“Don't stay anywhere else in Camden”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Camden
Timbercliffe Cottage Bed & Breakfast Inn
Ranked #10 of 19 Camden B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 August 2011

This is a great little B&B in Camden. It is within walking distance from town and the hosts are excellent and friendly. Breakfast is delicious - you can't go wrong.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 August 2011

Not really a cottage but had that friendly feel. Hosts were very pleasant, breakfasts on the porch or patio were excellent, nice ocean views from the porch. Location was good- could walk to town. Would definitely stay there again.

1  Thank boomer50
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Spent just one night at the Timbercliffe, but really enjoyed it. Captain Pendelton's room had one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in. And the hosts are great - super friendly.

Reviewed 18 July 2011

Timbercliffe Cottage is a delightful B&B in Camden.

Dave and Karen are so warm and welcoming - I felt like I was in my own home (ok, let's face it, I'd really rather live there). Dave and Karen - do you want to trade?????

The rooms are spacious and well done (and super clean). They are decorated in a general decor of old New England - but it's done really nicely (not showy). The B&B has a library, living room and a well stocked pantry with soda, water, coffee and delicious snacks! There's also a nice ice machine if you want to keep wine or food cold in your room.

I've stayed at many B&Bs, and I have to say that this is one of the best. The breakfast was wonderfully delicious.

The B&B was warm and cozy. Dave and Karen were really friendly and helped with restaurant recommendations, ideas for sight seeing, and were generally friendly and chatty. I really felt like I was at home - this was a wonderful feeling (Karen followed me out offering an umbrella one day!).

This spot also has the most comfortable beds and pillows ever! I wish I knew where they came from, because I'd buy my own.

Definitely a must stay! Great spot, close to town and beautiful!!! Stay here and you won't be disappointed!!

1  Thank ChicagoK2
Reviewed 16 July 2011

Timbercliffe is as good as it gets in a B&B. The house is beautiful and, unlike most of the other B&B's on High Street, is set well back from the road overlooking a manicured lawn with cheery flowers and landscaping. The owners, David and Karen Kallstrand, are warm and wonderful people - David (ex-techie) keeps everything ship shape and Karen is cook extraordinaire. Breakfasts are fabulous and there are always homemade cookies set out in the afternoon. The rooms are tastefully furnished and everything is spotless.

We stayed at the Whitehall Inn (ugh) on our first visit to Camden in 2008 and found Timbercliffe by checking out as many of the B&B's as we could so we wouldn't be fooled again on future trips. We've stayed with the Kallstrands twice since 2009 and had a great experience both times. It's easy to give this B&B our highest rating.

1  Thank genericposter
Reviewed 13 June 2011

This was our second visit to Timbercliffe, and we would not hesitate to go back again. They get the little things as well as the big things right - lamps on BOTH sides of the bed! One of my pet peeves! Dave and Karen are so welcoming - it was like coming back and staying with some old friends. Karen's breakfasts are not to be missed - she made us a broiled egg concoction that I am dying to try to make myself. Many of the rooms have a view of the water from the wonderful front porch - a great place to sit and read a book.

1  Thank WendyW50
Reviewed 13 June 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Timbercliffe Cottage over the past week. I can not say enough good things about this inn and its owners, Dave and Karen.

To start with, let me say that my husband and I were in Camden for 4 nights. Having had one really awful experience at a B&B in Gettysburg, PA, we decided to hedge our bets by splitting our time into two inns. We booked the Timbercliffe and the Maine Stay Inn. The Maine Stay was significantly more expensive and was our "splurge" inn for this trip. The Timbercliffe was supposed to be our "budget" inn, as it was very reasonably priced. In fact, the inn was so reasonably priced, I was a little concerned that it would be a tad rough around the edges. My fears were entirely misplaced.

I have to say that the Timbercliffe is completely made in the details. When I reserved, I let Dave know my husband and I would be getting in late. Not only did Dave make arrangements to check us in late, he went the extra step to inform me that Camden restaurants close early and to recommend a great place (Monsweegan Roadhouse) on our route up.

When we arrived at 10 pm, Dave greeted us, showed us around and even let us pick from any available room rather than just sticking us in the one we booked online. We loved our room, the Captain Pendleton room. We actually had a view of the bay from our bed! It was amazing. Plus, the bathroom was gorgeous with a big, iron claw foot tub. The whole inn is impeccably clean.

I'm crazy detail oriented and I just kept finding more happy little surprises. There were beautiful English and French toiletries, including heavenly bath salts. (When I mentioned to Karen at breakfast the first day that I loved the bath salts, she said she'd give me some more. When we came home that night, not only had the toiletries basket been replenished, there was also an extra packet of salts on my pillow.) Fresh flowers and a cute bookmark were in the room itself. The pillows and mattress were high quality.

One of the things my husband and I loved the most was the guest pantry. Available twenty four hours, there is a coffee/hot water machine, teas, milk, cookies, granola, water, sodas, fruit, etc. I am a tea junkie and I loved being able to make chamomile before bed. Karen and Dave also left out amazing brownies.

It's also worth noting how extraordinary Karen's breakfasts were each morning. She clearly loves feeding people and, when I said I liked cooking, was happy to give me tips. Karen apparently drives all over trying to find the freshest ingredients and you can completely taste that in her food.

My husband and I really loved just talking to Dave and Karen. They are so friendly and laid-back. They made sure we had everything we needed without being overbearing.

Overall, my husband and I were just blown away. I can't give high enough praise for the Timbercliffe.

1  Thank Pufferino
Also consider these accommodations in or near Camden
Blue Harbor House Inn
Hartstone Inn & Hideaway
Cedar Crest Inn
Cedar Crest Inn
#8 of 10 in Camden

Been to Timbercliffe Cottage Bed & Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!