“Great atmosphere. Food was pretty good.”
Review of Cappy's Chowder House - CLOSED

Cappy's Chowder House
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We came here post hike with a group of adults and kids. The kids were really happy with their food (came in a fun cardboard pirate ship). The adults had appetizers and were also pretty happy. Lobster nuggets were great. The clam steamers were done in a garlic and white wine broth which was unique and delicious (almost like mussels). Lobster bisque was a little bland, as was the lobster roll (although still tasty). We had a really good time here and the service was very good. I would definitely return if I was in the area.

Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

On my families most recent trip to Maine we ate at Cappy's twice. Both times I got the blueberry pie for dessert and left with a full belly and a smile on my face. The pie is filled with delicious Maine blueberries and surrounded by a thick sugary crust. I'm not a huge fan of fruit pie but this pie turned me on to at least blueberry pie! The dinner on the other hand was less to brag about. My husband got the lobster dinner and while it was better than anything we can get in VA, in paled in comparison to Youngs Lobster Pound (15ish minutes away). I ate the haddock and was underwhelmed. The fish itself was fine but was smothered and over powered by a bread crumb filling. One highlight of the dinner course was the house salad with Cappy's House dressing! Definitely get a house salad! (We even bought a bottle of dressing home with us!)

Reviewed 14 November 2013

We stopped in for happy hour and made some new friends. They served free popcorn too. It's a nice little bar on one side and a restaurant on the other. Seems like they had about 10 beers on draft, with about half of them being local. Our group had fun.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

We had an ok dinner at Cappy's. Service was excellent, and nice atmosphere, but food only ok. As southerners, with a chef in the family, we found food to be very ordinary; not exceptional.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

The original Cappy's is a cute little place to ge chowder and a drink. They have expanded next door to a bigger restaurant. When you enter the new area it is very cutely decorated but as you go back into the dining area it is very u appealing with the exception of the view. It just needs something to cozy io the area. I had chili which was pretty good and my husband had the Haddock sandwich which he said was good. But I dint think we would go back. I would rather walk down the street to the Waterfront restaurant