“Failed Expectations”

Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A small farm to table restaurant right on the water in Camden featuring local produce, organic meats, artisan cheeses. We make our own breads, deserts and all accompaniments on the plate. We offer signature bar beverages and an extended wine list.
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We expected a better experience based on reviews. We were seated on the deck which should have been fine had the overhead heaters been working. The weather was rainy and quite cool and we asked for the heater nearest us to be turned on but it never was so we were uncomfortable for the entire meal. The food was just okay and the prices were quite high for the quality and size of the portions. Our waitress was less than efficient. Will try another restaurant the next time in Camden.

1  Thank elaefcie

Reviewed 20 August 2014

What an outstanding meal we had here ! The owner/chef is a graduate of the Culinary Institute and his training shows in the high quality of the food presented .
The flavors were nuanced and subtle and inventive and each bite made you just wanna stop and exclaim " Damn ! This is good !" .
We both had the Blue Fish what a treat - and the littleneck clam appetizer too .
The setting is lovely overlooking the harbor and the tables spaced enough apart to guarantee a bit of privacy.
The staff were friendly and professional and the service delightful.
We are still thinking about our experience at Atlantica - what a fine evening !

Reviewed 20 August 2014

great restaurant in a great location. a little pricey but well worth the extra if you appreciate top food.

trained servers, friendly, friendly owner/chef and delightful food. not huge portions but adequate. .

try the duck breasts and/or the scallops on crab risotto.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

The young women at the reception desk were lovely and graceful. The young waiter was efficient and well mannered. The place is OK, average for a waterfront restaurant setting. The problem is the prices of the average food they serve. An ordinary 8 oz burger is $15, a down to earth lobster roll is $25 (and not as good as the one we had in a shack by the water and served on a paper plate,) a salad that consists of 2 slices of red beets and 2 slices of golden beets with 3 mini-pieces of goat cheese and a few arugula leaves was priced at $10. The only saving grace was a bottle of Malbec Rosé for $20. All in all, a $50 meal for $84 (tip included.) Please, be my guest, I'll be dining somewhere else.I don't mind paying his much for great to exceptional food, but not for a meal that you can get in wooden shack or in a 5 Napkins Burgers for half the price. I would have really rated this place as average, but being treated as a sucker angers me, thus the rating.

2  Thank MarcosH
Reviewed 17 August 2014

The high point was the food. I had the pan-roasted halibut with butter-poached lobster - really good! A good-size hunk of halibut, perfectly cooked, and a smallish but very good lobster tail. It came with a bit of a delicious broth, a couple of fingerling potatoes, and a few (very few) but good peas and tiny green beans. (So if you gotta have your veggies at dinner, order a salad too.) The wine list was OK and they poured a pretty big glass.

Nice space overlooking Camden harbor. I sat inside because it was kind of chilly, but there was a large outdoor seating area too. The ambience is touristy. No surprise there.

The service was OK and well-intentioned but not super professional. I waited at least five minutes from the time I was seated for anybody to acknowledge me or fill my water glass. The waitress, once she showed up, was pleasant and could answer all my questions (and I realize that the delay may not have been her fault, but it just suggests less than stellar organization). All the waitresses I saw, as well as the woman asking "how many?" and the woman leading people to their tables, were young, like in their 20s, and seemed like college kids working summer jobs rather than professional wait staff.