The Hawthorn Inn has become my Maine home away from home when I come to Maine to take the incredible weekend woodworking classes at Lie-Nielsen Toolworks in nearby Warren. Now, I can’t imagine staying anywhere but the Hawthorn inn. The lovely old house quietly tells its history, the rooms are lovingly appointed with guests’ comfort in mind, and the back garden is simply glorious. Innkeeper Maryanne Shanahan offers a warm and charming welcome, along with knowledgeable and spirited advice about the area. Do you want an extraordinary “French-New England fusion” meal? She knows just the enchanting restaurant. Do you need a lovely walk with which to end the day? She quickly produces a map and draws the route of the three-mile “Camden Loop” for you – and no walk could better feed the spirit and refresh the body. Do you have a special request? She will find a way to grant it. Maryanne and her husband Bill are sophisticated and engaging conversationalists, interested in everything…or just as subtly and considerately ready to recognize when you want peace and quiet.
Wait a moment: I said the Hawthorn Inn was my home away from home, but I have to take that back – the breakfasts at Hawthorn Inn are vastly beyond what I ever provide myself at home! Maryanne presents beautiful, fresh, seasonal, healthy, and utterly imaginative breakfasts that are like a still life in the beauty of their presentation, and taste even better than they look. Breakfast at the Hawthorn Inn is a restorative, sustaining pleasure to be savored every morning.
My first stay at the Hawthorn Inn convinced me I’d have to return. Now I can’t imagine being in Maine without staying there. May Maryanne and Bill go on welcoming all their grateful guests for many years to come!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Victorian mansion with spacious, beautifully appointed rooms, just 180 steps from the Harbor and a short walk to the picturesque sailing village of Camden, Maine. Warm, inviting, comfortable, serene, plenty of seating in the garden; an oasis in Camden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Hawthorn Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawthorn Inn Hotel Camden
- Hawthorn Inn Camden, Maine