Captain Swift Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$97
Lord Camden Inn(Camden)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$217
US$457
US$326
The Towne Motel(Camden)(Great Value!)
US$103
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
Whitehall(Camden)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsnorm and lindacookiesb bmy husband and iafternoon snackcoffee and teagreat place to staybreakfast was deliciousan upgraderoad noiseperfect hostsnew englandonly stayed one nightcomfortable roomsbed breakfastsitting roomlemonade
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Captain Swift Inn one night in mid June as we drove io the coast from Portland to Acadia. We reserved a smaller more inexpensive room at the inn and the lovely innkeeper upgraded us to a larger room across the hall at no additional charge. Very sweet! After a long day of travel we walked downtown for dinner -a nice little walk. We returned to relax in our comfortable bed to watch done Tv. Breakfast was brought out to us by Norm in the morning and we enjoyed warm pears for a first course and blueberry pancakes with additional sided for the main meal. So yummy! A good portion to carry us until an early dinner. We loved staying! Thanks again!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank davisontravelers
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Wonderful accommodations. The dining areas are beautiful. The room was lovely. The breakfasts were delicious. The couple who own the place are delightful people, and so are their dog (not a person) and teenage son.
We had nothing but bad weather but coming "home" to the inn was a joy.
I could go on and on.
FRANTASTIC.

Room Tip: The stairs are kind of steep.
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We had the most fantastic experience at Captain Swift! I hadn't even gotten out of my car door and Linda was there to great us! She gave us all kinds of information upon arrival and showed us all the amenities of the b & b. We went to her recommendation and had a wonderful meal. Breakfast the next day was to die for. Grilled pineapple with a ginger sauce, then huge pieces of French toast and Canadian bacon. I didn't even use syrup! And the coffee was yummy! Room was very comfy, Greensleeves was nicely decorated. But what made this B&B the best was Norm and Linda, they just make you feel special, and their son is awesome, polite and helpful. The omelet we had on day 2 was beautifully cooked . After breakfast here we didn't eat until dinner time! We went on to Portland and I can tell you, I wished that I had stayed in Camden one more night. Portland was a nice place and we enjoyed it, but the B&B left a little to be desired, I guess Linda and Norm spoiled us.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 July 2013

My wife and I spent Friday and Saturday at the Captain Swift Inn. It is a great B&B in Camden, south of the town center. It is only a couple of blocks from downtown Camden and an easy walk. The hosts were very welcoming and friendly. They provided some great helpful hints about where to go hiking in the area that are not well known unless you are from the area. The room we stayed in was nicely furnished and fairly large. The bathroom was spacious too although I thought the shower itself was a bit small. My wife disagreed.....she thought it was fine. Our breakfasts featured local product where possible and were excellently cooked. Staff were very attentive. The only minor item (and I mean minor) was the room that faced the main street was a bit noisy at times from car traffic. But we would stay in that room again anytime. A very nice place and central to Camden. I highly recommend.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

Norm and staff not only read the book on how to succeed with a B&B but they wrote it. Could not have been any better and would definitely return. Stayed in the Swift Room - the gas fireplace would make this a great cold weather stay but while we were there it was in the 90s - A/C in the room was much appreciated.