“you get what you pay for”
Review of Atlantica - CLOSED

Atlantica
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, View
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: A small farm to table restaurant right on the water in Camden featuring local produce, organic meats, artisan cheeses. We make our own breads, deserts and all accompaniments on the plate. We offer signature bar beverages and an extended wine list.
London, United Kingdom
“you get what you pay for”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

great restaurant in a great location. a little pricey but well worth the extra if you appreciate top food.

trained servers, friendly, friendly owner/chef and delightful food. not huge portions but adequate. .

try the duck breasts and/or the scallops on crab risotto.

New York City, New York
“Outrageous prices for average food”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The young women at the reception desk were lovely and graceful. The young waiter was efficient and well mannered. The place is OK, average for a waterfront restaurant setting. The problem is the prices of the average food they serve. An ordinary 8 oz burger is $15, a down to earth lobster roll is $25 (and not as good as the one we had in a shack by the water and served on a paper plate,) a salad that consists of 2 slices of red beets and 2 slices of golden beets with 3 mini-pieces of goat cheese and a few arugula leaves was priced at $10. The only saving grace was a bottle of Malbec Rosé for $20. All in all, a $50 meal for $84 (tip included.) Please, be my guest, I'll be dining somewhere else.I don't mind paying his much for great to exceptional food, but not for a meal that you can get in wooden shack or in a 5 Napkins Burgers for half the price. I would have really rated this place as average, but being treated as a sucker angers me, thus the rating.

2 Thank MarcosH
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great food, pretty spot, service OK”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

The high point was the food. I had the pan-roasted halibut with butter-poached lobster - really good! A good-size hunk of halibut, perfectly cooked, and a smallish but very good lobster tail. It came with a bit of a delicious broth, a couple of fingerling potatoes, and a few (very few) but good peas and tiny green beans. (So if you gotta have your veggies at dinner, order a salad too.) The wine list was OK and they poured a pretty big glass.

Nice space overlooking Camden harbor. I sat inside because it was kind of chilly, but there was a large outdoor seating area too. The ambience is touristy. No surprise there.

The service was OK and well-intentioned but not super professional. I waited at least five minutes from the time I was seated for anybody to acknowledge me or fill my water glass. The waitress, once she showed up, was pleasant and could answer all my questions (and I realize that the delay may not have been her fault, but it just suggests less than stellar organization). All the waitresses I saw, as well as the woman asking "how many?" and the woman leading people to their tables, were young, like in their 20s, and seemed like college kids working summer jobs rather than professional wait staff.

Albany, New York, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic!!”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Great service, great food, and a killer view. I had the duck and it was perhaps the best I ever had. My wife had the filet mignon and it was cooked perfectly. You have to try the crème brulee; it was phenomenal!

Visited August 2014
washington
“after wedding dinner”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The food was outstanding. There were excellent hors d'houevres...clams, scallops, vegetarian choices. The meal consisted of 4 wonderful entrees...l.5 lbs of delicous lobster, swordfish done pefectly, halibut with lobster, and 12 oz rib steak for non-seafood customers. The service was excellent, the ambiance was perfect for our wedding party. It suited 40 of us with an outdoor balcony and 4 tables inside. They stayed late for our dancing, visiting, celebrating and it was much appreciated. The deck overlooked the beautiful harbor of Camden.

Visited August 2014