“Waterfront Camden Maine”
Review of Waterfront

Waterfront
Ranked #6 of 50 Restaurants in Camden
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Great views of the harbor. Windjammers in harbor during spring, summer and fall. Many restaurants and shops all in a short walking distance. I think one of the best views of the harbor is from the top floor of the Camden Public Library. Lots of activities over the summer and fall. A beautiful place to visit and even better to live there.

There are newer reviews for Waterfront

Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

We went to the Waterfront because a local resident told us that it was a good place to eat for dinner. Well he was mistaken, we got seated pretty quickly and I thought that was a good start, but it went down hill from there. I ordered a glass of wine for 8 bucks and the halibut and scallops for 22 when I was finishing my last sip of wine before ordering another I got a mouthful of sediment which I'm guessing was from the wine sitting for a long time, I told the waitress and she just said, "yea that happens sometimes" ? We'll it shouldn't happen when you pay 8 dollars a glass, I told her twice, with the same responds, she could have at least asked if I wanted to replaced that glass with another on the house or taken it off the check? Then the food came and the halibut was very dry and the coleslaw was lacking any flavor at all. I would not recommend the Waterfront because there is a lot of places to eat in Camden that you'll enjoy more with better service. The prices do not reflect the food and service that you receive.

3  Thank JOHNNYB17
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I eat at the Waterfront five to ten times a year. I have never been disappointed. In the summer eating on the deck, watching the harbor activity, is delightful. In the winter eating inside is cozy and comfortable. At the Waterfront a person can count on the food being excellent and wholesome. The service is also consistently excellent. The menu varies while keeping the favorites such as steak and lobster. It is my favorite restaurant in midcoast Maine.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

We have dinner or lunch at the Waterfront just about weekly and have done so for 13 years as this is in walking distance from our home. When family and friends visit us, we take them to the Waterfront for lunch or dinner and everyone has always been very happy with the experience.

Atmosphere: The view is beautiful of inner Camden Harbor, Curtis island, and Mount Battie. The very large deck, which sits over the water, is open in the summer and fall. Outgoing boat traffic passes next to the restaurant, while incoming traffic is across the harbor, so in the summer there are always schooners to watch sail by. In the winter, the fireplace is going and it's a warm, inviting atmosphere.

Drinks: Can't comment on the alcoholic drinks personally, but all our guests who have ordered them have been quite happy with them. I had a glass of house wine once years ago (bad day at work), I finished it and it didn't finish me, so I guess that's good. Coffee's good. We stick with the bottled water, seltzer, iced tea, etc. Not happy with the complimentary water, but that's a town water supply issue, not a restaurant one.

Food: We hate seafood. Yeah, I know. You will have to rely on other reviewers for that. I will say that most of the people we bring here do order some sort of seafood, and all have been quite happy with it. Anyway, there are always plenty of dishes that skip the crustaceans and fishy stuff. The only sub par dish either one of us has encountered is the chicken Marsala. It's more like a soup and the chicken was not very tender. We have tried it three times between the two of us, each time it's the same. The Tuscan bread soup is delicious as are every one of their salads. Sometimes the soup of the day can be too salty though. The chicken enchilada always seems different, yet it's always very good. All the other lunches/entrees/specials we've had over the years have been great, from steak to panini sandwiches.

Dessert: We've ordered dessert maybe three times in the 13 years we've been coming here. Each time it was superb, huge and waist-expanding.

Service: Twice in 12 years our order was forgotten. Both times it was a busy summer day and the waiter/waitress was new. Not a bad track record. We've come to know many of the servers, and they have always been very engaging, knowledgeable, attentive and polite. Wait time for a meal has always been appropriate with the exception of the two aforementioned instances.

Value: Best value in Camden for what you get. This is not gourmet fare. There is no drizzling, no balancing of minute pieces of food on a plate and sprinkled with some garnish. This is just good food presented very nicely for a very reasonable price, especially in the heart of one of Maine's major tourist destinations.

The Waterfront is busy year-round, which speaks volumes here in midcoast Maine. We've watched countless restaurants open and close over the years, but the Waterfront is always the consistently busy go-to place for a nice dinner or lunch without having to remortgage the house.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

The waterfront is a nice place to walk and enjoy the ships and views. Take time and enjoy after a day of shopping or after lunch or dinner.