“delicious breakfast”
Review of Whitehall Inn Fine Dining - CLOSED

Whitehall Inn Fine Dining
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We had a delicious breakfast hosted by the Brides parents the morning after the wedding.Blueberry pancakes,maple bacon,and fresh berries,eggs and apple french toast.The coffee was great. What a beautiful place to have a meal. The wait staff was very friendly and you can enjoy the rockers on the porch too!

Reviewed 30 September 2013

The food was good, though not outstanding but above all the service was a bit unfocused. A shame in a way but could easily be put right with a bit of training and clearer allocation or roles for the staff.

Reviewed 26 June 2013

Breakfast buffet on weekends was good and included in the price of the stay if you are staying at the inn.

Reviewed 8 October 2012

After reading all the great reviews of this place I was really looking forward to breakfast here. There is no doubt this is a wonderful old icon, with charm and tradition. But, the breakfast was underwhelming. After looking over the buffet of the usual ordinary breakfast buffet, we decided to order off the menu. We both had eggs benedict and were shocked to get two eggs poached together on a single half of english muffin with two strips of bacon laying across it all. The hollandaise sauce was not particularly good either. At $15 dollars a head, it really was not worth the drive.

Reviewed 14 September 2012

The Whitehall Inn's prominent location just at the edge of town and perched above Maine's Route 1 makes the place a recognizable icon for just about anybody who has traveled through Camden. The Victorian structure's wide verandas with wicker rocking chairs and beautifully landscaped walkways are an invitation to experience the Camden of yesteryear. Vincent's Restaurant at the Inn is one I've wanted to visit for some time.

My two companions and I arrived for reservations about a half-hour early and liked the friendly atmosphere of the bar so much that we decided to take cocktails there. These were served promptly and with style. My martini was dead dry and appropriately chilled. After about a half hour we moved into the restaurant...the place wasn't crowded. Only four tables were occupied, so service was good.

The menu is short and the emphasis seems to be on local and very fresh ingredients. I order a Caesar Salad with the unusual accompaniment of the local Ducktrap River smoked salmon. The combination was delightful and the presentation was stunning. The tawny orange of the salmon was a perfect foil for the crisp greens. One of my companions had one of the chilled soups and the other a green salad if I remember correctly. For my entree, I had Grilled Halibut...sensational and cooked perfectly. One of my friends asked for a double order of Maine Lobster Cakes and these looked splendid. I believe the other ordered a rib-eye steak, a specialty of the house. Everybody loved the food and the service was really quite nice.

We all had dessert - a fresh berry shortcake. And tea and coffee service was on the Victorian side with silver plate sugar bowl and fine china cups. I particularly liked the attention to detail and the old-fashioned accents at this place. So many restaurants work hard at making their presentations cutting edge and forward that the old and traditional is a welcome change. I'd come back here in a minute. I enjoyed the place immensely.

3  Thank redeco