“Lobster Roll#2”
Review of Waterfront

Waterfront
Ranked #7 of 48 Restaurants in Camden
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic, Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Grantham, NH
“Lobster Roll#2”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Met friends for a nice lunch here. The Resturant is not A/C, and the day was unusually hot and humid, making it a bit uncomfortable even eating inside. Lobster roll, fries and slaw was very good, as were the other entrees served at our table. Service was very good, and pricing reasonable. Back eating area overlooks the Bay, and the town itself seems lovely.

Jacksonville, Florida, USA
“The best deck view in Camden”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We have been going to the waterfront for over 30 years. The view from their deck is one of the best in Camden. Great opportunity to see the harbor activity. Over the years, we have enjoyed the clam chowder, mussels, the fried shrimp and calamari either as a meal or an appetizer, the steamed clams, the fried haddock sandwich, among others. Their food is very good and the ambience is outstanding.

Visited July 2014
Hyde Park, New York
“The water was the best thing we had.”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Okay for real. The food was gross and tasteless. I had high expectations for this cute restaurant on the harbor in Camden. When walking in we were immediately greeted by the three hostesses which made it seem like they had somewhat of good service. Didn't last long. Asking to be seated on the deck during busy hours isn't the best idea either. We were told that we could only get the "light menu" or wait 40 minutes for the full menu outside. In my eyes, why not seat a table that is willing to pay for a full menu before seating people willing to spent 10 bucks. Anyway, took the inside seat and waited about 5 minutes to be greeted at our table. Soon after our server finally came to the table and took our order. Shortly we noticed that our server was going around to all of her tables and reading them specials. She never offered them to us. We never even got her name! About 5 minutes later a new server approached us saying "Hey, did you guys seat yourselves….?" We told her that someone had already come to us and taken our order. She responded "OH! Must be the wrong table." My $22 grilled salmon had arrived and i was absolutely shocked by its presentation. See photo. The mashed was under seasoned, green beans were mushy, and the juices were all over the plate. My date for this evening ordered the crab cakes which were tasteless aside from the bitterness of the burnt tops. The coleslaw was actually decent and the order of fries that came with it seemed to only have about 10. Overall, the service was horrible. The unnamed waitress was nice, but seemed like a very weak server. The kitchen needs to take a little time out and clean up their plates. Another thing we noticed while observing was that the waitstaff looked very unprofessional and carried themselves as if they were at home. Some wore spaghetti straps, some flannels, some dresses and some tie dyed cut up t-shirt. There was no dress code and not even any type of unison between the staff. Last but not least as we were leaving there were three people as the host stand that failed to thank us or wish us a good night. They just continued to converse with each other and completely ignore us until we spoke up right as we stepped out of the door and said "Thank you, have a good night." They responded with the same.

6 Thank Chef_Frankie
Salem, Massachusetts
“Wonderful lunch and great views”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This place is exactly what you expect it to be. Freshfood, fast service and with a great view over the harbor. Perhaps not a culinary adventure, but a great lobster roll and a local beer were all we needed.

Visited July 2014
New York City, New York
“Location, Location, Location. That's about It!”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My husband and I waited 40 minutes for a table because we wanted to be waterside. Inside the restaurant is dark and dingy - you couldn't PAY me to eat in there! We waited for our table at the bar and each had a glass of house wine - which was actually very good. The bartender was a grim looking man who barely said two words to us. When we finally made it outside: EUREKA!! The view is beautiful, right on the harbor among all the boats - just lovely!

Service: The server was a nice girl - no complaints there. However, the service - through no fault of hers I'm sure - was VERY slow. In this case that was okay, since we had a stunning view to look at. I was checking out other people's dishes, and there were MANY fried "baskets" - not what I was looking for. My husband ordered the artichoke and crab app for us - WAY to fattening for me! I only ate a little but it was delish. Be aware, it comes with hunks of BREAD to dip with, so if you are dieting/eating healthy this is NOT the app for you.

For an entree I ordered the lobster cobb salad for twenty bucks, one of the lesser expensive items on the menu. It turned out to be very good - I recommend it. My husband liked his dinner but it was not great. The coffee however was very good. My recommendation: Go here for the view - but since the food is just average don't order an expensive meal. Enjoy!