“Terrific hosts!”

Blue Harbor House Inn
Ranked #2 of 19 Camden B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Rooms were clean and comfortable, with the softest sheets ever! However, the innkeepers are the ones that make this a truly amazing place! Terry and Annette were both very friendly and professional, they made delicious breakfasts and had good advice about where to eat for dinner. We were sad to leave their amazing B&B and hope to have to opportunity to come back for many more visits!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 August 2014

From the first phone call to inquire about reservations to check out (5 nights), our visit was a positive experience. Terry & Annette, the innkeepers, are charming, accommodating and just plain down to earth friendly. The breakfasts were amazing, as well as Terry's attentiveness every morning. Our room was very nice, comfortable and more than met our needs. Being a scone addict, I asked Annette if she had any good scone recipes that she would share. The very next day scones appeared at tea time (as well as a recipe with some good baking tips). The location of the inn was great, easy walking distance to downtown. I hope to return someday and would highly recommend the Blue Harbor House.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

We spent two nights at the Blue Harbor House. Reservations were made with ease online, and confirmed right after I book and a few days before we arrived. The website is informative and highly navigable, allowing me to view each room and suite before selecting one with features that we wanted. The Chart House suite is like a small apartment with plenty of room for two, with a downstairs room, a sitting room with futon bed, and a large bedroom with brass bed and roomy closet. The décor is not overly fussy, as in some inns, and includes charts, tide maps and trunks. There are two skylights and air conditioners. Rocking chairs on the small porch are perfect for an airy afternoon rest and read. The inn is a very short walk from charming Camden village and its scenic harbor.

Terry and Annette are attentive, friendly and knowledgeable. They clearly love their inn and being innkeepers; this labor of love is married to professional attention to guests’ needs, courtesy, cleanliness, and outstanding gourmet breakfasts.

I don’t travel primarily for the food, but breakfasts here are exceptional and will get travelers off to a strong start of hiking and exploring. One breakfast was fruit steeped in spiced tea with homemade yogurt, followed by perfect waffles, thin, soft and hot with runnels perfect for absorbing Maine maple syrup and melting whipped cream. Our second breakfast was scrumptious homemade granola with yogurt and blueberries, and individual quiche Lorraine with delectable pastry, eggs, and flavorful tomatoes and onions. Coffee is strong and delicious. Each afternoon a selection of teas are available, accompanied by light-as-air fresh cookies: molasses, chocolate and oatmeal raisin. I’m not typically a cookie fan, but I could eat only these cookies for the rest of my life.

Without hesitation, I would recommend this inn to anyone visiting Camden.

1  Thank RachelRaven
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We didn't know what to expect when we arrived. The innkeeper was very friendly and helpful. Our room was absolutely wonderful from the four poster bed to the old fashioned footed tub (shower was available also). It was within walking distance to downtown Camden. Breakfast was delicious and served every morning during our stay.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I found Blue Harbor House to be a lovely place to unwind before taking a boat in Rockland the next morning. My room was well appointed, comfortable and air conditioned. Even though I was on the street side, the air conditioner kept the noise level down and I slept well. The breakfast was fabulous! Enough to keep me going that day and very tasty! Also, the innkeepers were awesome in giving me ice for my cooler and for letting me have breakfast a half hour early so that I could make my boat in time. I am so pleased to have stayed here and encourage you all to check it out! Another wonderful thing was that there were many restaurants within walking distance, so I didn't have to take the car out again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank madforsox
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My husband and I traveled to Camden Maine for a friend's wedding. Camden is an amazing town in Maine--good places to eat and shop while enjoying beautiful views. The Blue Harbor House had a terrific location, the inn keepers attentive, the breakfasts were delicious and the Inn quaint. We highly recommend a stay at Blue Harbor House. Bathrooms were a bit small and could use an update but that wouldn't keep us from staying again.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Loved this B&B. Stayed for 6 nights and felt very comfortable and welcome by the friendly and down-to-earth hosts, Annette and Terry. Location is great, close to the beautiful Camden Harbor and all that it brings (restaurant, shops, excursions on the bay, etc). Breakfast was creative and delicious, especially, the from scratch blueberry pancakes. I am a vegetarian and my "diet" was fully accommodated and remembered every day. A meatless quiche was especially made for me (2 Xs) and it was delicious. The fruit course was one of a kind and so fresh and original. The afternoon tea included the best heath crunch macaroons, for which the recipe was generously shared.

Our room was comfortable and had AC, TV, thick towels, terry robes and a Keurig coffee maker.

Very nice place and real sweet and helpful hosts.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple