“Lovely clean room, delicious breakfast”
Review of Captain Swift Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Camden
Captain Swift Inn
Ranked #10 of 19 Camden B&B and Inns
Nahant, Massachusetts, United States
“Lovely clean room, delicious breakfast”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My mom and I stayed here for three nights for a vacation on the Midcoast of Maine. The innkeepers were great. They had umbrellas and travel guides for guests to borrow (we took advantage of both). They had good information about how to find the things we wanted to see and gave great advice about things we didn't know we wanted to see.

We stayed in Hannah's room, which is on the first floor. It was clean and cutely decorated. It was larger than I had anticipated, based on my experience at other B&Bs. The beds were wicked comfortable. I tend to have a hard time sleeping away from home, but I slept like a baby.

Great location. it's within walking distance of cute little downtown Camden. Quick driving distance of Rockport, Rockland, Camden Hills State Park. Scenic area.

Most important thing !!!!!!!!! Breakfast was delicious. Fresh cooked. Fresh ingredients. Fresh coffee. Fast. Big. Cute dining rooms. It was really a delight.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Newtonville Ontario
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We had never used a B&B before so Captain Swift was our first experience and what a pleasure. Norm and Linda were wonderful. The atmosphere was exactly what we had hoped for a quaint New England get-away. The breakfasts were great, the bed was comfortable, lots of privacy and town was within a short walk. If we ever go to Camden again we would definitely stay at Captain Swift.

Vestal, New York
Reviewed 1 August 2014

What a wonderful experience! This is such a Charming Inn with absolute wonderful Innkeepers! This was our first trip to Maine and we are already talking about returning in the future. We will definitely stay at The Captain Swift Inn with Norm and Linda again! They are both so friendly and welcoming.The care they take for their guests is impeccable-right down to the very last detail! I have never had a breakfast like the breakfasts these two made for our stay here! Just wonderful!! The house itself is gorgeous. The rooms are lovely and comfortable. Its just a very inviting atmosphere and by far, the best experience we've had while staying away from home!

Anthem, Arizona
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Friendly, gracious, and knowledgeable proprietors. Delicious food. Comfortable rooms. Perfect location to walk to town. Easy parking. Convivial atmosphere. If you come to Camden, Maine (and you should), then this is the place to stay. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: There are suites in the back that are said to be superb.
Tampa
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I can't say enough great things about the Captain Swift Inn! Particularly the Innkeepers Linda and Norm! They are two of the nicest people ever. My new fiancé proposed to me the first day we arrived and Linda and Norm were so genuinely happy for us - it was so touching! They even left us a bottle of wine and a card in our room! We stayed in the Coastal Hideaway and let me tell you - it was the nicest and cleanest room I've ever stayed in. It's a 2 story suite with an incredibly comfortable bed and a huge jacuzzi tub- AMAZING! Oh and don't get me started on the exquisite breakfast they serve you each morning! A different menu each day with everything 100% homemade. I could go on but you get the picture - we love the Captain Swift Inn!!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Treacych
Calais, Maine
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I chose the Captain Swift because of the price, from a huge selection of online listings. When I arrived, Norm was extremely friendly, showing me around and asking if there was anything I didn't want to see at breakfast. Not wanting to seem snooty, I said no - the truth is, I'm used to pancakes and scrambled eggs, hate vegetables, and am a very picky eater. After being shown to one of the nicest bedrooms I'd ever been in, I had a chance to look around. What struck me most was how the space was used, and how nicely decorated it was - nothing over the top, but obviously more tasteful than a chain or larger place. I was able to speak with both Linda and Norm at length about the business - I plan to open my own B&B in the spring - and they went out of their way to offer advice and suggest resources. If they would do that, imagine what they will tell the casual traveler about the area! In the morning I was again asked about food choices, and when I saw the offerings, I was nervous - baked pears in an orange maple sauce, and pecan crusted French toast. Well, I had a pear once, and didn't like it, and I'm not fond of nuts. But I wanted to try it, afraid to offend these most gracious hosts. Everything was incredibly delicious - I cleaned my plates! Linda claims she isn't a cook - nonsense! - she could get a 6 year old to eat Brussels sprouts with her cooking! Oh - when you do stay - at breakfast - ask what an "Uncle Eddie" is! The bottom line is that this is the best B&B it has been my fortune to stay at, and I regret only being able to be there one night. I can't say enough about what an incredible home they have, and how special and welcome they made me - a complete stranger - feel. I didn't want to leave.

Room Tip: I was shown several vacant rooms, and all are well appointed, comfortable, charming, and elegant. I...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Meadville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 July 2014

My fiance and I spent 2 nights at the Inn and left wishing we could stay many more! The innkeepers were a delight and very helpful/informative about the area. The rooms and inn were cozy and quaint- yet modern enough to complete with any hotel accommodations. And the breakfasts were scrumptious and filling! We'd both highly recommend the place.