“Stellar”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

My meal at Valentina was, hands down, the best meal I have had in midcoast Maine in several years. Flavors were fresh, creative and blossomed on the palate. The quality of the ingredients was outstanding. The atmosphere was elegant but casual. The service was attentive and friendly.

Our table ordered 2 small plates, 3 large plates and a desert and shared samples. Every dish was unique and delectable.

Vegan, vegetarian and gluten free dishes are available.

I will be back.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Michael has created a fine food restaurant with a casual atmosphere. He visits every table and has a number of interesting stories to tell. The wait staff are attentive, knowledgeable concerning the food and personable. Now the food: the Chef, formerly with Natalie's for ten years, prepared each item with care and imagination. Everything was delicious. My wife had scallops and gnocchi. The scallops were delicious - the sauce was superb, the scallops browned perfectly. The gnocchi were Light, if you can believe that! They can be heavy - my wife said, "You have to try these." Unbelievable - light, great taste - what a surprise - a real treat. I had oysters on the half shell perfect - good size and taste - very fresh. The I had the bouillabaisse - it was stuffed with lobster, clams, mussels, etc., the stew itself was good enough to dip in bread. The wine list was extensive and wine by the glass excellent and a decent size pour. We enjoyed everything. A real find in Camden and only open a few weeks!

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Despite the fact they just opened, the food and service was great. Atmosphere is clean, simple, bright and uplifting. They have small plates and also full dinner items. I had the pork skewers which were very tasty with a great combination of spices. The owner has been in the restaurant business his entire career and is new to the Camden area.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

This restaurant just opened, so some consideration may be made for the amount of time between salad and delivery of main course (40 minutes). I had the short ribs which were absolutely scrumptious. My husband had the bouillabaisse which was very small and just not enough food for the $28 price.

2  Thank Diana F
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My husband and I were very disappointed when Fromviandeux closed last year and kept waiting to see if another fine restaurant would open in its place. We are happy to report that Valentina's is definitely fine dining. We had our first meal there last night and all the food was outstanding. We had the lobster bisque, which was probably the best we have ever had, the lobster salad, poached cod and pork skewers. We enjoyed each dish, but the stand outs were the lobster bisque and pork skewers. The owner is gracious and fun, and makes everyone feel comfortable and welcome in his restaurant. We were pleased to see that Valentina's kept the space pretty much the same as it was under the previous owners. The only suggestion would be to add some art from local Maine artists which would be more in keeping with the restaurant's concept and relaxed yet sophisticated design.

1  Thank Bassetsj
Olga S, Owner at Valentina Coastal Maine Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you for your kind review. Since your visit and excellent suggestion that we enhance our restaurant with paintings by our exceptional local artists we have initiated a search and hope to present the works of our amazing local artists in the very near future.