“Timbercliffe Cottage-a special B&B”

Timbercliffe Cottage Bed & Breakfast Inn
Ranked #11 of 19 Camden B&B and Inns
Downers Grove, IL
“Timbercliffe Cottage-a special B&B”
Reviewed 25 June 2006

Wayne, my husband, and I spent three nights at Timbercliffe Cottage Camden Maine. We stayed in the Chauncey Keep Chamber. It was a really cool room with a fireplace and had a private bathroom. From our window, we had a view of the ocean. How nice is that! We felt as if we were back in 18th century New England because all the decor in this room and throughout the entire cottage is really true to this period in time. It was lovely.
The Innkeepers, Dave and Karen, were very friendly and accomodating, served delicious breakfasts, and made us feel very welcome. Karen loves to cook and try new recipies, and Dave loves to talk and socialize. We had pancakes with rasberry syrup, an omelet with canadian bacon, and a yogurt parfait that was yummy. One morning, we even ate our breakfast outside on the front porch , because the weather was so pleasant.
Camden is a really neat tourist town. There are lots of speciality shops, a pretty harbor, and great restaurants. One night,. we ate at the Waterfront restaurant and had lobster. The lobster in Maine is so tender and delicious. We really enjoyed it.
We have never been in Maine before, so we did some sightseeing. One morning, we took a drive up to the top of Mt. Battaie. The view from the top was spectacular. Another day, we took the ferry over to Isleboro and drove all around the island. It was a relaxing drive, and we stopped to walk along the rocky shore on the northern end of the island. Of course, we spent some time walking around Camden, had lunch, and took pictures of the harbor. We also visited Camden State Park and walked along the trail close to the water. We got some beautiful pictures of the water and the coast.
We hope to visit Maine again and would certainly stay at Timbercliffe Cottage again. We'd like to see more of the surrounding area because the scenery is so beautiful in Maine.All in All in all, this was a great experience, and we had a wonderful time.

5 Thank waynebarb

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 June 2006

On the quest for a place to stay in Camden, Maine, I found Timbercliffe Cottage - a newly renovated B&B Inn. I was warmly welcomed by innkeepers, Dave and Karen Kallstrand and have never felt so at home away from home. They treated me royally as a guest, personally showed me the area and fed me incredible gourmet breakfasts (even shared the recipes). The furnishings throughout the inn are pristine, keeping with the era of the home (early 1800s I believe). My bed was wonderfully comfortable and I awoke to a view of the ocean each morning, drank cappucino and ate breakfast on the big white wraparound porch and really escaped from the stress of my "real" life. The room I stayed in was called "Captain Pendleton's Chamber". Since I was travelling alone, I chose this room for the location and view. Other rooms are larger and grander, but Captain Pendleton's was perfect for me. I visited Timbercliffe Cottage in May 2006 and have already made plans to visit again in the fall.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Camden
Lord Camden Inn
Samoset Resort On The Ocean
The Inn at Camden Place
The Inn at Camden Place
#14 of 19 in Camden

Been to Timbercliffe Cottage Bed & Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!