“Early evening cup cake crave”

The Cookie Jar Pastry Shop
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Cape Elizabeth
Reviewed 7 August 2014

driving along shore drive, after stopping in a spectacular state park we were told about this place....so lucky!!!, stopped for cupcakes (chocolate yummmmm) coffee and water.....great cupcakes, warm service, great place....if driving by....or nearby, a must stop!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We stopped here on our honeymoon while traveling along the Maine coast. The store is adorable and the cream horns are to die for! I used to work in a bakery so I'm used to the protocol. The young girls behind the counter were less than enthusiastic and gave us the impression that we were bothering them or it was too much trouble to help us when we asked a couple of questions about the doughnuts. The doughnuts were yummy and the cream horn was my hubby's favorite. Overall a good stop, but don't ask questions, they frown on that apparently.

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

This is a true bakery- real old fashioned methods and ingredients! Biggest donut holes I have ever seen! Had a blueberry best claw and a glazed cinnamon roll- just the right mix of dough/flavoring/icing. Lots of coffee options- all self serve. Daily bread varieties looked delicious and there were lots of
Locals in the shop!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

We heard how amazing their donuts are from the person we rented a house from, so we headed there for breakfast this morning. It was not a lie. The donuts are huge and delicious. Really fresh and crispy as a donut should be. The coffee selection is also excellent. I love really strong coffee, and their dark roast didn't disappoint.

We will be back during our vacation to try other baked goods.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

A wonderful Boston Cream doughnut for me and a lemon filled for my wife. The Cookie jar is a Cape Elizabeth standard.