“Inns at Blackberry Common is a bed and breakfast you will want to visit more than once.”

Inns at Blackberry Common
Ranked #7 of 19 Camden B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
West Chester, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 October 2013

If you are looking for a quaint, clean, friendly, and affordable bed and breakfast, Inns at Blackberry Common is for you. The location is excellent. Jim and Cyndi, inn owners, know the area very well and are more than willing to share great places to visit. After having a restful night, in beautiful accommodations, you will enjoy the most delicious breakfast. Blackberry Inns has it all- that's why my husband and stay there every fall.

• Stayed October 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We spent three nights at the Inns at Blackberry Common in Camden and found this B&B as charming and lovely as advertised. Our room was very comfortable and the decoration cosy. Breakfast was excellent and so original, the staff was helpful and the hosts very accomodating with special requests we had made.

Room Tip: Ask for a room looking over the garden, as Elm Street tends to be noisy
1 Thank Pascal H
Winston-Salem, NC
Reviewed 27 October 2013

The Inns at Blackberry Common are as charming as Camden! We chose the Library Room on the first floor and it is lovely. An added advantage of this room, is the adjoining living room, well stocked with interesting books and magazines. We were surprised that it was seldom used by other guests, as there are several other common rooms. The best part of this Inn however, are the innkeepers, Cyndi and Jim. They are knowledgeable and helpful with anything about the area and most of all, offer warm hospitality! Jim has an interest in and talent for creating amazing cuisine. His breakfasts are not only works of art, they are delicious examples of the best of Maine's local flavors. While we always enjoy visiting Camden, Jim's breakfast will be the thing we will most look forward to on our next visit! You can depend on their restaurant recommendations to be excellent. The Inn in conveniently located to shops and not too far from Rockport and Rockland with all they offer as well.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 26 October 2013

The Inns at Blackberry Common is all of those good things you imagine about bed-and-breakfast inns: warm, inviting spaces with fires burning in the common areas, comfortable rooms full of local charm, extremely friendly and helpful hosts, and delicious, healthy breakfast. It's clear that this is a well-loved, well-cared for, special place.

I was in town for a conference, and my only regret is not staying longer to explore more of the town and the surrounding areas for hiking. I highly recommend a visit to Camden and a stay at this inn!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Campton, New Hampshire
Reviewed 23 October 2013

My annual pilgrimage to Camden brings me home to memories of family and friends. Considering this is a solo trip, where I stay for my three day sojourn is important. My choice is the Inns at Blackberry Common. This beautiful Inn is my home away from home for those three days.
Upon arriving and entering the front door, I am greeting warmly by either Cyndi or Jim, who are the Innkeepers. If I need assistance with my bag, there is always someone to do just that. My chosen room is always clean and inviting. I especially enjoy the jet tub. Breakfast at the Inn is a special treat. It is varied, always delicious and the presentation is a creative art form. Jim and Cyndi are very particular about the ingredients used, which are locally grown and fresh. I could continue, but I feel my return each year is a testimony to the quality of this Inn and the Innkeepers. Cyndi and Jim are gracious Innkeepers whose focus is on their guests having a memorable experience. They are an asset to the community of Camden and represent the best at being a special Inn.

Room Tip: Because I usually travel alone, I choose a smaller room, but it has a gas fireplace and jet tub.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Our stay at the Inns at Blackberry Common for our 26th wedding anniversary was absolutely picture perfect! From the moment we arrived and was greeted personally by the innkeepers, our stay was amazing! Our room was beautifully decorated and had all the amenities a person could want. The bed was incredibly comfortable and after a wonderful night's rest, we would stroll downstairs to a gourmet breakfast like no other! The staff was incredibly accomodating throughout our entire stay. The parlors and sitting rooms within the Inn were also wonderfully decorated and very inviting with fireplaces and wine & beer available so that you could sit and relax after a wonderful day around the beautiful town of Camden. This by far was the best bed and breakfast experience that me and my husband have ever had! We would (and will) stay there again! Can't recommend it enough!!

Room Tip: The Treetop Room was amazing and beautifully appointed. A very private and romantic room with a pri...
Texas
Reviewed 11 October 2013

This was an excellent Inn. The atmosphere was warm and inviting. The innkeepers made you feel welcome and were very accommodating for special diets. The breakfast was wonderful! We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends