“Great Inn”
Review of Captain Swift Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Camden
Captain Swift Inn
Ranked #9 of 19 Camden B&B and Inns
New Hampshire
“Great Inn”
Reviewed 15 August 2008

Great Inn! Great location, people, breakfast. Very very nice.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Pasadena
Reviewed 22 July 2008

What a beautiful Inn! We were greeted by the Inn keepers Linda
& Norm when we arrived. After a long drive what a pleasure it was to be offered homemade snacks and a cooling drink.
We were led to our lovely welcoming room, which would be our home for the next several days. Our hosts were able to supply us with knowledgeable information about the area. Before we started off the following morning, we enjoyed a one of a kind breakfast. Wonderful!! Enough to sustain us for the better part
of the day. Each day was a new experience, made more
enjoyable by the patient guidance of the inn keepers. Anyway
we will keep this Inn on our list of "must see again". Keep up
the good work--Linda & Norm!

• Liked — Cleanliness, hospitality, location, breakfasts, etc. (sorry, couldn't list just one)
  • Disliked — Having to leave!
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
Chicago
Reviewed 6 June 2008

We stayed here for a few days last summer. The owners are friendly and do try to accommodate any requests you may have.

I wouldn't say anything about this inn was overly impressive but the beds were comfortable, the room we had was large enough and the breakfasts filled us up.

Upside - the cookies Linda leaves out for the guests! Yum!

I think they also accommodate handicapped guests.

Downside - outdated AC (as previously mentioned). I don't need the newest and shiniest new gadget with a remote but this thing had wood paneling on it!
You can imagine how hard it chugged to cool the room. It took so long that we had to leave it on while we were out so the room wouldn't get overheated. And these are in the recently renovated rooms!

They don't keep the place spic and span clean but it's clean enough. So yes, you will find dust.

Also, if you're not a dog person, this may not be the place for you. Ajax is part of their family and out by the kitchen/dining/common area all day long, which also happens to be right by a room or 2.

• Liked — cookies!
  • Disliked — outdated AC
  • Stayed August 2007
Kansas City
Reviewed 13 April 2008

My girlfriend and I came to Camden for a "girl's weekend of shopping." We really appreciated finding a room with separate beds - sometimes not an easy thing to find at a B&B. The location was perfect for getting to the shops or the waterfront with just an easy stroll. Our room was simple and clean and the beds very comfy. The breakfasts really are the best! We figured we saved money because we didn't need to eat lunch on either day we stayed there. The best part of our experience at the Swift Inn were the owners. Norm and Linda are funny, thoughtful, informative, and welcomed us like family! And those cookies... We are planning another trip this summer and we most difinitely will be staying here!
Thank you Linda, Norm, Alex, and Ajax!

• Liked — the owners
  • Disliked — there was nothing I didn't like
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with friends
south jersey
Reviewed 21 November 2007

It's hard to admit, but Linda at the Captain Swift Inn makes better cookies than me. In my sphere, I'm known as the cookie lady, but I have nothing on Linda. A friend and I stayed at the Captain Swift Inn on a recent sightseeing trip to Maine. The wonderful cookies were just an example of the extra special care you get at the Inn. I'm a picky eater and my friend is a diabetic, but nothing was too much trouble for Linda. The breakfasts were great, made to order with consideration to our likes and restrictions. The room was very clean and comfortable, with a lovely gas fireplace. When Linda learned I'm a chocaholic, a bowl of Hershey's kisses appeared by the bed. This lovely, historic inn is in a beautiful town. Camden is Maine at its best - a charming, walkable town with a beautiful harbor, waterfalls, quaint shops, Victorian homes. The location of the inn is great - each night I went walking through town. The trip was a gift to my friend who had never been to Maine. By staying at the Captain Swift Inn and being in the town of Camden, she got the real deal! Linda and her husband, Norm are warm, welcoming people meant for the hospitality business. It's evident that they love their adopted town, their inn, and the people who visit. I hope to stay there again whenever I return to Maine.

• Liked — location, friendliness of innkeepers, cleanliness, great food
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled with friends
Uk
Reviewed 15 October 2007

My friend and I stopped here for 3 days in the fall and I could not fault this place one bit. It was one of the best decsions we made in booking this B&B for part of our holiday.
From the huge home made breakafsts to the warm cookies laid out for our return at the end of a night out , we were well looked after. This place is so warm and welcoming it was hard to leave. The rooms were expectionaly clean and were made up each day by the time you finished your two course breakfast. The owners Linda and Norm made you feel so at home. We are looking forward to our return next year.
Perfect place for a perfect town
Christine

• Liked — The owners
  • Disliked — it is to far aay form home
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled with friends
1 Thank Minako
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 6 September 2007

Although I can't say that my experience at the Captain Swift Inn was bad, I was hoping and expecting a bit more. The B&B itself was okay, but I thought the room lacked some charm. My main problem, however, is that, although the innkeepers were polite, they were not terribly warm and seemed to keep their distance. (Their little boy, however, was very sweet and friendly.) This surprised me given the other reviews.

So while everything was acceptable, I would probably stay elsewhere if I were returning to Camden.

• Stayed August 2007, travelled with family