Blue Harbor House Inn
Whitehall(Camden)
Very Good 4/5
  • Beachfront
Great 4.5/5
All reviewseggs florentinecaptain's quarterssea dreamb bscottish couplesea glassrose roomshort walkbreakfast was deliciouscookieswonderful hostsquichefood allergiesgranolanew englandwould definitely stay here againlocation is great
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 August 2008

Have just returned from a wonderful 4 day vacation at the Blue Harbor House. I cannot praise this charming inn enough. The innkeepers Annette and Terry are delightful. They are so welcoming and hospitable, true hosts. What splendid breakfasts they prepare each morning as well! All served with great finnesse and good humour. The room we stayed in was great, it was the Nautical Nook room and was holiday inspiring!
If you want a real vacation at a genuine Inn then look no further than the Blue Harbor House! We will be back at the earliest opportunity... fall with any luck!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2008

This Inn was one of several we stayed in on our trip to Maine. We only stayed one night, and barely even met the innkeepers. The Inn is in a convenient location, you can walk to downtown and the harbor.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2008

I thought this inn was a good value for the money. Our room was clean and comfortable, breakfast was good, the innkeepers were very pleasant and helpful and the inn is a short walk to downtown Camden. We did have a fair amount of street noise in our room. I might have been disappointed had I paid the same prices as many other B&Bs in Camden, but this inn is a good, affordable choice in Camden.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2008

Sigh....I want to go back and stay longer. I love Camden and have stayed there many times and we had a GREAT stay at the Blue Harbor. We stayed in the Captain's Quarters Suite and it was lovely- fireplace, whirlpool tub, GREAT bed and cozy sitting area as well as a kitchenette (just used the fridge).

The owners, Annette and Terry, are from Scotland and were very friendly, helpful and lovely to talk to. You can tell they really care about the inn as it is beautifully decorated and immaculately maintained. The wooden floor in our room looked like it had just been refinished the day before!

I have food allergies (celiac or gluten intolerance) and they worked around this and made an amazing gluten-free breakfast quiche for me.

I have stayed at another b&b in Camden which I loved as well, but it was a little more formal than this one. What I LOVED about the Blue Harbor was that it was everything you expect from a b&b experience, but a bit more casual

I would stay here again and again and again!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2007

Blue Harbor is a gem. It's located just a short walk from the Center where there is an array of stores and restaurants that will keep you busy for many visits.

Our room was just right. Comfortable bed, clean bathroom with nice appointments and a sitting room with comfortable (too comfortable!) stuffed leather chair and couch and an extra TV. What a wonderful room to kick back and read or to dose in front of the TV or to fire up your laptop with the free WiFi. Coffee and tea were always available. And for you whose life doesn't begin until the first cuppa coffee: it's there waiting for you at a very early hour! One morning at 0500 hrs my wife was online reading the incoming news from the Middle East with a hot coffee by her side.

Now, about the innkeepers. Annette and Terry are the next gems you'll meet. Two lovely people. Make sure to ask how they got started in the inn business AND how they met. They were most gracious, helpful with sights to see and charming to chat with.

Annette and Terry serve beautiful breakfasts (isn't that what a B & B is all about?) Stewed pears with cream, Granola w/yogurt and fruit, Quiche (yes, real men will get a boost from Annette's quiche) bacon, an unusual sausage. Breakfast is different every day. At tea time there was tea (of course!) and coffee, banana bread and great oatmeal cookies. Almost the old tale about the son who comes to visit his mother after a very long absence: He wants to tell her about his adventures and she says, "Eat. Eat, we'll talk later!"

The overall inn is homey. I have the impression it is an excellent example of Downeast comfort and hospitality. The weather was nice except for a day of rain but that didn't take away from our visits to indoor activities--music, stores, restaurants. I believe I would enjoy Blue Harbor and the town with a foot of snow on the ground and more coming!

Blue Harbor is a must stay if you're heading to Camden or its environs.

Joe-Blume