“Yes, a vegetarian can find happiness here!”
Review of Cappy's Chowder House - CLOSED

Cappy's Chowder House
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We've been visiting Camden for years, but have never eaten at Cappy's before. But we decided to give it a go, and it was very nice! Of course, the view from the dining room is wonderful. We both had the veggie burger and it was yummy and quite unique, with lots of grains. It was also so big I couldn't finish it. Service was friendly.

1  Thank CamelCase

Reviewed 11 July 2014

The character of the place is great, but the quality of the food does not come close. The chowder was thin and lacked distinctive taste. The main course took forever.

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

The food was good. We shared a crab and artichoke dip and a lobster salad. Both were good and filled us up. View was nice and staff was great. We wanted to go to marriners but it closed at 2 so this was a good alternative.

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

I really don't get what all the local hype about this place is.My food was just ok and in my opinion under seasoned. My only compliment is for the beef stew that was very well made and tasty.

1  Thank criticalchef
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We had dinner there last week as part of our Camden stop on our annual sailing trip into Penobscot Bay. There were five of us including my wife and three clients. We were seated upstairs after a short wait. As others have noted, there is a great view of the harbor. Cocktails were ordered with the large ones coming in small canning jars. I had one of the better mixed Manhattans that I've had in a while. Service was fine. I had the fish and chips which were haddock and very well prepared. My wife and another person had the crab cakes which they said were very good. A couple pieces of blueberry pie and icecream were shared. All in all a most plesant evening.

1  Thank BluePhantom