become a favorite of guests and we look forward to this returning from a two year absence next season! We agree that the Inn has shown some more history and are proud to be proceeding into our third winter of renovations; some of which are already completed property wide to include carpets, bedding packages, and flat screen televisions. As we entered this year’s winter season our painters have been added to the beautification by bringing new color pallets to the guestrooms rooms and suites. Being Camden’s Premier Downtown Inn we understand parking in downtown Camden is limited to hourly restrictions. We are happy to be able to provide a free gated lot for our guests to use just a block away. Being gated this does indeed require a pass in order to enter which we happily loan out each time as it is not needed to exit the lot.

We’re honored you have chosen Lord Camden Inn as your home away from home each travel to Camden and look forward to seeing you return and discovering the new items we’ve been adding! If you would like to speak further regarding special returning considerations you mentioned I would be glad to hear from you and learn more.

Erick Anderson
Eliot, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

My wife and our 1-year old stayed in a room right on the river in the Camden's super quaint downtown commercial district. Our small room was very well appointed, with comfortable seating and with marble finishes in the bathroom. I'm a stomach sleeper and prefer a firm mattress, so I was concerned that the bed might be too soft--though I slept fine both nights. The breakfast was great and included fresh fruit and make-your-own waffles--they use delicious waffle batter and "real" maple syrup! The hotel staff were superb. Lord Camden Inn is right in the middle of the commercial district, so you're right there to enjoy the shops and restaurants. If you're traveling with kids, we recommend the children's room in the library with its tunneled lighthouse, boat, and train set--our son had a blast there. The library is within close walking distance of the hotel. Camden's downtown harbor view is quintessential Maine.

Room Tip: The riverside rooms are likely quieter than the rooms facing the busy main street. While the rivers...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Allentown, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

We enjoyed our three night stay at the Lord Camden Inn. The Inn is very warm and comfortable. The coffee and cookies in the lobby and the friendliness of the hotel staff added to the warm atmosphere. Our room was on the third floor facing Main Street with a view of the harbor and the beautiful sunrise. The room was not large, but it offered all the amenities we needed including a refrigerator and microwave. The bed was very comfortable. The Caswell and Massey products in the bathroom were a very nice touch. The buffet breakfast included homemade granola that was very good. The Inn is situated right in the midst of all the shopping and restaurants in Camden.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Camden
Grand Harbor Inn
Camden Maine Stay Inn
Camden Maine Stay Inn
#1 of 19 in Camden
Samoset Resort On The Ocean

Been to Lord Camden Inn? Share your experiences!