We called in advance to get a reservation - first thing the owner asked for was my credit card number to be sure to be able to get money from me (never happened when calling other B&B in advance). When we arrived we saw that the Inn is directly located at the through main road - with the consequence that the rooms viewing the street are very noisy. The bathrooms are tiny! The breakfast was a joke (kiwi + banana = fruit salad) and scrambled eggs - that's it! No bread and so on! NO VIEW to the sea (but stated differently in a advertisement brochure!). Bottom line: Do not go!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Victorian mansion with spacious, beautifully appointed rooms, just 180 steps from the Harbor and a short walk to the picturesque sailing village of Camden, Maine. Warm, inviting, comfortable, serene, plenty of seating in the garden; an oasis in Camden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Priceline and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Hawthorn Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawthorn Inn Hotel Camden
- Hawthorn Inn Camden, Maine