“Wonderful”
Review of Lord Camden Inn

Lord Camden Inn
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Camden
Reviewed 8 February 2010

The staff was very pleasant, the room was beautiful and the hotel was very clean and updated. I would recommend it highly.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 January 2010

I have stayed at the Lord Camden Inn many times and am always very satisfied. The inn has an outstanding location in downtown Camden, Maine and within walking distance of many attractions. The service is outstanding and the rooms are immaculate.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank segal289
Reviewed 9 September 2009

We enjoyed the Lord Camden. The bed was especially comfortable. I only have two suggestions. 1). The parking lot requires a pass card which they want returned immediately. I understand this. Rather than a card, perhaps they could get a gate that has a key pad and just change the code daily. 2). I consider this a classy place, but as with other hotels/Inns these days, the maids do not leave extra TP when they make up the room on the day of your last stay. Not that we needed it, but it is just something I notice. I can't believe anyone would want to take a roll of TP home.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank johnhinnc
Reviewed 3 August 2009

My hubby and I are very pleased with our stay. We were looking for quaint and in the heart of Camden. And this definitely is the place. We can't say enough about the staff at the front desk and the accomodations. The Inn definitely blends modern day luxury with a warm and rustic old-world charm. Loved it!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JaneClearwaterBeach
Reviewed 2 August 2009

This is the 3rd time that I have stayed in the LCI twice with the whole family including my parents and once with my husband (when we were able to get a babysitter for the weekend!) . Since this hotel has gotten a few bum reviews recently let me tell you why you want to stay here:
(1) The staff goes out of its way to make you feel as though you are home.
(2) The rooms have so many little "plusses" you will feel as though you are royalty. The housekeeping staff is accomodating and leaves the rooms impeccable.
(3) Breakfast - included and a zillion choices from yogurt with homemade granola to a fresh crisp waffle topped with Maine Blueberry Sauce and whipped cream. YUMMY especially to my kids who are 7 and 4. I have to give kudos to the girls running the kitchen. That is exactly what they do RUN to make sure everything is filled to the best of their ability!
(4) LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION. Walk yourself to shops, dynamite restaurants, or the harborview park just across the street.
(5) Did I mention the gift that the staff has with making you feel like you have been their friend for years? They were so amiable to my little ones, entertaining their questions and asking my kids how Lobster Fest was and then attentively waiting for all the details.

We will be back for sure. With or without our children because no matter who you are or where you are from the staff at the Lord Camden is there for YOU!!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2009

Megan Stilwell, the manager was quite concerned about my review. To her credit, I will say she did follow up on my comment card by calling me at home the next day and did offer a future free night (we got comped mostly because I was rudely awakened by a very vocal /active couple (If you know what I mean) bangin' next door to us - but we will not return.) It was our last of 15 nights after 1500 miles plus from Boston to Cape Breton. We found staff occupied with their work instead of focusing on us. The laundry list of issues for the price of this hotel, plus the fact there website touts "unsurpassed" service and elegance. I think all staff needs a client culture workshop to be considered "unsrupassed". Breakfast room was confusing and that staff really need to get it together -due to having our pup with us we were "advised" to take turns getting food and bringing it back to the room. I found almost no eggs and no bacon and a few sausages. I asked when it was being refiled and was told "RIght Now" in a snotty way - came back with the bar tray from my room (how else did they expect me to bring my breakfast back to my room - balance it on my head?- where is the unsurpassed service? - only to find the same food situation - my husband went down after me and found it the same - I can only hope my explanations to the manager will help ensure future clients a better turn of events (we had booked a Harbor view suite by the way) - but if I ever did return to Camden, I would give the Riverhouse Inn a try- front desk was very nice went I brought pup in on my morning walk to check room rates, etc. They have onsite parking -maybe no private balaconies, but a lovely garden for guests, indoor pool and spa and outdoor area for guests with pups to enjoy breakfast as expected for the price.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Megan4325, Manager at Lord Camden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2009

I would like to begin by stating that we are very sorry that your recent visit with us did not live up to your expectations. After learning of your dissatisfaction upon your departure, my staff and I felt terribly that we had let you down. As I stated with you over the phone after you had returned home, it is very rare that a guest leaves unsatisfied. Our staff works diligently to make everyone's stay as enjoyable as possible. In regards to your complaint about the noise disturbance coming for the next room, we hope that our quick response of moving the problem guest to another room on a lower level demonstrated our efforts to try and resolve your concerns and frustrations. When we learned that the noise was more of an inconvenience than originally understood, we comp'ed your stay, as we knew that this would be the only option in rectifying the situation. As for the service complaint, all that I can do is sincerely apologize. Our staff is recognized constantly for their willingness to assist others in any way possible, and for their warm hospitality and kind demeanor with anyone that they come into contact with. They work very hard, and despite the fact that "bad days" will occur on occasion, we do our very best to avoid them. Once again, please accept our apologies, and understand that I will personally do everything in my power to keep an experience like this from happening again. If you do chose to stay with us in the future, I ensure you that your stay will exceed every expectation.

Reviewed 23 July 2009

Just stayed here toward end of July 2009. I was a bit disappointed due to my expectations from all the former reviews. Overall, this was a nice hotel, but I will try others when returning to Camden. It COULD be the best hotel in Camden, but I'm willing to try others.

Pros:
1. Location right in the heart of town (although there are 2 others basically in the same location).

2. Great breakfast!! Hot scrambled eggs, sausage links, bacon, waffles, home made granola, yogurts, fruits, cereals, coffee, tea, juices and usually some type of home made baked good.

3. Friendliness of staff.

Cons:
1. Condition of rooms. They are in DECENT condition, but if I'm paying for
"Camden's finest luxury, boutique, hotel..." then I'm expecting just what it says "LUXURY". Doors that are hard to close, shoddy workmanship, and a renovation that may have put the hotel in better condition, but wasn't done to par all contributes to anything but luxury.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a hotel snob seriously. But, I also hate going somewhere with false expectations. This hotel is nice, no doubt, but don't go expecting the Ritz Carleton, or even a Hampton Inn. Go with the expectation of a nice hotel that has it's quirks that's in the heart of Camden and you will be happy with the results.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Megan4325, Manager at Lord Camden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2009

Thank you so much for your recent review of our establishment. Our staff works very hard to make each guest's stay a wonderful one, and I was glad to see that the service was rated highly during your visit. We have also taken measures this summer to see that breakfast exceeds the expectations of all of our guests, which proves true in your case, and in the case of many others. I do apologize if the guest room experience was less than you expected. The building is very old and holds a great history, but as a newly-renovated inn we try to provide a fresh atmosphere. We are constantly working to make the inn itself more contemporary and luxurious, and your comments have definitely helped us in our quest to appeal to each guest individually. Thank you again for your review and for staying with us, and we hope that we will see you again on your next trip to Camden!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Camden
Grand Harbor Inn
250 Main Hotel
250 Main Hotel
#2 of 3 in Rockland
Samoset Resort On The Ocean

Been to Lord Camden Inn? Share your experiences!